The next Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im note sure how it would be hurting the next Xbox everyone knows is coming, weather they unveil it now, or in a month or two at E3, either way, *no one* is buying it until it's release date in the fall.

Spilling the beans now on what they've got, is just giving the competition time to rip off their ideas, and try and build against it.

That's Sony's own dang fault if they announced way and unexpectedly early.

Sony likely did that because THEY WANT MS to show their hand right now, and ASAP.
Sony isn't adding *anything* new and ground breaking, just much more of the same.
More this, more that, bigger bell, bigger whistle, but all the same.

They are frightened of MS and what they are prospectively planning.

Sony wants ample time to steal Microsoft's goods.

MS isn't stupid, and come this fall, *not a soul* is going to base their buying decision on weather Microsoft unveiled it in March, April, May or June, in the fall, No one will care.

LOL
Why are microsoft employees posting on SHH now?

It would actually be less sad if he was indeed a MS employee. You'd have to at least pay me for trying to pimp out the next x-box as much as this guy is trying to.

I don't see how anyone can think Microsoft has an advantage now, especially with all the bad press and rumors surrounding the console.

Of course they don't have the advantage but they haven't made their play yet. Sony was rumoured to have lower RAM (too low..actually it was reported as if it was fact similarly to the Microsoft rumours) & not play used games and the advantage has come from dispelling these and other rumours at their conference and showing all their good stuff. In a punch trading game the one who punches 1st should always have the advantage (unless they really F up) until the 2nd person punches. And then who knows.

Yeah, everybody is writing this off as some mistake and that they're switching to Sony and all that, but I suspect it's not going to come to that when they actually get released. I actually think this is part of MS's strategy somehow. They got a lot more press, even if it's temporarily bad.

I'm not writing them off, but they do need to make a compelling case against Sony whenever they do announce. I thought for sure I would stick with MS for the start of the next gen, but Sony and the subsequent news about how happy developers are with them (and the rumors of how unhappy developers are with MS) has definitely made that decision not so clear.

I've said from the very beginning, since before there were even next gen rumors, that I have no plans to buy whatever Microsoft and Sony put out next. A few of my reasons are as follows:

• I don't like the Kinect/"family friendly" direction Microsoft is going.
  • The only thing Microsoft has that interests me is Halo, and what interest I have in that becomes more tenuous with each new release.
  • I think it's detestable that Microsoft puts things that are free on every other platform behind a paywall.
  • Sony also doesn't have many exclusives that interest me.
  • I have strong distaste for the road AAA games continue to go down.
  • Pretty much every third party game ends up on PC, and it's more often than not the best version.

I mean all of that could change, and I'm willing to be persuaded, but I don't see it happening. I'm really not that worried about it though. Between PC and Nintendo I think my bases are well covered.

I'm not writing them off, but they do need to make a compelling case against Sony whenever they do announce. I thought for sure I would stick with MS for the start of the next gen, but Sony and the subsequent news about how happy developers are with them (and the rumors of how unhappy developers are with MS) has definitely made that decision not so clear.

Yeah, just because I'm personally not interested in the Nextbox doesn't mean I don't think it will do well. I think MS will still outsell the PS4 in North America next gen, at least at the start. MS has a hardcore fan base who will buy anything with Master Chief's face on it, it's a guaranteed 15-20m seller in the US alone.

The question is if it negative rumors, word of mouth, ect, will impact sales after that point. Will the Nextbox sell as well here as the 360 did? Will it's turn to family friendly towards the end of this gen turn a few ppl off the beginning of the next?

I think over seas is where we'll see any sort of dramatic shift. Sony handled the PS3 launch poorly, and ppl who normally may not have, tried, and stuck with X-box's this gen. Sony gained a lot of ground back since then, but it's still not at PS2 levels. However given that Sony's already handling the PS4 far better than it did the PS3, I see Sony taking back more lost ground in Europe. It has outsold the 360 steadily for a few years now everywhere outside of the US pretty much. With a properly handled launch, I can see the Xbox brand becoming completely extinct in Japan, and losing ground in places it has slowly been losing as is. If ppl buy PS4's off the bat over seas, they're going to be less likely to pick up Xbox's as well. After Sony's financial woes, they need, and want the PS brand to get back to where it was. They're going to be trying hard to win fans back globally, though I think gaining them back in the US is by far the most uphill battle.

Though I think overtime that's going to mean less, and less to MS. I think they're slowly going to shift the brand from gaming to pure multimedia. It will probably still play games, but I think they're main goal now is for you to have one device, supplied by them, that handles all of your media needs. That you have to go through them, purchase from their stores, ect. As profitable as Xbox, and Live are, I think MS sees a bigger picture, and is slowly changing the brand into something less one dimensional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"