The Mutants to Hit Cannes

X3 won't be in the competition.

Maze said:
I just read on Allocine that The fountain will not be shown at Cannes finally..

:( ..

that said,well the movie goes on release in november here, and you?
I have NO IDEA what that says! Also, can you post a link? Here in the US it doesn't have a release date yet, just "possibly October."

I remember seeing the X2 Dvd, I mean, the film with the comentaries, and at the end of the film, when they speaked about the next one, Beast, etc. Lauren S. Donner said they can't be spending 150 million $ in the next one.

I dude they has spended much more than that... but who knows?

DarknessOfDeath said:
X3 is not the kind of movie that are in competition at the Festival..
which are more indie/arty.

Cool! You think we'll know all about x-3 after the premiere?

We'll know all about X3 4 days before that

Yeah, I remember reading about Jean's death and the rising of Phoenix at the end of X2 days before the movie was released . . . so I'm sure we'll know all about X3 before May 26th.

may 22nd seems too far of still. :( MAY, Get your butt here soon!! :p

UPDATE
Saw this on the officical Cannes Filme Festival site.Some new details plus a new pic of Ratner on the set of X-Men TLS. Theres more pics at the link provided.

They've posted an excerpt of dialogue from the film. Could this be Xavier's monologue?

X-MEN: THE LAST STAND

0159773yi.jpg

directed by Brett RATNER
USA

Credits - Actors - Synopsis - Dialogue - Contacts & links

Credits

Brett RATNER Director
Simon KINBERG Screenplay
Zak PENN Screenplay
Dante SPINOTTI Cinematography
John POWELL Music

Actors

Ian MCKELLEN Eric Lehnsherr / Magneto
Famke JANSSEN Jean Grey / Phoenix
Anna PAQUIN Marie / Rogue (Malicia)
Kelsey GRAMMER Dr. Henry "Hank" McCoy / Beast (Le Fauve
James MARSDEN Scott Summers / Cyclops (Cyclope)
Rebecca ROMIJN Raven Darkholme / Mystique
Patrick STEWART Charles Xavier / Professor X
Hugh JACKMAN Logan / Wolverine
Halle BERRY Ororo Munroe / Storm (Tornade)

Synopsis

In X-MEN: THE LAST STAND, the climactic chapter in the 'X-Men' motion picture trilogy, a 'cure' for mutancy threatens to alter the course of history. For the first time, mutants have a choice: retain their uniqueness, though it isolates and alienates them, or give up their powers and become human. The opposing viewpoints of mutant leaders Charles Xavier, who preaches tolerance, and Magneto, who believes in the survival of the fittest, are put to the ultimate test, triggering the war to end all wars.

Extracts of Dialogues

Xavier :
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. This is a lesson that every one of us must learn and live with. Why? Because we are mutants. Will it be for the greater good...or personal, destructive and tyrannical? This is a question we must ask ourselves. Why? Because we are mutants... Unfortunately, there are no absolutes when it comes to questions of ethics. For psychics, this presents a particular problem. When is it acceptable to use our powers and when do we cross that invisible line that turns us into tyrants over our fellow man?
Source: http://www.festival-cannes.fr/films/fiche_film.php?langue=6002&id_film=4359425

That could be from when he is teaching his class.

I was hoping they would include a Xavier monologue at the beginning of X3 at least for continuity.

His thoughts don't really make any sense, or nothing worth having that many words about. He's bascially saing...

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely because it pushes you towards a line where you have to decide when is the most ethical, and less intruisvie or oppressive way to use them..."

bosef982 said:
His thoughts don't really make any sense, or nothing worth having that many words about. He's bascially saing...

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely because it pushes you towards a line where you have to decide when is the most ethical, and less intruisvie or oppressive way to use them..."
i think that if you had written this movie it would last about 28 minutes :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"