The NEW OFFICIAL Green Arrow Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you made it sound like what i like is bad.. and that you hate what i like..
so.. Me liking BOP = you hating BOP
Me hating Winicks Canary = you liking Winicks Canary and so on..

Well, liking Winick's anything at this point is pretty sad. Winick can't seem to write his way out of a paper bag these days.

He can write himself half way through and then get lost trying to get to the end..

you made it sound like what i like is bad.. and that you hate what i like..
so.. Me liking BOP = you hating BOP
Me hating Winicks Canary = you liking Winicks Canary and so on..

No, if you knew anything about reading comprehension what I said was that I like a character that you like way too flamboyantly, in the process it makes me hate that I like said character. We call this the JAL effect. Where people here hate Jessica Alba because of J Alba's Lover obsession.

This is why people fail the FCAT Corp.:csad:

Ohh come on.. i dont even have her in my siganture..
well.. i kinda do .

No, if you knew anything about reading comprehension what I said was that I like a character that you like way too flamboyantly, in the process it makes me hate that I like said character. We call this the JAL effect. Where people here hate Jessica Alba because of J Alba's Lover obsession.

This is why people fail the FCAT Corp.:csad:
It's true. :(

On a somewhat related note, I hate Jessica Alba because she can't act and she should never have been cast as the Invisible Woman. :)
Ohh come on.. i dont even have her in my siganture..
well.. i kinda do .
Yeah, you do, in what would be almost as horrible a casting blunder as Jessica Alba was for the Invisible Woman. :o

Yeah, I absolutely love Kristen Bell, but she is not Dinah.

I haven't seen Kristen Bell in much, but my gut tells me to hate her.

Does anyone else look back at that Birds of Prey TV series and wonder if it might actually have been good if Dinah were an adult rather than a whiny brat?

I think it definatly would have worked. Of course, you know, if it didn't suck that is.

That Dinah wassent even Dinah Dinah..
The real Dinah (with the canary cry and all) was her mother but she had another name (Episode: Sins of the mother)

Dinah's mom was a superheroine who also went by "Black Canary" in the comics, too. :o
I think it definatly would have worked. Of course, you know, if it didn't suck that is.
The whole Huntress-as-Batman's-daughter part kind of sucked, too. Yeah, I guess it was flawed from beginning to end.

I accepted that, seeing as the original character was Bat's daughter. But in the end, it came down to the fact that it was just a bad show.

Black Canary I: Dinah Drake Lance, Detective, no superpowers
Black Canary II: Dinah Laural Lance, Martial artist, Canary Cry
Black Canary III: Olivia Queen... Kingdom Come Baby.. you know its coming! :p

The BOP TV series had BC II in one episode but she had a diffrent first name.

Dinah was named Dinah and was a member of the Oracle's Birds of Prey, ergo she was the show's version of Dinah. Her mother was a superheroine called Black Canary, also like the comics' Dinah. All the show did was give her mother the Canary Cry. They didn't switch characters or anything.
I accepted that, seeing as the original character was Bat's daughter. But in the end, it came down to the fact that it was just a bad show.
The post-Crisis mob ties and moral ambiguity were so much more interesting, though. Look at how great JLU made her building off of those.

Dude, imagine if the BoP TV series had the Question giving frequent cameos...

The Question in pretty much any televised form would be awesome. Warner Bros. really needs to get those TV wheels turning for DC characters in shows that aren't blatant rip-offs of the Smallville formula. :o

Dinah was named Dinah and was a member of the Oracle's Birds of Prey, ergo she was the show's version of Dinah. Her mother was a superheroine called Black Canary, also like the comics' Dinah. All the show did was give her mother the Canary Cry. They didn't switch characters or anything.

Yeah but if you look at it like this

Babs is "older" and Black Canary was alittle blitt older then Babs just like the comics so by that "logic" BOPTV BC was BCII
and "Dinah" was the future BCIII. im almost positive that if the series had continued they would show that ollie was dinahs father..

Whatever. I don't even know why I'm arguing about the possible identity of a character from a long-canceled show who was only very loosely based on the comics. I think she was meant to be Dinah Lance, you think she was meant to be the ******ed Kingdom Come daughter of the ******ed Kingdom Come Ollie and Dinah. Cool.

Dinah in the BOP tv show was Becky from Full House.

Yeah, I know. Half expected Stamos to show up as GA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"