The NEW Justice League Casting and Discussion Thread - Part 1

ЯɘvlveR;22775029 said:
i just want to know why some don't dig my man crush armie as supes. he reminds me of the classic Fleischer supes.

I'd have been cool with him as Superman, but he's my favorite for Aquaman.

This potential cast is generally too old.

JL won't see the light of day until the late teens or maybe 2020. By then they will mostly be pushing 40. Assuming a 3 film run over 10 yeas they'd be pushing 50 by the time it was done.

Won't work.

And Cavill?! Please - we can't come up with a better choice for Supes than?!

The JL cast will need to be late 20's generally when JL premiers which leaves all of these folks out.

JL will be cast, IMO, by a set of actors not even on the radar today.

The cast isn't far removed from the ages of the Marvel Avengers cast.

Cavill is Superman, whether you like it or not. They aren't going to recast a third Superman now.

You're pulling assumptions from your ass about 2020. All the actors (save for MM) are around Cavill's age (and he's 28), and there are plenty of actors continuing to play superheroes into their 40s today (Jackman, RDJ, Jeremy Renner, Sam Jackson, Ruffalo etc).

JL will either happen in the short term, to ride off Avenger's success... or never at all.

There's no logic in waiting almost 10 years to launch it, especially after their plan to build to JL with solo films (Green Lantern) failed miserably.

JL coming together really depends on how successful Avengers is this summer.

Much farther than his 40s for Sam Jackson, he's 64! :wow:

Ha. Indeed.

The only factor pushing for Justice League ever coming together right now at DC/WB is Marvel Studios' Avengers.

The potential success of Avengers could prompt Warners to develop JL, just as Iron Man was directly responsible for them developing Green Lantern.

Aside from Avengers, there is unfortunately nothing else pushing them to develop JL. All the non-Batman/Superman DC superhero properties are dead in the water on film, thanks to Green Lantern.

if Tara Reid hadn't hit skid row going Mach 1 she would have made a decent power girl

My personal cast:

Superman- Henry Cavill

Batman- Christian Bale (nigh impossible), Michael Fassbender (not likely), Luke Evans

Wonder Woman- Bridget Regan

Aquaman- Daniel Craig

Martian Manhunter- Djimon Honsou

Flash (Barry Allen)- Jake Gyllenhaal

Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds (not likely), Chris Pine.

These are of course, just my opinion.

Pine isnt likely either. He's Captain Kirk.

Hal Jordan is going to be the toughest to cast. All the best names have aged out or are taken with other franchises.

i think jared padalecki would make a good GL maybe kyle rayner

cw-supernatural-prt-JPadalecki-a_000692-c0b7f0-325x434.jpg

He's like 6'5. He'd tower over Superman and the rest.

And we can't really jump to Kyle Rayner without properly doing Hal Jordan first.

He'd be better as Hawkman!

That's actually not a bad call.

I updated my cast. Added Josh Jackson as Hal Jordan. He has the right type of personality and attitude for Hal.

Replaced Wonder Woman.

Henry Cavill as Superman

First-Image-of-Henry-Cavill-as-Superman-in-Man-of-Steel.jpg

Wes Bentley as Batman

Wes_Bentley.jpg

Hayley Atwell as Wonder Woman

hayleyb.jpg

Joshua Jackson as Green Lantern

Joshua-Jackson..jpg

Scott Porter as Flash

scott_porter_335_fharrison_98898038_pix.jpg

Liam McIntyre as Aquaman