First Avenger The NEW Captain America Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OptimusPrime114

Sidekick
Reaction score
The old one dead again, now time for a new one!

Last edited:
Watch Cap be announced in like the next 10 minutes. :)

John Krasinski for Captain America! :D

Oh wait... :csad:

its a circus, i hope this week we have the name but i don´t think so, every day a new name appears, its ridiculous.

Chris Evans for Captain America! MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE MARVEL! YOU'VE DONE GREAT SO FAR!

Maybe you can add a poll optimus, with all the names that have been attached as opposed to just fan picks?

didn't Tatum beat out Evans for GI Joe?

Imagine how Evans would feel if it happened again!

not saying this means Evans is out of the running but he has bee ncast in an indie drama

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/03/17...t-in-backwoods-david-oyelowo-is-mlk-in-selma/
I posted this in the old thread:
Just got in an e-mail from someone involved with the production who says Variety has its story wrong. Turns out filming on PUNCTURE already wrapped. Since it's an indie film, it flew under the radar and news of Evans involvement was just released. Consider Evans still a candidate for CAPTAIN AMERICAN then as this film clearly won't be an issue...
SOURCE

@Kangconquerer

I don't know how. Do I have to start a new thread?

EDIT: Never mind!

Last edited:
Everyone vote for Evans. Let's see if we can do the impossible and get 100% agreement on a SHH poll :up:

Since my last post may be the last one in the old thread, I'll re-post it here:

^Mcpartlin would have been cast if he had acting chops.
Not necessarily. Several weeks ago there was a quote from Johnson saying that he was finding the trickiest part of the casting process to be finding someone who could also be convincing as the weakling outsider. And let's face it, no matter what effects you use on him, NO ONE would buy McPartlin as a weakling; not with that voice, neck, square jaw, shoulders, etc. For all we know, he could've acted the hell out of every other aspect of Cap, but that still would've been a deal-breaker.

One thing I can say about all these current candidates, is that with a little movie magic, I could buy them all as the weakling outsider. That said, I couldn't buy most of them as the commanding leader though, just because I don't think they have the skills or presence to pull it off.

Thank God Evans is still in the race.

Since my last post may be the last one in the old thread, I'll re-post it here:

Not necessarily. Several weeks ago there was a quote from Johnson saying that he was finding the trickiest part of the casting process to be finding someone who could also be convincing as the weakling outsider. And let's face it, no matter what effects you use on him, NO ONE would buy McPartlin as a weakling; not with that voice, neck, square jaw, shoulders, etc. For all we know, he could've acted the hell out of every other aspect of Cap, but that still would've been a deal-breaker.

One thing I can say about all these current candidates, is that with a little movie magic, I could buy them all as the weakling outsider. That said, I couldn't buy most of them as the commanding leader though, just because I don't think they have the skills or presence to pull it off.

Thank God Evans is still in the race.

I guess I could see that as a possible reason for not going with McPartlin, but it would seem rather foolish. Why eliminate a potential good casting because he might not be believable for 5% of the movie? Conversely, why limit the casting to candidates who physically wouldn't be able to pull off a convincing super soldier just so that they would be more believable as a weakling?

I guess I could see that as a possible reason for not going with McPartlin, but it would seem rather foolish. Why eliminate a potential good casting because he might not be believable for 5% of the movie? Conversely, why limit the casting to candidates who physically wouldn't be able to pull off a convincing super soldier just so that they would be more believable as a weakling?
I'm not saying THEY don't think the current candidates are capable of pulling off a super-soldier. Obviously, if that were the case, they wouldn't be considering them (I hope), lol. I'm just saying that I personally don't...which is why I think they're terrible choices to begin with.

Also, we don't know how much of the movie focuses on pre-serum Steve. For all we know, the whole 1st act of the movie could be that (for the record, I hope not, but we don't know). Whatever the case, Johnson made it clear that he does care about that part being convincing, and that IS factoring into his casting decision.

I don't want Evans.

He's Johnny Storm.

torch.gif
torch.gif
torch.gif

I am completely unsure of who I want to play Cap amongst these younger actors. Not much of a resume for most and not really what I was hoping for. I will take what I get though and still have hope in the movie even though the last act of Wolfman was terrible and Joe Johnston isn't giving me high hopes from his previous work outside of the Rocketeer.:cap:

I've always felt, especially after The Dark Knight, that Aaron Eckhart was the perfect Cap. Obviously, he's too old now.

The All American Boy? Just look at Eckhart's face, maybe 10 years ago. Hell, he'd still be perfect if there wasn't an age restriction on the part.

I've always felt, especially after The Dark Knight, that Aaron Eckhart was the perfect Cap. Obviously, he's too old now.

The All American Boy? Just look at Eckhart's face, maybe 10 years ago.
Most people feel that way. But like you said, that ship sailed long ago.

They can't make an exception...considering how long it's taking them to cast this thing?

I mean, Ed Norton, RDJ, L Jackson, and Eckhart on the screen together?

You couldn't find a better combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"