The NEW Justice League Casting and Discussion Thread - Part 1

jla1var.jpg

There are like 30 different JL threads all about different things so I wanted to bring them all together so for organization's sake
We can talk about realistic* casting ideas, director choices, the plot, and more

* I said realistic because it is highly unlikely that we would get Bale in a JL film:csad:. Sad but true ( CLICK )

This thread is all for fun

This is my cast (after Batman 3 assuming that Nolan just does a trilogy)

Superman/Clark Kent= Brandon Routh
untitled-7.jpg

Batman/Bruce Wayne= Henry Cavill
untitled-8-1.jpg

Wonder Woman/ Diana Prince= Cobie Smulders
untitled5-1.jpg

The Flash/Wally West= Scott Porter
untitled-2.jpg

Green Lantern/ Hal Jordan= Josh Hartnett
untitled-1.jpg

Aquaman/Orin/Arthur Joseph Curry= Phillip Winchester
untitled2.jpg

Martian Manhunter/John J'onzz= Jon Hamm
untitled.jpg

I don't see much of a purpose to recasting the roles for a team movie.

he might not have signed a contract that includes JLA

All that means is he isn't obligated to do it if he doesn't want to, but he can if he accepts an offer. How many X-Men movies is Hugh Jackman literally contracted to appear in. If its anything like Chris Evans' contract, which he said is for 6(?) movies as Cap whether they be an Avenger, Cap solo, or a guest spot in a Thor/Iron man sequel, than Jackman's actual contract may already be up.

he might not have signed a contract that includes JLA

He's very coy about this and whether he's signed on for anything beyond the one film. Given the overall situation that would be a wise move on his part IMO.

Last edited:
my exact words above

i think it would be wiser to go with different actors, they could just say its earth 2 or something

that way instead of blowing your budget on one or two actors paycheck you can put it into costumes, sets, and effects

with every passing episode of Grimm I see more and more superman in David guintoli

that way instead of blowing your budget on one or two actors paycheck you can put it into costumes, sets, and effects
And if it ever makes it to sequels, they're right back to that "predicament".

i would have preferred
Armie hammer As bats
armie-hammer.jpg

Jason Momoa as supes

tumblr_lxkak7DTfK1r444jwo1_400.jpg

Hilary rhoda as Wonder Woman
IMG_3062.jpg

( she's 5-11, a model with no acting experience, but she has mentioned acting as a dream specifically,
i think she looks the part. who knows, maybe she's a natural.

Alexander Skarsgard as Aquaman

Skarsg%C3%A5rd-green-shirt.jpg

Henry Simmons as martian Manhunter

henry-simmons.jpg

ryan reynolds as green lantern
ryan_reynolds_new.jpg

I'd give him another shot cause i don't think he was terrible in it. i thought the story was ****.

and I'd go with ryan gosling as the flash

ryan-gosling-300.jpg

with every passing episode of Grimm I see more and more superman in David guintoli

But aren't those actors part of the draw to see them team up. If Marvel had recast all the roles for the Avengers it would definitely be less of a draw, and they have had plenty of criticism for dropping Edward Norton.

When it comes to how much budget a particular movie needs or wants, the prospective gross certainly comes into play and the studios are working on antiquated ideas of what makes money, name values being the strongest of them all.

ITA about Guintoli. He would have been awesome in MOS. MOS was so rushed to get going they couldn't do a full-on search for a lead actor. I think that will turn out to hurt the film.

These choices are so bad, they hurt my eyes.

Guintoli isn't Superman material at all. His voice and delivery is all wrong. I've seen him in enough Canadian shows.

Not to mention he's short, around 5'9-5'10.

VXwLKKr8tm7aohHg5MMZazl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVaiQDB_Rd1H6kmuBWtceBJ

I really hope the success of The Avengers pushes WB to invest in a JL film, because I would love to be able to sit at home and watch The Avengers and a JL film in the near future.

:thor: :supes: :cap: :batman: :im:: :hal: :bh: :ww:

Last edited:
I really hope the success of The Avengers pushes WB to invest in a JL film, because I would love to be able to sit at home and watch The Avengers and a JL film in the near future.

:thor: :supes: :cap: :batman: :im:: :hal: :bh: :ww:

Now I want to see Wonder Woman fight Hulk...

^Which would be, in a word, awesome.

But aren't those actors part of the draw to see them team up. If Marvel had recast all the roles for the Avengers it would definitely be less of a draw, and they have had plenty of criticism for dropping Edward Norton.

When it comes to how much budget a particular movie needs or wants, the prospective gross certainly comes into play and the studios are working on antiquated ideas of what makes money, name values being the strongest of them all.

JL will cost 250 million plus. WB will go with known actors as suggested in the casting threads. I don't see them using complete unknowns on a film this expensive.

The ideal would have been to have Batman/Bale anchor JL.

That isn't happening.

However, the strategy to have Batman and the new Batman actor anchor JL still makes total sense.

IMO WB will put out a new Batman film first and then do JL. Whomever the actor is that WB casts is going to be required under contract to appear in a JL film or films as well as Batman.

Meh I'd rather see a Ms. Marvel vs Wonder Woman fight, I've always wanted to see those to go head to head.

How about Huntress and Black Canary vs. Black Widow and Mockingbird? Oh yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"