The Next Avengers Line-Up

There's really no way that Black Panther won't be a major part of the new Avenger's lineup given that BP swiftly became the most successful solo mcu movie. The end of BP absolutely sets him up as a key member of the Avengers; he's just vowed to start using wakanda's resources and technology to help the rest of the world. He's not going to be dealing with smaller threats, but when there is a global threat he'll come together with the rest of the Avengers.

I think that is fairly obvious, yes. He will be an Avengers here onward.

I feel like it would be interesting given Thor and T'Challa's new duties making it difficult to really be a team member, they could still be represented on the team. I think having Valkyrie and Shuri makes more sense "In-Universe". So something along the lines of:

Captain Marvel - Team Leader and Tank
Spider-Man - Youthful Optimism, Comic Relief
Shuri - Tech Master (Either with her Panther suit or an adaptation of Ironheart)
Valkyrie - Brash, Irreverent Wildcard
Scarlet Witch - Quiet, Angsty Dangerous
Falcon - Moral Compass
Winter Soldier/White Wolf or Hawkeye/Ronin - "Normal Guy Trying to Make His Way in the Universe"

That's one of the great parts about Marvel's recent string of films. Even though only two of the new franchise leads really fit in the Avengers setting, they're so successful at setting up supporting characters that are almost as popular as the titular heroes themselves. So while Black Panther and Strange may not be team-material, characters like Shuri and Valkyrie will still draw in big fanbases.

It would be a cool lineup, but from the perspective of marketing, they aren't going to have a team without most of the franchise carriers. I love a lot of the secondary characters but I do worry that given how many franchise leads there are now, characters like Falcon, Scarlet Witch etc. may get shafted.

That's why I'd love to see two teams, to give everyone space to breathe. Plus more money for Marvel if they have two team-up franchises. One team focusing on more Earthly threats and the other being more cosmic and mystical.

Could you explain then where T'Challa, or even T'Chakka(?) was during the invasion of New York, or maybe during the whole Ultron sega?

Captain Marvel can fly (fast) and Doctor Strange can simply open up a portal and step through it onto a different continent, or even planet if he wishes too.

Black Panther has a jet. It flies him around the world, fast. He gets to Vienna, Berlin, Siberia, South Korea and Wakanda the same way all the other Avengers do: in a fast jet. There's literally no difference in his ability or availability and that of any other Avenger. This is aside from simple things like Dr. Strange opening portals and everyone getting there in no time.

As for where they were, as said, they were in Wakanda, holding to their traditions of not getting involved, which worked out quite well for them, as it always has until Killmonger. Not only that, since they have spies everywhere, they'd be prepared for things like the sun being blotted out or NYC being nuked, and we know they have the technology to do so.

Black Panther has been involved in every Avengers event since he's showed up in a huge important role while also being King. If you're not used to it yet, you will be eventually.

It would be a cool lineup, but from the perspective of marketing, they aren't going to have a team without most of the franchise carriers. I love a lot of the secondary characters but I do worry that given how many franchise leads there are now, characters like Falcon, Scarlet Witch etc. may get shafted.

That's why I'd love to see two teams, to give everyone space to breathe. Plus more money for Marvel if they have two team-up franchises. One team focusing on more Earthly threats and the other being more cosmic and mystical.

The original Avengers line-up had three franchise leads. Captain Marvel and Spider-man are two franchise leaders basically guaranteed there. But what I'm seeing is that Marvel's greatest success in recent films, especially Black Panther, is in creating supporting cast members that can be almost as big a draw as the main lead. (Also, I think there's a semi-decent chance Valkyrie gets a solo film in the future)

I'd be quite happy with 2 team films, also allowing for regular switching of members.

If only we had another thing we could call the second team, one that is like, about DEFENDING people :o

But we can't use that one anymore, LOL!

