The NEW Justice League Casting and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, does no one care about acting when it comes to Wonder Woman?!?!

what about Kate beckensale for wonder woman or mila kunis

and seann william scott for flash
seann-william-scott-treatment.jpg

Last edited:
Seriously, does no one care about acting when it comes to Wonder Woman?!?!

It's a comic book site, man. If the "actor" isn't the perfect physical representation of a character and hasn't already played a very, very similar character in something else, not many fanboys will get behind it. There's still a movement to get Billy Zane as Lex Luthor, and to get Marc Strong or Gary Oldman to play... every villain.

For fans of fantasy, fanboys lack imagination.

(Flame away)

salsa shark, nice avie dude

heres a bigger version of you want it

203573X3NF8JMJ.gif

and his great humor

that tennis movie he did was hilarious

I could get behind Seann William Scott as The Flash. I think he's got great charisma and on-screen presence. He can pull off action, and he's super funny. Role Models is one of my favorite recent comedies.

Scott should be getting some of the roles that Bradley Cooper and Ryan Reynolds seem to have the market cornered on.

And, camp Blood, thanks for the avy, but I kind of like my small one, haha. It's not the size that matters.

Like I've stated numerous times on the Wonder Woman thread, Charlotte Sullivan is the perfect Diana. She's experienced, young, tall and athletic.

Charlotte+Sullivan+Premiere+ReelzChannel+Kennedys+Zl5CJPTfSZSl.jpg

13877.jpg

charlotte-sullivan-kennedys-premiere-beverly-hills-30-480x679.jpg

Charlotte definitely has the look down. I think she's a decent actress, too.

It's a comic book site, man. If the "actor" isn't the perfect physical representation of a character and hasn't already played a very, very similar character in something else, not many fanboys will get behind it. There's still a movement to get Billy Zane as Lex Luthor, and to get Marc Strong or Gary Oldman to play... every villain.

For fans of fantasy, fanboys lack imagination.

(Flame away)
You're so right. Its sad though. The male characters always get some good actors suggested but the females, not so much.

Like I've stated numerous times on the Wonder Woman thread, Charlotte Sullivan is the perfect Diana. She's experienced, young, tall and athletic.

Charlotte+Sullivan+Premiere+ReelzChannel+Kennedys+Zl5CJPTfSZSl.jpg

13877.jpg

charlotte-sullivan-kennedys-premiere-beverly-hills-30-480x679.jpg
I can get behind this choice. I must admit, I havent seen a whole lot of her work, but from what I have, I liked her. Any suggestions of movies to watch with her?

Right now, Im still in favor of Emily Blunt, but shes also not my ''perfect'' choice.

She hasn't really done alot of films lately but you should check her out in the tv show Rookie Blue and The Kennedys mini-series.

She was nominated for 2012's Best Supporting Actress in Edwin Boyd. It's a Canadian film, and I've heard nothing but good things about the movie.

h5rfqvdh8nblqfdh.jpg

I think the guy that plays agent broyels would make a good Martian manhunter

I would go as far as to say he's perfect I can already see him GL style CGIed

Last edited:
After the inevitable success of Avengers, if Warner Bros fasttracked a JLA film.

I'd go with a young cast that could do multiple films, inspired by the new 52:

Superman - Henry Cavill

First-Image-of-Henry-Cavill-as-Superman-in-Man-of-Steel.jpg

Batman - Wes Bentley

Wes_Bentley.jpg

Wonder Woman - Hayley Atwell

hayleyb.jpg

Green Lantern - Mike Vogel

pan-am-27.jpg

Flash - Scott Porter

scott_porter_335_fharrison_98898038_pix.jpg

Aquaman - Joel Kinnaman

Joel+Kinnaman+Cinema+Society+Alice+Olivia+E0oj5F77b-2l.jpg

Cyborg - Nate Parker

Nate%20Parker.jpg

i think misha collins would be a decent batman, he really has quite the voice and is pretty good on supernatural

cas.jpg

and oddly enough i also think jared padalecki would be good as GL maybe as kyle rayner

Jared-Padalecki-jared-padalecki-27886166-500-600.jpg

Last edited:
After the inevitable success of Avengers, if Warner Bros fasttracked a JLA film.

I'd go with a young cast that could do multiple films, inspired by the new 52:

Superman - Henry Cavill

First-Image-of-Henry-Cavill-as-Superman-in-Man-of-Steel.jpg

Batman - Wes Bentley

Wes_Bentley.jpg

Wonder Woman - Hayley Atwell

hayleyb.jpg

Green Lantern - Mike Vogel

pan-am-27.jpg

Flash - Scott Porter

scott_porter_335_fharrison_98898038_pix.jpg

Aquaman - Joel Kinnaman

Joel+Kinnaman+Cinema+Society+Alice+Olivia+E0oj5F77b-2l.jpg

Cyborg - Nate Parker

Nate%20Parker.jpg

I'd go with a young cast too - assuming WB would do 3 JL films.

