The New Diamond List for June 1st, 2010

MARVEL COMICS

THOR AND WARRIORS FOUR #3 (OF 4) $2.99 - my shop didn't get any of the second issue, annoyingly, so I'll probably just wait for the collection.

Wow, that leaves me with absolutely nothing.

MARVEL COMICS

AVENGERS ORIGIN #3
AVENGERS PRIME #1
AVENGERS SPOTLIGHT #1
CAPTAIN AMERICA BLACK PANTHER FLAGS OF FATHERS #3
DARKSTAR AND WINTER GUARD #1
ELECTRIC ANT #3
FRANKEN-CASTLE #17
HAWKEYE & MOCKINGBIRD #1
HERALDS #1
HERCULES TWILIGHT OF A GOD #1
ORSON SCOTT CARDS ENDER IN EXILE #1
PUNISHER FRANKEN-CASTLE BIRTH OF MONSTER #1
SKY DOLL SPACE SHIP #1
SPECTACULAR SPIDER-GIRL #2
STAND HARDCASES #1
STEPHEN KINGS N #4
THANOS IMPERATIVE #1
THOR AND WARRIORS FOUR #3
TORCH #8
VENGEANCE OF MOON KNIGHT #9
X-MEN FOREVER GIANT-SIZE #1

Not a bad week. :)

Yeah, I'm not what you would call a "believer", so I try to find the closest thing to a god there is.

HA. I'm with you, man. When people ask if I'm telling the truth, I usually answer with, "I swear to Yoda."

Adventure comics #12 $3.99
brightest day #3 $2.99

hercules twilight of a god #1 (of 4) $3.99
thanos imperative #1 (of 6) $3.99

So does Invincible ever come out on the day it's supposed to? it feels like it's late every month now

FYI, comics in North America come out tomorrow, on the 3rd. Technically, June 1st would have been a Tuesday, anyway. I imagine those who live where Memorial Day is not celebrated probably got them today.

INVINCIBLE #72 is supposed to be coming out today. The best way to check isn't even via Image's website or even Diamond, but Midtown comics (at www.midtowncomics.com ). They're a big chain shop in Manhattan that orders EVERYTHING that comes out in a given week. If their website claims something will be out, it's out. And it confirms INVINCIBLE #72.

As for the schedule of that book, until 2009, it didn't always come out every month either; most years one was lucky if they got in 10 issues. It didn't help that Ryan Ottley, the lead penciler, also was tasked to help draw the first five issues of HAUNT (including covers), so for almost half a year, Ottley was essentially drawing two books at once. The only artist in recent memory who has pulled that off without delay was John Romita Jr. (an artist who, alongside Mark Bagley, suddenly is under siege for various things, such as "he draws everyone the same" - thus fans proving Joe Q right every time he defends a late comic with, "fans don't care about it being on time, they want top notch art", which is sad). On top of that, the INVINCIBLE RETURNS special also had 10 pages from Cory Walker, who often has struggled with deadlines as is (hence why he couldn't draw the title regularly after the first 7-8 issues). So, between those things, the fact that INVINCIBLE is less than 2 months behind schedule isn't so bad.

And, unlike Marvel, when an Image book runs late, they usually don't reward the fan by charging $4 for it. Thank you, Heinberg YOUNG AVENGERS, Marvel. :o

The only artist in recent memory who has pulled that off without delay was John Romita Jr. (an artist who, alongside Mark Bagley, suddenly is under siege for various things, such as "he draws everyone the same" - thus fans proving Joe Q right every time he defends a late comic with, "fans don't care about it being on time, they want top notch art", which is sad).

Is it really that hard to have good artists be on time? I mean, seriously? But on the other hand, under Joey Q's law, Why do they have to be on time? Is there any incentive to be on time? Nope. Are there any penalties for being late? Is there any pay deduction or less work coming their way if they are late? Any kind of negative ...anything? Nope.

This week really makes me upset with Marvel. I don't mind paying 3.99 for a comic...but, when 19 out of the 24 comics they are putting out are $3.99 or higher, it borders on maddening. It really peeves me that I support Marvel by purchasing everything they put out; and, they have no consideration for my wallet.

EDIT: Well, I felt so upset, I finally broke down and emailed Marvel Comics. It won't do much; but, if my voice is coupled with some others that might have come in, who knows if someone will come to their senses eventually.

Last edited:
FYI, comics in North America come out tomorrow, on the 3rd. Technically, June 1st would have been a Tuesday, anyway. I imagine those who live where Memorial Day is not celebrated probably got them today.

INVINCIBLE #72 is supposed to be coming out today. The best way to check isn't even via Image's website or even Diamond, but Midtown comics (at www.midtowncomics.com ). They're a big chain shop in Manhattan that orders EVERYTHING that comes out in a given week. If their website claims something will be out, it's out. And it confirms INVINCIBLE #72.

As for the schedule of that book, until 2009, it didn't always come out every month either; most years one was lucky if they got in 10 issues. It didn't help that Ryan Ottley, the lead penciler, also was tasked to help draw the first five issues of HAUNT (including covers), so for almost half a year, Ottley was essentially drawing two books at once. The only artist in recent memory who has pulled that off without delay was John Romita Jr. (an artist who, alongside Mark Bagley, suddenly is under siege for various things, such as "he draws everyone the same" - thus fans proving Joe Q right every time he defends a late comic with, "fans don't care about it being on time, they want top notch art", which is sad). On top of that, the INVINCIBLE RETURNS special also had 10 pages from Cory Walker, who often has struggled with deadlines as is (hence why he couldn't draw the title regularly after the first 7-8 issues). So, between those things, the fact that INVINCIBLE is less than 2 months behind schedule isn't so bad.

And, unlike Marvel, when an Image book runs late, they usually don't reward the fan by charging $4 for it. Thank you, Heinberg YOUNG AVENGERS, Marvel. :o

Yeah I look at my release dates through comixology cause my pull list for my comic shop is through there, but whenever books get off schedule it takes a while for the site to update, but in short neither of the 2 books that were in my pull list for this week are on time so I get a pass this week. A few months ago I was planning on dropping invincible and going into trades just due to the lateness and i did drop it, but decided to jump back on after a month and didn't even miss an issue because it was it's always late. I guess I can deal with the constant lateness cause it's always good.

This week really makes me upset with Marvel. I don't mind paying 3.99 for a comic...but, when 19 out of the 24 comics they are putting out are $3.99 or higher, it borders on maddening. It really peeves me that I support Marvel by purchasing everything they put out; and, they have no consideration for my wallet.

EDIT: Well, I felt so upset, I finally broke down and emailed Marvel Comics. It won't do much; but, if my voice is coupled with some others that might have come in, who knows if someone will come to their senses eventually.

I've been frustrated for a while now and have been considering writing them, but knew it wouldn't do anything. But since you did, I went ahead and sent them an e-mail myself. I know it won't do anything, but it felt good to respectfully vent at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"