The next Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was all about the Xbox 360 for the bulk of this generation, but I have zero interest in Durango.

Which is pretty sad. I'm slowly losing interest in it. A lot of the developers don't seem to like it and the rumors haven't helped.

Why are you being so defensive to these comments? do you actually have a stake in the next xbox or something?

Your posts in this thread have been quite bizarre to say the least.

Also, the fact that you're saying that you have zero interest in a console no one knows anything about, really sounds more like you have an agenda. How can one have zero interest in something they know nothing about?
I don't know much about it and have zero interst. Maybe the fact that nothing is known about it is why people don't have interest? MS hasn't given anyone anything to talk or get excited about yet.

Yep all three :whatever:. I don't get why you seem so pressed that people aren't interested in this thing. Once MS starts talking and showing stuff, that will of course build up buzz and generate interest but as it stands, there is nothing concrete to go off of. You say how can one say they aren't interested in something they have heard nothing about but the same can be said with how can one be interested in something they know nothing about? People will choose to care for what they want and theres nothing wrong with that either way

Right.

But you're also just *one* person over the internet, and anonymous at that. lol
That really isn't saying much.

Also, the fact that you're saying that you have zero interest in a console no one knows anything about, really sounds more like you have an agenda. How can one have zero interest in something they know nothing about?

Sony and SDF or the Sony Defense Force, have lots of fanboys, and corporate shills, who spread propaganda, BS, and lies, ALL OVER the internet, and websites and forums everywhere.

Hense The Console Wars LOL

Like websites such as IGN, just to call one out. All in hopes that some of it can help turn the tide in their favor, and persuade some naive person out there.
It almost never works. Since people aren't as stupid as they would like to believe.

So that said, unless you're one of those that actually believes everything you read on the internet has to be true, because people cannot tell lies over the internet, and you're that gullible, those statements aren't going to count for much, *at all*.

The fact of the matter is, I worked at a telecommunications call center for the past 7 years and most everyone there is actually a gamer.
Yet very, very few ever frequent message boards of even gaming sites, and most people are just actually way more influenced by real people in real life and real friends, rather than some derp random postings over the internet LOL

That said, pretty much everyone at the call center, and here in the U.S has an Xbox.

And not only that, Japan has pretty much boycotted the Xbox360 because of nationalism for it's own consoles. Run a Google search.

And Americans all know that.

And Americans not only don't like that, but further support Microsoft and Xbox because of it.

Heck Xbox provides jobs here in America. There are tons of Xbox call centers in the US alone.

Now unlike Japan, America won't boycott the PS like Japan does with our home town console product, but as long as Microsoft delivers the goods, which they will, the Xbox will still have a firm seat here in the good 'ol U.S. of A and reign supreme.

So, it's not going anywhere chumski.

Do you work for Microsoft? Seriously.

Even if the rumor turns out true, I cant imagine it sticking with PS4 not doing that. It seems like a feature that they will drop with enough negative backlash

Because that's what EA is doing with SimCity? Cocky people are sometimes just cocky. I don't see Mircrosoft changing it.

Because that's what EA is doing with SimCity? Cocky people are sometimes just cocky. I don't see Mircrosoft changing it.
well its not quite the same thing. Its not like there's an alternative to SimCity. If people don't get the next Xbox, then theres the PS4 to jump over to for a similar experience. Sony was cocky and made lots of assumptions about what gamers would except with the PS3, only to change their stance when people weren't flocking to it but rather the 360 instead. MS will change if it ultimately proves to be hurting the system's potential success

The article itself says it's something that could probably be turned on/off by Microsoft or whoever else was introducing this kind of technology and the final decision doesn't need to have been made yet, or even ever. Other sources Kotaku mentioned had different stories to their 1st 2 and these sources aren't Microsoft. It doesn't matter if the sources are the CEOs of EA, Activision & Ubisoft..they really don't know for sure how it will be rolled out in the final version in November (maybe in a way that people like or in a way that doesn't negatively affect them in the way they expect) & that it isn't being/won't be changed.

Look how Steam works and who would have predicted a fully online based model & store could fare so well in a piracy-plagued area. The response in every comments section and especially the crap over Sim City show how opposed everyone is to the always-online practise so it doesn't make sense to assume that Microsoft has zero awareness & that the always-online (if it happens) will work the way everyone thinks & not come with benefits that might counteract the costs.

EA admitted they royally stuffed that up and gave away games in recognition of their F up very soon after launch. Not that I like the company but it isn't a case of cocky people just being cocky.

Presuming it's true...

Don't think of it as always online...think of it as Microsoft saving you money. Just like they did for me with Windows 8, Windows Phone, Kinect... didn't buy them. I saved money for better products elsewhere.

