The NEW Justice League Casting and Discussion Thread - Part 1

With Darkseid as the central villain,I'd have the first movie feature Superman,Batman,Wonder Woman,the Flash(Barry Allen) and Green Lantern(Hal Jordan). Maybe cameos with both Aquaman and the Martain Manhunter seperately checking the team out to see if they can be trusted. Both are seen fighting off hordes of Parademons but officially join the team in the sequel.

i wouldn't use darkseid as the first villian

what about brainiac

Brainiac is one of Superman's enemies.

He could be used, after all, Loki is the villain of The Avengers, but I think he'd have to be introduced in a Superman movie. Or not.

i just think darkseid is a big time villian that should be introduced later

We have a few options.

Starro, Despero, Amazo, White Martians, Checkmate, The Crime Syndicate, etc.

If Aquaman is involved, how about Charlie Hunnam playing him?

i wouldn't use darkseid as the first villian

what about brainiac
Hopefully,Brainiac will be the villain for Man of Steel 2. I'd most like for Darkseid to be introduced in the third new Superman movie as a lead up to a JLA movie. I really wanna see Amazo but he might best work in a sequel.

5'11, which is good when we have a Superman just over 6 feet.

Okay I was thinking about this last night, and do you guys really think that making a justice league movie with the intent to spin off into franchises is the best idea?

You

1. will be picking from a smaller and likely less talented pool of actors for your cast. you aren't going to see someone like christian bale playing batman in a justice league movie. You're gonna get a bunch of young people and possibly even a top model like they had cast for wonder woman in justice league mortal. Both because of having to share the spotlight with others and sheer cost of talent.

2. You will then be forced to go with that actor in the spinoff. Let's say a director pitches this great vision for a flash movie to WB, but then they tell him, 'you know what, you're the right guy for the job, but we need you to use this actor and stay consistent with the tone of the JL movie instead of doing your own thing.' What if JL mortal had come before nolan's batman? WB would likely have told him to use armie hammer and go with a more fantastical tone. This isn't the way you get the critical success and respect these movies deserve. Creators need to rule each different hero with their own vision, and when a new creator steps on, let them do their own thing.

3. From all the complaining about editorial mandates in comics that screw up great stories, do we really want a DCU ruled by studio mandates? A studio unlike DC editorial that doesn't actually give a hoot about the characters and stories beyond turning a buck? This is a problem with comics that people somehow seem eager to embrace in another medium.

4. This project would be much, much more difficult to pull of successfully than any individual superhero movie would--even wonder woman. And if it fails? You are f***ing all of these characters.

Not every superhero movie has to be WB's summer tentpole film. Why not give us booster gold on a budget with a creator that cares? Or a green arrow movie? Throw some creativity at these properties, not just money like with green lantern.

Superhero movie take too much money NOT to aim to be tentpoles.

You think booster gold or deadman could support a tentpole?

The idea is less money, less risk, still quality. You shouldn't be able to tell it's a budget movie.

Some movies can scale down in budget, though, and some can't while staying within concept.

And problems like that are, yes, why I say they can't do JLA without having already prepped it with movies for at least the Big Three.

I just want the JLA movie to not be afraid of using bold colors and costumes

Updated my JLA Cast, went with the classic lineup.

Superman - Henry Cavill (born 1983). 6'1.

First-Image-of-Henry-Cavill-as-Superman-in-Man-of-Steel.jpg

Batman - Wes Bentley (born 1978). 5'11.

Wes_Bentley.jpg

Wonder Woman - Jaimie Alexander (born 1984). 5'9.

Jaimie-Alexander-@-Thor-Premiere-in-LA-MAY-2-2011-1-212x300.jpg

Flash - Scott Porter (born 1979). 5'11.

scott_porter_335_fharrison_98898038_pix.jpg

Aquaman - Liam McIntyre (born 1982). 6'2.

Liam-McIntyre-32.jpg

Green Lantern - Lucas Bryant (born 1978). 6'2.

Haven_promo_lucas2.jpg

Martian Manhunter - Kevin Durand. (born 1974). 6'6.

STARS_Kevin_Durand_Looking_Up_Jason_213-280-0834.jpg

Congratulations on the whitest Justice League possible!

That would be the original lineup.

They can pull a 'Green Lantern' and add Amanda Waller to the mix for some cast diversity.

I just need to see them redo Hal Jordan properly, before moving on to John Stewart in sequels.

They can't start off with JS, as audiences would think the Campbell film is in canon.

Updated my JLA Cast, went with the classic lineup.

Superman - Henry Cavill (born 1983). 6'1.

First-Image-of-Henry-Cavill-as-Superman-in-Man-of-Steel.jpg

Batman - Wes Bentley (born 1978). 5'11.

Wes_Bentley.jpg

Wonder Woman - Jaimie Alexander (born 1984). 5'9.

Jaimie-Alexander-@-Thor-Premiere-in-LA-MAY-2-2011-1-212x300.jpg

Flash - Scott Porter (born 1979). 5'11.

scott_porter_335_fharrison_98898038_pix.jpg

Aquaman - Liam McIntyre (born 1982). 6'2.

Liam-McIntyre-32.jpg

Green Lantern - Lucas Bryant (born 1978). 6'2.

Haven_promo_lucas2.jpg

Martian Manhunter - Kevin Durand. (born 1974). 6'6.

STARS_Kevin_Durand_Looking_Up_Jason_213-280-0834.jpg

This potential cast is generally too old.

JL won't see the light of day until the late teens or maybe 2020. By then they will mostly be pushing 40. Assuming a 3 film run over 10 yeas they'd be pushing 50 by the time it was done.

Won't work.

And Cavill?! Please - we can't come up with a better choice for Supes than?!

The JL cast will need to be late 20's generally when JL premiers which leaves all of these folks out.

JL will be cast, IMO, by a set of actors not even on the radar today.

yep. and hasn't snyder mentioned that any JL film will have nothing to do with nolan's bats, or his supes?

i just want to know why some don't dig my man crush armie as supes. he reminds me of the classic Fleischer supes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"