The NEW Justice League Casting and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not. Cavill makes his debut as Superman in 2013. By 2020, he'll be 37. Still young enough.

As long as they keep the actors around the age range of Henry, it should be no problem.

I can just speculate on Cavill.

He's not a great actor but he's not a bad actor either. He apparently has a small but very devoted following of female fans. He is charming to no end.

With all that, he is still unlikely to hit it big. Few do.

Still, Cavill has a chance at the brass rail and one thing I've gleaned from his interiews - this guy is well-educated, sharp as a tack and focused. Presumably looking out for his career first.

No one knows if Cavill is even optioned beyond MOS. He isn't saying though that may be due to legal issues around the lawsuit and what can be said.

However, Superman aside, that Cavill would tie himself to JL films down the road a bit seems unlikely. They would/could wreck havoc with his career - if it ever takes off.

JMHO, but I do not expect to see Cavill in a JL film.

Last edited:
You're off the mark I'd say.

Cavill has been trying to get Superman for ages. He mentioned this at comic-con. There's really nothing to indicate that he'd back down from the role in an ensemble picture.

Superman wouldn't really mess up his career. If anything, like Jackman, it could very well enhance it.

Cavill was already known in Hollywood casting circles before MoS, with Immortals, that Woody Allen film etc.. He's more experienced in H-Wood than any prior actor who doned the cape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"