The Next Generation Console Thread

Honestly tho, I don't see the point of arguing. If DVD's are fine, they why not CD's still? Point is that BR is going down in price, by the time of the next Xbox there will be no reason for it not to have a BR player as it will be far cheaper. BR has many advantages over DVD and is becoming affordable, arguing to keep DVD is pointless IMO.
and thats exactly the argument I was trying to make. CDs arent used anymore bc there exists the technology for something better at a neglible price difference. Next gen, its a no brainer that DVDs will not be the standard for the same reason

Another side to multiple disks is having more chances to ruin your copy. I take good care of my games, but somehow I scratched my second disk of Lunar 2 sometime last year. So while I can still play the first disk, doesn't matter because the second won't play.

Which I know if you just have one disk you can scratch it as well. I'm just saying that you have to keep 3 disks in perfect working order to play one game. BR has scratch resistant coating which is another plus over DVD.

So there's not a place in your town that can resurface disks? There's a place just down the street from my apartment that resurfaces disks. 3 bucks a pop.

The Nintendo DSi has effectively sold out of its initial stock allocation in just two days, according to the latest data from Media Create.

Nintendo reportedly shipped 200,000 units for the new hardware model’s launch and the latest sales data shows that 171,925 units were sold over its first weekend on sale.

With 16,369 unit sales of the DS Lite model, total sales of the Nintendo DS format stood at 188,294 units for the week. This total exceeds that achieved by the new PSP-3000 model a few weeks ago, which saw sales spike at 159,816 units.

This week’s sales of the PSP are down by 10,000 units to 50,358, but this was more than enough to maintain its second place position. The best selling home console of the week was the PlayStation 3, up over 35,500 units on the previous week to a total of 39,587.

As with the DS Lite, sales of the PS3 have been artificially low for the last several weeks as customers anticipated the launch of new hardware bundles.

The impact of the new SKUs featuring LittleBigPlanet and Gran Turismo 5: Prologue Spec III can clearly be seen in this week’s top 30 software chart.

As a result, the Wii was reduced to fourth place, with sales down by 1,000 units to 23,123. The PlayStation 2 was down only a few hundred to 6,714, while the Xbox 360 dropped by over 1,500 units to 6,119. Although back in last place the 360’s weekly figure is still at least double that of earlier in the year.

Overall in the software top 50, there were 24 titles for the Nintendo DS, 11 for the Wii, six for the PlayStation 2, four each for the PlayStation 3 and PSP, and one for the Xbox 360.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"