The NEW Justice League Casting and Discussion Thread - Part 1

I would want the league to start of with single digit numbers

maybe 7 heroes the most

I would want the league to start of with single digit numbers

maybe 7 heroes the most

Yep, the seven core JL members are the roster I would like to see in this film.

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Hal), The Flash (Barry), Martian Manhunter, and Aquaman.

they could bring more on in the sequel but i would keep most of the screen time with the big 7

in all honesty i would make the flash the real star of the jl movie and just shut down his independent movie

yes it would be a JL movie but in spirit it would be a THE FLASH movie

^ That'd be a not very smart decision to say the least.

Because what's the point of doing Justice League if you're going to have the Flash hog the spotlight? Give him a solo-movie, then.

Yeah I don't think any single character should be given the spotlight, I think they should all receive similar amounts of screen time in the film.

i just don't want them giving batman and superman all the screen time which is most likely

lets give another hero a chance and the movie wouldn't be all flash just make him the central protagonist

I agree with BigThor. It's obvious Superman, Batman and Wonder-Woman would be the central characters, much like Captain America, Iron Man and Thor are the pivotal characters of The Avengers, but they should all be given an equal amount of screentime and importance in the team. You've got Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter or Cyborg. Those guys you don't mess with.

Superman, Batman and Wonder-Woman are the DC Trinity. They're always going to draw the most attention. They're everyone favorites.

It all comes down to the villain, really. The Justice League is much more powerful than other teams. They need great villains to create a sense of danger.

He'd need a herald like in Batman: The Brave and the Bold, though.

it just be cool to see them redo this cover

Starro_2.jpg

Like it or not JL will focus around Batman. He is he leader of the JL and WB/DCs most popular and well-known character.

Putting 7 characters in the film is too much IMO.

Five at the most allows time to develop the characters not seen on screen before. Which is part of the purpose of JL to launch solo franchises.

I'd give Superman a cameo role in JL to allow time to explore the other characters. Otherwise, as someone said above, the tendecny would be to have them take up too much screentime.

I agree with BigThor. It's obvious Superman, Batman and Wonder-Woman would be the central characters, much like Captain America, Iron Man and Thor are the pivotal characters of The Avengers, but they should all be given an equal amount of screentime and importance in the team. You've got Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter or Cyborg. Those guys you don't mess with.

Superman, Batman and Wonder-Woman are the DC Trinity. They're always going to draw the most attention. They're everyone favorites.

It all comes down to the villain, really. The Justice League is much more powerful than other teams. They need great villains to create a sense of danger.

Exactly and The Justice League's original line up is certainly alot more powerful than the roster in The Avengers film although they aren't using their original line up.

I think this film would benefit from taking a different approach than the "huge invasion" type threat presented in TA, I could see them pulling off a team vs team film with the Legion of Doom being the villains.

^ I agree, because The Avengers already used the "alien invasion" route. I'd say the best options would be Darkseid (He's an invader, but very different than the others, as he can defeat the entire Justice League single-handely); Checkmate or other government groups; or maybe Starro (Also a different type of alien invader), maybe with Despero as his herald.

The Legion of Doom would be great, but I think it'd be too many characters for one movie.

Oh, and Superman is the leader of the JL, Tobias, not Batman.

I really think they should do a Trinity or World's Finest movie first, to at least set up that partnership. Then, at the end of that movie, have them say something about branching out, so that way you can jump in to JL more with less set up in that film.

HENRY CAVILL as SUPERMAN

22624109.png

JOSH BROLIN as BATMAN

brolin.png

LYNN COLLINS as WONDER WOMAN

62235846.png

ANTHONY MACKIE as GREEN LANTERN

79892693.png

AARON PAUL as THE FLASH

49196579.png

CHIWETEL EJIOFOR as MARTIAN MANHUNTER

506x316chiwetellh9.jpg

NIKOLAJ COSTER-WALDAU as AQUAMAN

sfdfdssfd.png

JOEL EDGERTON as GREEN ARROW

73189710.png

DIANE KRUGER as BLACK CANARY

99249916.png

I still think the guy the plays brolyes on fringe would be a awesome Martian manhuter

5b71405ec36d95489fea427e83b1918e.jpg

^ I agree, because The Avengers already used the "alien invasion" route. I'd say the best options would be Darkseid (He's an invader, but very different than the others, as he can defeat the entire Justice League single-handely); Checkmate or other government groups; or maybe Starro (Also a different type of alien invader), maybe with Despero as his herald.

The Legion of Doom would be great, but I think it'd be too many characters for one movie.

Yeah Legion of Doom my add too many characters but who's to say the movie won't be long enough to handle it, oh and what do you think about Amazon being the villain in the first film.

Darkseid would be a great villain for a Justice League film but I think he should be in one of the sequels since he's one of their ultimate villains.

Despero

Green Lantern should not be in the Justice League.

I have to say, I'd prefer a Justice League movie that starts somewhat small. Perhaps just with Batman, Superman and the Flash (or another Earthly hero) teaming up to face a threat on Earth. Throw in lesser DC heroes / heroines. Then using such a set up as a launching point.

You really don't need a whole lot of characters. The first X-Men movie only had six, then through in some cameos and references. X2 added Nightcrawler and a Colossus cameo. If anything, even with a relatively small roster, the only flaw in the first two movies were lack of development for a few characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"