The Dark Knight The new and improved Mr. Reese thread

Reese = The Riddler just like whysoserious.com/overture = the prologue.
Why are we still arguing about this when Estelle Getty died. :csad:

Not to lose sight of this startlingly good thread (and moreover the newest fake leak) but...............

I too lack the the getup to talk about anything in our darkest hour.

Here's to you Estelle....you'll always be Sophia Patrillo to me...

My first post :D:
People, it seems that what would be the plot for TDK sequel has leaked, but I don't know if it could be fake. BIG SPOILERS:

--------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------
In the space of time between TDK and the sequel, Mr.Reese has been murdered. By who? Do you remember the cop that The Joker kills in the hospital before talking with Harvey? Well, it seems that a familiar of the cop blames Reese for his death because when the body is found the police thinks he has died because of the hospital explosion. Of course there are only a few "pieces" of the cop found and he is identified by his DNA, nobody knows Joker shot him before the explosion. The cop familiar thinks that the hospital exploded because Reese went to TV to tell everybody Batman's identity, and Joker, to stop him, made all the "I'm going to destroy an hospital if the guy doesn't die in 60 minutes" thing. Reese was an intelligent guy, he discovered Batman's identity, "the great riddle". And had very little moral and much ambition, he tried to blackmail B.Wayne. Well, it seems that there is somebody more intelligent and with less morals in his family, his brother, Edward Reese (Mr.Reese-Mysteries). After he knows about his brother's murder, it seems that he is really pissed off and already has some people to blame for it: First, all the family of the cop is brutally killed by him. The only clue is a riddle sent to the police (obviously at the beginning nobody knows anything about who could be the murderer, who is Edward Reese, his brother, and all the back story that will be revealed in the movie later). The police and Batman start to investigate. Edward Reese, using a fake name, Edward Nygma, blames the police too for don't doing his job right stopping The Joker before the hospital "incident" and for the death of his brother, so he will "play" with them too with his riddles. But his ultimate objectives are two, the principal cause, in his opinion, of the death of his brother: Batman and The Joker. This seems to have been written before Heath Ledgers death, so in this initial script, Joker was very important in the movie, being one of The Riddler's objectives. I don't know if Nolan will recast The Joker or will finally not include him on the story :(. What do you think? It seems they (Nolan brothers) had everything planned from the beginning and Coleman Reese was a more important character than what anybody thought.

good read but no doubt fake if the nolan brothers wrote this they would keep it to themselves until its half way done and it wouldnt leak so early

SB-P

My first post :D:
People, it seems that what would be the plot for TDK sequel has leaked, but I don't know if it could be fake. BIG SPOILERS:

--------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------
In the space of time between TDK and the sequel, Mr.Reese has been murdered. By who? Do you remember the cop that The Joker kills in the hospital before talking with Harvey? Well, it seems that a familiar of the cop blames Reese for his death because when the body is found the police thinks he has died because of the hospital explosion. Of course there are only a few "pieces" of the cop found and he is identified by his DNA, nobody knows Joker shot him before the explosion. The cop familiar thinks that the hospital exploded because Reese went to TV to tell everybody Batman's identity, and Joker, to stop him, made all the "I'm going to destroy an hospital if the guy doesn't die in 60 minutes" thing. Reese was an intelligent guy, he discovered Batman's identity, "the great riddle". And had very little moral and much ambition, he tried to blackmail B.Wayne. Well, it seems that there is somebody more intelligent and with less morals in his family, his brother, Edward Reese (Mr.Reese-Mysteries). After he knows about his brother's murder, it seems that he is really pissed off and already has some people to blame for it: First, all the family of the cop is brutally killed by him. The only clue is a riddle sent to the police (obviously at the beginning nobody knows anything about who could be the murderer, who is Edward Reese, his brother, and all the back story that will be revealed in the movie later). The police and Batman start to investigate. Edward Reese, using a fake name, Edward Nygma, blames the police too for don't doing his job right stopping The Joker before the hospital "incident" and for the death of his brother, so he will "play" with them too with his riddles. But his ultimate objectives are two, the principal cause, in his opinion, of the death of his brother: Batman and The Joker. This seems to have been written before Heath Ledgers death, so in this initial script, Joker was very important in the movie, being one of The Riddler's objectives. I don't know if Nolan will recast The Joker or will finally not include him on the story :(. What do you think? It seems they (Nolan brothers) had everything planned from the beginning and Coleman Reese was a more important character than what anybody thought.

not bad, but the Nolan brothers a Goyer did not write that i' m sure, but who ever did its not bad.

but whats up with his name still

Mysterious?????