I don't see two Avengers teams happening. I think the closest we'll get to that is a day-to-day operating Avengers that works as a supporting cast for the whole universe and then THE Avengers with all the franchise leads that is all hands on deck for big events aka the films. Like, Cap, Dr.S, Black Panther and even Spider-Man don't make sense to be there for day to day Avengers stuff, but for the cosmic end of the world problems? Yeah, definitely.

Simple, Wakanda. They were closed off from the outside world mainly at this point. They only came out because Vibranium was used in the Sokovia incident.
Black Panther has a jet. It flies him around the world, fast. He gets to Vienna, Berlin, Siberia, South Korea and Wakanda the same way all the other Avengers do: in a fast jet. There's literally no difference in his ability or availability and that of any other Avenger. This is aside from simple things like Dr. Strange opening portals and everyone getting there in no time.
I forgot about that jet of his in Civil War. In any case, you're probably both right.

They're never going to have two functional teams to with two specific themes in mind; anyone who's defending the Earth will do their best to do so regardless of whether it's earthly, or cosmic - with the likes of Carol, Stephen, Wanda & Vision (if he survives) they've got that handled on both fronts.

I'd be quite happy with 2 team films, also allowing for regular switching of members.
The active members can be rotated to suit the threat without having two (or more) teams though; those members they don't need can simply be off doing something else. If there's a mystical threat which bullets and muscles can't dent, then the likes of Tasha, Sam & Bucky can simply be stated as not being needed [for this particular situation].

If only we had another thing we could call the second team, one that is like, about DEFENDING people :o

But we can't use that one anymore, LOL!
We've always got the Revengers. ;)

The original Avengers line-up had three franchise leads. Captain Marvel and Spider-man are two franchise leaders basically guaranteed there. But what I'm seeing is that Marvel's greatest success in recent films, especially Black Panther, is in creating supporting cast members that can be almost as big a draw as the main lead. (Also, I think there's a semi-decent chance Valkyrie gets a solo film in the future)

Well technically four, because at the time the plan was presumably for the Hulk to still be a franchise lead. I.e all of the franchise leads appeared in the Avengers as main characters, in addition to Black Widow. And Hawkeye...was also there.

Now there are a lot more franchise leading characters, and as cool as secondary characters like Valkyrie and Falcon are, they're still not going to be given priority over Doctor Strange or Black Panther etc. Now I'd love multiple teams so leads and supporting cast members alike can have some time to shine. But it could well be that secondary characters are trimmed from the Avenger's movies and we just get main characters in the lineup. I'd like to avoid that but from a business perspective, it makes sense. If you're a Marvel Studios CEO the answer to whether the final slot in the Avengers goes to Valkyrie, or to Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange is obvious.

One thing y'all must understand is there are no secondary characters. If Marvel wants a hit they'll make a hit. Post this phase it's the only option. Start over rebuild a new section of the MCU for the next 3 phases. Proceed to repeat and expand as the characters grow and age.

One thing y'all must understand is there are no secondary characters. If Marvel wants a hit they'll make a hit. Post this phase it's the only option. Start over rebuild a new section of the MCU for the next 3 phases. Proceed to repeat and expand as the characters grow and age.

Marvel is great at making us care about C-list comicbook characters, but there are still secondary characters, and characters who are less popular than others.

Marvel is great at making us care about C-list comicbook characters, but there are still secondary characters, and characters who are less popular than others.

And like any other character. Characters who can be built up and loved overtime. It's not like the first 3 MCU movies were all multi billion dollar films. The build up happened overtime and mainly post Avengers. I'm telling you, if Marvel wanted to make Ant-Man the head of the MCU they could.

Captain Marvel
Black Panther
Spider Man
Valkyrie
Falcon
White Wolf
Scarlet Witch

I definitely do think that there's a place for the secondary characters on the team (Valkyrie is a shoe-in and if Scarlet Witch doesn't die, I could see her there too), but yeah. Black Panther has hit over a billion dollars. There is no way Marvel doesn't try to capitalize on that.

