First Avenger The Captain America Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Down

A New Kind of Thrill
Reaction score
Due to the closure of the old one, we need a new one.

So, who should play Cap?

I can't think of anybody who makes me scream "YEAH!" like Bale as Batman. Cap is such a tricky subject, and the casting needs to be perfect. Some of the names thrown around (DiCaprio, Damon, Ackles, even Armie Hammer) have their positives, but they also have their negatives.

I honestly haven't seen a single [American] suggestion that truly grabbed me.

I can't think of anybody who makes me scream "YEAH!" like Bale as Batman. Cap is such a tricky subject, and the casting needs to be perfect. Some of the names thrown around (DiCaprio, Damon, Ackles, even Armie Hammer) have their positives, but they also have their negatives.

I honestly haven't seen a single [American] suggestion that truly grabbed me.

Same here. I have seen some "maybes," but there isn't one guy that I think is perfect so far.

Well since we are starting fresh, I'll let my sig tell you my personal choices. There are others that would be great for the role, but Ackles is my top pick. Let's hope Marvel snags him right before he releases a movie that explodes internationally. That would be cool! (Does he have anything in production currently?)
That might be what they are thinking if they are eyeing Channing Tatum (which I hope not) considering G.I. Joe is about to be released.

Last edited:
Out of everybody that's been mentioned, I really honestly think Chris Pine would be the best pick.

I like Eric Dane, but he seems a little older than what Marvel is looking for. Garrett Hedlund seems like a decent choice too.

I can do that.

Who should be in the poll?

This new thread needs something...... hmmm.... what is it?

O yea.... Scott Motha****** Porter :o

fri-scottport.jpg

Pitt
Damon
Leo
Pine
Ackles
Porter
Duhamel
Tatum

I'm think Ackles will destroy the poll this time.

well we got to remember right now they only want american born actors for the role, well at least for first rounds of casting calls. So ya i am not sure who i would like to play cap, but i am sure their is someone out their with the right look, and right talent to play the role. It could easily be someone we dont even know about or someone whos name wasnt thought of.

Well, going off what I said in the last thread before it got closed, I think that McConuaghey sould be on the poll if only that he fits the criteria (blonde, athletic, household name etc) even if he's not that popular.

Well, going off what I said in the last thread before it got closed, I think that McConuaghey sould be on the poll if only that he fits the criteria (blonde, athletic, household name etc) even if he's not that popular.

I agree, he really should be.

He's not a popular fan pick but he would be popular with General Audience for sure.

Last edited:
Pitt
Damon
Leo
Pine
Ackles
Porter
Duhamel
McConaughey
Tatum
Hammer

Is that the list? Anyone want any additions or subtractions?

Ryan Philippe?

Last edited:
Jensen Ackles (I've been saying it for months with my friends, and I had no idea he had become such a big name in the race), or if you want a slightly older Captain America, go with Neal McDonough.

Though Eric Dane is certainly an interesting suggestion that I wouldn't mind.

heh, yeah, I laughed at the RR shout too; very witty Spoons. :D

Of course, even if the suggestion was serious - he is Canadian.

There has not been a WOW choice yet. Of course I know I definitely dont want Jensen Ackles or Scott Porter, they are simply not that good.

Philip Winchester is my favorite choice thus far. Garrett Hudlund's a little rough around the edges but I at least find him passable.

I wish people would stop with the 20-something losers though. I dont think any of the 20-something actors have the talent and/or charisma to perform as an innocently wide-eyed but war-experienced hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"