I don't know much about it and have zero interst. Maybe the fact that nothing is known about it is why people don't have interest? MS hasn't given anyone anything to talk or get excited about yet.
That's how I think most people are. Maybe not zero interest but muted interest. At least until the Microsoft reveal & E3.

LOL

That's bull. The fact that we know it's coming, that alone should garner interest in any gamer who isn't a fanboy.

If you're not interested, you either don't like video games, you live in Japan, or you're a Sony fanboy.

Maybe all three LOL
C'mon dude. I'm looking forward to the next XBox more than most but if you talk like that, you're the one who'll be coming off as a fanboy. Positive enthusiasm pls :word::woot:

Presuming it's true...

Don't think of it as always online...think of it as Microsoft saving you money. Just like they did for me with Windows 8, Windows Phone, Kinect... didn't buy them. I saved money for better products elsewhere.
I don't get the negativity over Windows 8. That whole touchscreen looking interface is completely optional (can understand why people would be horrified when they first saw it). It's an extra option on top of what you have with a normal computer desktop, not something that takes away from the regular interface or workings. And having had Blackberry, iPhone & Windows phone 7, I really love the Lumia 920 WP8 right now. Not tried Android and a lot of my friends seem to love that but again I don't know why WP8 is looked down on aside from being too new to the field on the apps front (although that should come in time).

I fear Microsoft is going to be all Sony from last gen at first. Like I said before I fully expect them to do what they want and expect us to buy it just because it's an Xbox.

The Kinect thing is creepy and if this rumor holds true I'll just hold off on the Xbox for about 6 months to a year and see if they get their crap fixed.

Until then...might as well just wait until e3.

Hey guys! What's u....

Right.

But you're also just *one* person over the internet, and anonymous at that. lol
That really isn't saying much.

Sony and SDF or the Sony Defense Force, have lots of fanboys, and corporate shills, who spread propaganda, BS, and lies, ALL OVER the internet, and websites and forums everywhere.

Hense The Console Wars LOL

Like websites such as IGN, just to call one out. All in hopes that some of it can help turn the tide in their favor, and persuade some naive person out there.
It almost never works. Since people aren't as stupid as they would like to believe.

So that said, unless you're one of those that actually believes everything you read on the internet has to be true, because people cannot tell lies over the internet, and you're that gullible, those statements aren't going to count for much, *at all*.

The fact of the matter is, I worked at a telecommunications call center for the past 7 years and most everyone there is actually a gamer.
Yet very, very few ever frequent message boards of even gaming sites, and most people are just actually way more influenced by real people in real life and real friends, rather than some derp random postings over the internet LOL

That said, pretty much everyone at the call center, and here in the U.S has an Xbox.

And not only that, Japan has pretty much boycotted the Xbox360 because of nationalism for it's own consoles. Run a Google search.

And Americans all know that.

And Americans not only don't like that, but further support Microsoft and Xbox because of it.

Heck Xbox provides jobs here in America. There are tons of Xbox call centers in the US alone.

Now unlike Japan, America won't boycott the PS like Japan does with our home town console product, but as long as Microsoft delivers the goods, which they will, the Xbox will still have a firm seat here in the good 'ol U.S. of A and reign supreme.

So, it's not going anywhere chumski.
You don't know anything about it, which is funny to me for you to say that.

Oh and the rumors are already being debunked, you haven't heard? LOL*

GameStop Calls Next Xbox ‘Hot,’ ‘Compelling’
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/03/gamestop-calls-next-xbox-hot-compelling

Right, it's defensive to call out something so illogical?

I suppose one could ask you the same question with the one you're posing.

Why question my questioning of stuff that makes no sense? Do you have a stake in Sony? Are you posting from Japan at the moment? LOL

LOL*

That's bull. The fact that we know it's coming, that alone should garner interest in any gamer who isn't a fanboy.

If you're not interested, you either don't like video games, you live in Japan, or you're a Sony fanboy.

Maybe all three LOL

I play video games. A newer and better version of a video game machine is coming out. Interest generated. Nuff said.

tumblr_m9rxcjOEZf1r5kyvmo1_500.gif

Not looking good for the "always online" rumor. Big Microsoft employee got super defensive about it on Twitter.

OEY5yp8.jpg

jF1Mjq5MZmVHd.png

That dude is coming off very "You should get a second job to afford the PS3".

Last edited:
My phone doesn't become an expensive paperweight just because it's in airplane mode. In fact I disable the net connection to save battery when need be.

That guy needs a clue.

that guy sounds like the biggest *****e ever. Some people really do not need to have Twitter

Not looking good for the "always online" rumor. Big Microsoft employee got super defensive about it on Twitter.

OEY5yp8.jpg

jF1Mjq5MZmVHd.png

That dude is coming off very "You should get a second job to afford the PS3".

This guy is a total Ritchardhead. Have fun repeating the same mistakes Sony did this gen, asshat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"