If the Disney/Fox merger goes through:

Ant-Man
Beast
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Thing
Scarlet Witch
Spider-Man
Wasp
White Wolf
Valkyrie

Captain Marvel
Fantastic Four
Ant Man
Black Panther
Falcon
White Wolf
Spider Man
Scarlet Witch
Doctor Strange
Valkyrie

I definitely do think that there's a place for the secondary characters on the team (Valkyrie is a shoe-in and if Scarlet Witch doesn't die, I could see her there too), but yeah. Black Panther has hit over a billion dollars. There is no way Marvel doesn't try to capitalize on that.

Not just capitalize. Black Panther is the last classic Avenger to not join the team. There's no way they disrepect his extensive Avengers membership and say "Oh, no, in the movies, he's too busy." Balderdash.

SmWGjkgl.jpg

And like any other character. Characters who can be built up and loved overtime. It's not like the first 3 MCU movies were all multi billion dollar films. The build up happened overtime and mainly post Avengers. I'm telling you, if Marvel wanted to make Ant-Man the head of the MCU they could.

They really couldn't. Marvel is great at developing its heroes, but they've had their failures and more middling successes as well. I think you're missing the fact that they're also great at identifying which of their characters were hits and then changing the course of their universe to give those characters more focus. Hence why Hulk and Thor struggled to find much acclaim in the early stages of the MCU, and why they've had such a problem with villains.

Fiege and co. are not flawless writers and producers, they're writers and producers who go with the flow and who(for better or worse) look at their characters as marketable assets.

To get back to the original point, this means it will be the franchise leads who will be spearheading the Avengers. It's not going to be Black Panther and Spiderman and then just a load of B-listers. Maybe in phase 5 some of those B-listers will have film franchises of their own.

If the Disney/Fox merger goes through:

Ant-Man
Beast
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Thing
Scarlet Witch
Spider-Man
Wasp
White Wolf
Valkyrie

Why Beast, of all the X-men?

In general, I think it won't be until Phase 5 (if we're still doing "phases") that the Xmen and F4 make their way into the film universe. And it might not be until phase 6 that the Xmen and Avengers crossover, just as it took a while for the Avengers and Guardians to crossover.

Why Beast, of all the X-men?

Beast is a old school Avengers member, along with Hellcat and Moondragon, and had a well received friendship with fellow Avenger Wonder Man back in the 80s.

That said, I highly doubt that they'll be able to deliver on that in the MCU in in any meaningful way.

New Big Four are: Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel and Spider-Man
Everyone else is Hawkeye/Black Widow/Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver/Vision/War Machine/Falcon

I think Captain Marvel and Black Panther will be the new leaders with Strange and Spider-Man being around but not necessarily full-fledged Avengers.

Scarlet Witch will most likely be around as well as Falcon. I think War Machine takes a back seat/leadership type role.

After just watching Age of Ultron again, it really was pretty dumb to kill off Quicksilver. Yeah, there are a ton of other characters but having and developing more of that brother/sister relationship would be cool, especially as Avengers.

He also offers something that nobody else really can in his super speed.

I think Captain Marvel and Black Panther will be the new leaders with Strange and Spider-Man being around but not necessarily full-fledged Avengers.

Pretty much how I imagine it. :up:

The rest I don't know what will happen.

I really want the next couple Avengers films to really show them as a team, not be some massive crossover event. We really haven't gotten much of that. The closest was AOU, but even then they were on the run most of the film.

So in that context, characters who wouldn't join a standing team should sit out (Namely Strange and T'Challa) And the beautiful thing about the MCU is that they can take a risk like that to maintain the integrity of the story and still make massive money. Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, and Ant-Man/Wasp are the franchise leads who could fit into the team dynamic. And including Shuri will be nearly as big a draw as T'Challa himself. She broke out in a HUGE way.

- Bucky Cap
- Spider-Man
- Scarlet Witch
- Falcon
- Black Widow
- Black Panther
- Ant-Man
- Doctor Strange
- The Wasp

Post Fox merger, add Wolverine and Beast

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online