The Dark Knight The new and improved Mr. Reese thread

what if Gotham PD goes looking for Reese to find out who Batman is but when they find him he's dead and they believe its Batman who's done it to protect himself.

I like this idea, as it solves the whole Reese knowing thing.

there's one in every thread.

one what??? i hope you didnt take offense to my comment because it was in a joking manner since alot of the people on this forum and the people i saw it with opening night understood that lucious didnt quit because the machine destroyed itself

SB-P

Maybe Gordon put him in witness protection and we'll never hear from him again.

or maybe nolan wrote mr reese into the script and his sub plot to show that even if you attempt to for lack of better words screw over batman he will still save you

SB-P

"When you're finished, type in your name".

When Lucius typed in his name, he looks at the screen and you start hearing some electrical shortages. Bruce planned on the machine to self-destruct after Fox and Bruce had found Joker and the name typed in, as you can see on Fox's expression. Also, as Fox is walking out, he's pulling down his sleeves and buttoning them up, as if he's going right back to work. It's very subtle, but it's all there.

-TNC

I didn't think that part was subtle at all. I thought it was pretty plainly obvious.
So was the look Ramirez gave Dent as he got in the car and pulled away, but everyone was saying they didn't see it til the second time. What were people doing the first time they saw this movie??

I didn't think that part was subtle at all. I thought it was pretty plainly obvious.
So was the look Ramirez gave Dent as he got in the car and pulled away, but everyone was saying they didn't see it til the second time. What were people doing the first time they saw this movie??

Drooling into their popcorn, mouths agape :cwink:

I've heard ppl say that Reese could end up being trained to be Robin...or Nightwing. After all he does know who Batman really is, and has that young look to him. I don't like the idea personally, but it's what i've heard.

LOL :dry:

It can go any way. He could feel indebted to Wayne for saving him or he could eventually come out and tell someone what he knows.

Coleman Reese said:
It can go any way. He could feel indebted to Wayne for saving him or he could eventually come out and tell someone what he knows.

I like your name! I like it! :hoboj:

But I kinda guessed the joker killed Reese. Remember, we saw him hanging upside down and reading off a script that the Joker had given him. We didn't see him after that (or was he one of the hostages?). I assume if you don't see a person after you know the joker got him, then he's dead.

Anyone?

But I kinda guessed the joker killed Reese. Remember, we saw him hanging upside down and reading off a script that the Joker had given him. We didn't see him after that (or was he one of the hostages?). I assume if you don't see a person after you know the joker got him, then he's dead.

Anyone?

The person on the video was Mike Engel, not Reese :waa:

Also, Engel was one of the first hostages Batman rescues in the climax. He survived.

After seeing this film I'm pretty damn sure Reese is the Riddler. He's slimy, smarmy, a total joke and, of course, "mysterious" is in the same ball park as "enigma".
Plus, Batman did nod at the guy but it was not returned. From what I saw Reese couldn't give a toss wether or not Bruce saved his life. It was all about him and getting his money.
Nolan is so smart to add this stuff, I only wish that the ambulance guy had been Jervis Tetch like people thought.

After seeing this film I'm pretty damn sure Reese is the Riddler. He's slimy, smarmy, a total joke and, of course, "mysterious" is in the same ball park as "enigma".
Plus, Batman did nod at the guy but it was not returned. From what I saw Reese couldn't give a toss wether or not Bruce saved his life. It was all about him and getting his money.
Nolan is so smart to add this stuff, I only wish that the ambulance guy had been Jervis Tetch like people thought.

The problem with this theory, is that The Riddler is supposed to be one of the smartest persons in the world, Reese was just a little worm who got lucky. And about the scene where Bruce saves Reese, I think he's afraid of Bruce, not the way you mentioned.

okay I dragged the "AMH is Riddler" chain for a long time. I dragged it long and hard. but Reese bloody hell, no way is he the Riddler, even I know that.

The problem with this theory, is that The Riddler is supposed to be one of the smartest persons in the world, Reese was just a little worm who got lucky. And about the scene where Bruce saves Reese, I think he's afraid of Bruce, not the way you mentioned.

But The Riddler is meant to be a little worm. He's a complete loser who wants to be noticed. Reese is the same way, why else make a scene by going on television?
I mean, it could be a red herring and I really want to see David Tennant in the role but I think we've got our Riddler and from what I saw in The Dark Knight I'd be very happy to see him in the role. He's suitably slimy.

Nonetheless Riddler is supposed to be INTELLIGENT.

Blackmailing Batman is hardly intelligent.

"...Good luck."

Nonetheless Riddler is supposed to be INTELLIGENT.

Blackmailing Batman is hardly intelligent.

"...Good luck."

He may be intelligent but that doesn't mean that The Riddler has much common sense.

The loose end of Reese knowing Bruce was Batman was the only little niggle I had with an otherwise brilliant film.
After the Joker's chaos had subsided and Gotham slowly returned to normal, people would then say "hey remember that guy on TV who knew who Batman was?" and obviously Gotham's criminal element wouldn't forget him... under torture he'd spill the beans!
As for the Riddler - NO! That's Eddie Nashton!

The loose end of Reese knowing Bruce was Batman was the only little niggle I had with an otherwise brilliant film.
After the Joker's chaos had subsided and Gotham slowly returned to normal, people would then say "hey remember that guy on TV who knew who Batman was?" and obviously Gotham's criminal element wouldn't forget him... under torture he'd spill the beans!
As for the Riddler - NO! That's Eddie Nashton!

Eddie Nashton who likes using aliases to flaunt his true identity in peoples face.

It'd be funny if Jonathan Nolan had no clue of the "Mysteries" thing and he just thought "Oh, OK. I'll call this loser guy 'Reese.' Now. Permawhite or makeup?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"