The NEW OFFICIAL Green Arrow Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering he had to have time to appear at various points in 52, train, then come back and put together a mayoral campaign, More than three months just doesn't fit.

maybe. who knows?

Yeah, it's not that big a deal. So what if stuff doesn't match up? Does it really take away from the story is the question. I'd have to say, no. So why give a f**k?

Yeah, it's not that big a deal. So what if stuff doesn't match up? Does it really take away from the story is the question. I'd have to say, no. So why give a f**k?

no argument here. ollie's even more of a badass now. good enough for me.

Except for the fact that he seems to get his ass royally beaten by every one he meets. Jason Todd? Beat him. Drakon? Merlyn? Deathstroke? Still pwning him up and down the street.

I love the fact that he went off and trained himself into a badass, but Winick himself doesn't seem to remember that he wrote it. All that training and we've seen it overtly pay off OYL maybe...twice.

He can be a badass and still lose to people he probably should lose too. If anything, it shows how three months worth of hard training can only do so much. He's better than he used to be, which is saying something. And I don't recall him getting his ass royally beaten by Merlyn that last time.

Jason Todd ran off in the middel of the fight..
Merlyn won by blowing up the city and just pusing him over in a state of shock
Drakon is supposed to be a baaaad ass.... and he has HIV now
Deathstroke is supposed to be unbeateable.. almost

Jason Todd pulled the mother of all fast ones on him with one of the oldest tricks in the book and then beat his sidekick within an inch of her life.

It's not just fighting skills that Ollie was supposed to be training. It was also planning, preparation, emotional battles, psychological edge, right down to weapons maintenance and herbal medicine. I maintain that we've seen any of this come into play maybe once or twice since his return.

The capability of his enemy should not matter in least. Hell, the capability of his enemy is an excuse. He went to train in order to win his battles. He went to learn how to not lose anymore, and yet that's still all we ever see him do.

Jason Todd pulled the mother of all fast ones on him with one of the oldest tricks in the book and then beat his sidekick within an inch of her life.
dude.. not even close...

he didnt hurt her at ALL! (well.. a little chocking)
Edit: infact.. the only one bleeding there was jason..

And yet he still owned her. Don't tell me you think she won that fight in any way whatsoever or that the only reason she still lived wasn't because Jason was going easy on her.

It was never a fight.. it was a test.. like the Jason-Tim fight in Teen titans.. its a test
and she didnt get hurt..

Yeah, from the punching and kicking and choking. Nope, not hurt at all.

Fyi, Tim was knocked bloody and bruised and unconscious from Jason's "test."

In the future issues (presumably the ongoing him and dinah series coming up), I'd liketo see more of him being zen-like. meditating and whatnot with connor

I wish GA: Year One were about Connor Hawke. I've lost all interest in Ollie.

You forgot the stupid text smiley, that really serves no purpose since we have actual smilies.

Does Ollie really need a history of drug abuse to make him a better character?

I can't tell if I'm interested in this or not.

I'll save you some trouble: you have good taste, so you're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"