So the whole of Gotham now believe Batman is a cold blooded killer and that he has killed a few people including cops. So if people believe that wouldnt Mr Reese also believe this and wouldnt he then proceed to tell the cops who Batman is to make the chase easier. :woot: The possibilites in a third film are unlimited, and I have faith Nolan wont make this situation into a minor incident e.g. Mr Reese just vanishing from the third film.

nicemovesfitchner.gif

Maybe we'll find out where he learned to grind like that.

After all it's a mystery.

Mystery = Mr. Reese

BOY GEORGE THATS IT!

I feel so proud. So,..so proud.

Actually, I just wanted a reason to re-post that.

^ ha :funny:

that is a good point SetEL. Maybe Reese is simply (and rightfully) scared of Batman now after seeing what Bruce is capable of. Maybe he realises he is fact a good guy after all and doesn't listen to the what the cops say. Maybe Fox even whispers in his here. Reese could be somewhat of an ally if they get him onside, it would be the smart thing to do since he already knows.

nicemovesfitchner.gif

Mystery = Mr. Reese

BOY GEORGE THATS IT!

And rightly so....haha!

bruce crashed his car to save reese and gave him a little nod i doubt mr reese would want to reveal to everyone who batman is after he saved his life when he could have let him die and his secret go with him

SB-P

tahts what I thought.
Just a question though you know at the end where the Sonar machine is destroyed does that mean that Lucius is staying now that its destroyed or is he still resigning.

bruce crashed his car to save reese and gave him a little nod i doubt mr reese would want to reveal to everyone who batman is after he saved his life when he could have let him die and his secret go with him

SB-P

That was when people were still 50/50 on Batman but by the end of the film he was known as a killer, and his supposed to have killed cops so he might change his mind. Either way I would hate for him to just vanish, if Nolan doesnt want to use him again perhaps bring closure to that sub plot. Personally I would have prefered if he did die.

Reese is never speaking to anyone about Batman again. The last time he tried, people all over Gotham were after his blood. It is likely this guy will flee Gotham never to return.

tahts what I thought.
Just a question though you know at the end where the Sonar machine is destroyed does that mean that Lucius is staying now that its destroyed or is he still resigning.
"When you're finished, type in your name".

When Lucius typed in his name, he looks at the screen and you start hearing some electrical shortages. Bruce planned on the machine to self-destruct after Fox and Bruce had found Joker and the name typed in, as you can see on Fox's expression. Also, as Fox is walking out, he's pulling down his sleeves and buttoning them up, as if he's going right back to work. It's very subtle, but it's all there.

-TNC

Well spotted, TNC. That's how I saw it too :up:

yeah I thought that but, it was more the slow walk and his head lowered down made gave me impression that he was sad he was leaving though I might have misunderstood it to be him feeling upset about the unethical situation he was just in lol

nicemovesfitchner.gif

Mystery = Mr. Reese

BOY GEORGE THATS IT!

Lmao:woot:

I didn't get the Mystery = Mr.Reese thing.That's interesting.

"When you're finished, type in your name".

When Lucius typed in his name, he looks at the screen and you start hearing some electrical shortages. Bruce planned on the machine to self-destruct after Fox and Bruce had found Joker and the name typed in, as you can see on Fox's expression. Also, as Fox is walking out, he's pulling down his sleeves and buttoning them up, as if he's going right back to work. It's very subtle, but it's all there.

-TNC

your eyes are keen.... and wise

That was when people were still 50/50 on Batman but by the end of the film he was known as a killer, and his supposed to have killed cops so he might change his mind. Either way I would hate for him to just vanish, if Nolan doesnt want to use him again perhaps bring closure to that sub plot. Personally I would have prefered if he did die.

so if everyone thought batman was a killer why would reese sell him out when he knew that he wasnt and saved his life when he could have just let him die with the secret of who batman is? what type of worm would do that?

SB-P

I've heard ppl say that Reese could end up being trained to be Robin...or Nightwing. After all he does know who Batman really is, and has that young look to him. I don't like the idea personally, but it's what i've heard.

I agree with what others said, i doubt Nolan will just sweep this part of the plot under the rug for the third film, which is why i hope he comes back.

what if Gotham PD goes looking for Reese to find out who Batman is but when they find him he's dead and they believe its Batman who's done it to protect himself.

so if everyone thought batman was a killer why would reese sell him out when he knew that he wasnt and saved his life when he could have just let him die with the secret of who batman is? what type of worm would do that?

SB-P

The kind that tries to blackmail people for 10 million.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"