Problem with many of the above is that they are pushing 30.

JL is likely 6, 7 or 8 years off so these actors will be too old by then.

WB's strategy based on what one reads in the trades and can glean from movie sites is number one to re-launch Batman. Number two to find a mega successful superhero franchise to join Bats. Whether it be Flash or WW or GL.

Until that happens I don't see any move on JL.

When they finally move on JL the actors will likely be on ones who are not even on the radar today. Guys (and a gal or two) in their late teens right now.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. Tell that to Sam Jackson, RDJ, Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo in the Avengers cast.

All in their 40s. SLJ in his 60s.

This cast is if Warner Brothers fasttracked the JLA film in the near future, with Cavill as Superman and the reboot Batman.

It seems like the best option. It's better than recasting those roles with actors in their teens presently.

They should start building towards JLA with "Man of Steel" and the next Batman. MoS can easily be the start of the DC filmverse.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. Tell that to Sam Jackson, RDJ, Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo in the Avengers cast.

All in their 40s. SLJ in his 60s.

This cast is if Warner Brothers fasttracked the JLA film in the near future, with Cavill as Superman and the reboot Batman.

It seems like the best option. It's better than recasting those roles with actors in their teens presently.

They should start building towards JLA with "Man of Steel" and the next Batman. MoS can easily be the start of the DC filmverse.

I am saying teens today because I don't think JL will happen for a leat 8 years and probably even longer than that. I assume at that point (2020 and beyond) WB will go with a youngish under 30s cast.

If WB were to fast-track the film that is different. The chances of that happening are however slim to none.

IMO if JL occurs in 2020 or later I think it will be a whole new set of actors - in their late teens now but in their late 20's then.

Probably not. Cavill makes his debut as Superman in 2013. By 2020, he'll be 37. Still young enough.

As long as they keep the actors around the age range of Henry, it should be no problem.

Though, IF they want to capitalize on the success of the Avengers, waiting as long as 2020 would be pointless.

IMO Justice League will be the NEXT project after Man of Steel and the Batman reboot.

Wonder Woman and Flash are too far dead in development hell, and the failure of Green Lantern made it much worse. Warners won't greenlight those films.

Probably not. Cavill makes his debut as Superman in 2013. By 2020, he'll be 37. Still young enough.

As long as they keep the actors around the age range of Henry, it should be no problem.

Though, IF they want to capitalize on the success of the Avengers, waiting as long as 2020 would be pointless.

IMO Justice League will be the NEXT project after Man of Steel and the Batman reboot.

Wonder Woman and Flash are too far dead in development hell, and the failure of Green Lantern made it much worse. Warners won't greenlight those films.

I dunno. I kinda think the more successful The Avengers is the more WB will be put off from making JL. For fear of it bombing in comparion. The cost of JL would be huge - way north of 200 million if they are going to do it right. Big, big risk.

I think that WB wants to find another solid solo franchise besides Batman first.

Will it be Flash, WW or a re-bboted GL? Who knows. I think the process of WB striking gold with another DC franchise will take a lot of time. Years. Once they find that successful franchise then I think they will move on JL.

IMO it will be a decade before WB does JL. That's how long I think it will take them to find their next solo Batman-like franchise.

I dunno. I kinda think the more successful The Avengers is the more WB will be put off from making JL. For fear of it bombing in comparion. The cost of JL would be huge - way north of 200 million if they are going to do it right. Big, big risk.

I think that WB wants to find another solid solo franchise besides Batman first.

Will it be Flash, WW or a re-bboted GL? Who knows. I think the process of WB striking gold with another DC franchise will take a lot of time. Years. Once they find that successful franchise then I think they will move on JL.

IMO it will be a decade before WB does JL. That's how long I think it will take them to find their next solo Batman-like franchise.

The success of Avengers won't scare them off.

The only reason they attempted GL was the success of Iron Man. Notice how they tried to pattern GL after Iron Man (and failed).

Warner Bros has a habit of doing that. If they see a successful formula, they'll try to emulate it for the sake of gaining financial returns. It's greed. Most studios would actually. Heck, this trend of gritty reboots is all thanks to Batman Begins.

Justice League is WB's only option right now. Seriously.

Wonder Woman is so dead in development hell (and the studio has no faith in a female lead superhero flick) that it was forced into the TV division with that awful NBC pilot; showcasing how the studio doesn't get the character at all.

Flash had the production team of Green Lantern tied to it, Johns writing and Berlanti as director... After Green Lantern's fail, Flash is basically sunk too.

And there's really no reason for them to bother rebooting Green Lantern in the near future. They tried GL. It cost them heavily. They lost major coin. The execs at Warners won't approve of another GL film. They only see the $.

The only untapped option left to launch the non-Batman/Superman properties is Justice League, and audiences will have a thirst for a film like that after Avengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"