The "Nuff Said" Marvel Universe RPG: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

I have killed for days like that. So far, no results.

I have killed for days like that. So far, no results.
You tried, and I'll be honest, the anthrax you sent has knocked the hell out of me, but I'm fighting back and should have something up again soon...

"That's good. That's like a 40-degree day. Ain't nobody got nothing to say about a 40-degree day. Fifty. Bring a smile to your face. Sixty, ****, *****s is damn near barbecuing on that mother****er. Go down to 20, *****s get their ***** on. Get their blood complaining. But forty? Nobody give a **** about 40. Nobody remember 40, and y'all *****s is giving me way too many 40-degree days! What the ****?"

I have no idea why you posted that quote, but I approve.

I thought it was bad form to post too often, since I saw most others posting once every other day or so, at most. I might try to cut my story up into smaller segments and post more often if that's the ideal scenario for the RPG.

I thought it was bad form to post too often, since I saw most others posting once every other day or so, at most. I might try to cut my story up into smaller segments and post more often if that's the ideal scenario for the RPG.
It's totally personal preference. I think what 9x17 is referring to is the "old days" when there were so many active players. Nowadays, we're down to a small, tight-knit core as opposed to an expansive roster of players young and old.

I remember those times. They were interesting days, to be sure. I remember that right when I joined, the posts were booming. Ultimate Marvel was my favorite, and, from what I recall, not one of the most active on the boards, but there were days when we'd have 50 or more IC posts. :(

Can I say I f***in hate having this RPG in the Marvel section?

No? Well too bad, I just did.

Anyway...I'm going to try and catch up on reading and then get a few posts in.

Why do you hate?

By the way, if I've been away for a while (I have been), it's only because I just graduated (masters degree hhhhhhhhhoooooooooo!), it's summer and I'm trying to get laid. I'll see about reviving John sometime this week.

I'm sticking with Thor but dropping Logan, FYI. Just not in the state of mind for him now.

Anyone mind if I throw up an application for modern day Hank Pym? The Wasp being dead is pretty important to his character and I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Just FYI, Eric O'Gray is running around as Ant-Man.

Alright... Thank God. The fiance's back tomorrow... with the computer which had the post saved in it which I wrote up before she pissed off on holiday.

She'll also be able to free up more time from the guide dog pup which has been consuming my life, clothes, flesh and furniture for the past two weeks (puppy teeth are a b****) so I should be able to get rolling again.

The "Nuff' Said" Marvel Universe Application

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Dr. Hank Pym/Giant-Man

Brief History (provide at least two sentences): Hank Pym is a founding Avenger and adventurer/scientist, his team with the Avengers has brought about some of the more memorable moments in team history ranging from the creation of Ultron and, of course, Pym's decline into madness and the ensuing domestic abuse. Now, having put his life back together, he runs Avengers Academy whilst serving as Earth's Scientist Supreme.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Avengers, Avengers Academy.

Explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen and why you've chosen this character: Hank has certainly had his fair of hardship over the years, I really want to delve into how that hardship has turned him into the man he is today and made him stronger for it. The Hank I intend to write won't be one crippled by indecision, he's finally found a calling in Avengers Academy and is no longer grappling with his identity.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: PM me.

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character: See below.

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

Avengers Compound, California

For the first time in weeks she wasn’t the first thing he had thought about upon waking up. Hank wasn’t sure whether this was a good thing or not, but he couldn’t help feel guilty about it either way. Slowly he wiped away the condensation from the mirrored door of the bathroom cupboard and smiled faintly at his reflection, before splashing warm water onto his face.

From the other room he could hear the sound of Greer Grant, “Tigra” to the rest of the world, thumbing her way through the morning’s copy of the Daily Bugle. She had been his rock in the months after Janet’s death and, given their history, it was only a matter of time before they fell into one another’s arms. What began as a casual arrangement had since transformed slowly into something more steady and secure. She smiled at Pym as he made his way back into the bedroom and laid out his Giant-Man costume at the end of the bed.

“The Governor of New York has resigned for accepting illegal campaign contributions from HYDRA. They’re saying criminal convictions might follow. Can you believe that?”

Hank smiled and put on a thick German accent, which was quite convincing given the time he had spent on the continent as a young man.

“This message is paid for by Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker...”

Greer laughed and slowly climbed her way out of bed, allowing the covers to slink free from her feline form and fall to the floor. As she reached Hank she lovingly placed a kiss on his lips, purring slightly as he pulled him closer towards him.

HPGG.png

The other members of the faculty had remained, to the best of Hank and Greer’s knowledge, unaware of their relationship and the two of them intended to keep it that way. Although Hank was certain Janet would be glad they had found one another, neither he nor Grant were ready to test how their colleagues would look upon Hank moving on so quickly.

“… A girl could get used to t-”

There was a knock on the door to Pym’s quarters and both Greer and Hank froze. They looked at one another and then at the door, unsure as to what to do, before Hank gestured to Grant to hide in the bathroom and he hurriedly threw on his costume.

“Hank,” said a voice from the other side of the door. “It’s Vance.”

Pym turned the handle slowly after making sure Grant was out of sight, flattened down his hair and opened the door to Vance Astrovik, one of the senior instructors at Avengers Academy, whose grave look alerted him to that it wasn’t a social call. Vance momentarily stopped midsentence upon noticing the lower half of Tigra’s costume on Pym’s floor but thought better of mentioning it; Hank was a grown man, what he did was his own business as far as Astrovik was concerned. He lifted his thumb into the air and pointed it over his shoulder towards the Compound lobby.

“You’re going to want to see this…” he said solemnly and set off for the lobby.

A bemused look appeared on Hank’s face and he looked over his shoulder, noticing the lower half of the costume and gently tapped his fist against his head before following after Vance. When the pair arrived in the lobby they found the entire faculty of Avengers Academy assembled in front of a television screen. Speedball looked round at Hank nervously before shuffling out of the way in order to free up his line of sight; although, to little surprise, it would not be long before Hank would wish he hadn’t.

It was grainy footage of one of Pym’s oldest foes Whirlwind. The boy filming, in his late teens, was cowering behind a truck brandishing his smart phone in the super-villains direction. Whirlwind, unaware of his presence, continued towards the police barricade that had been erected on the Lower Manhattan road to stop him. Whirlwind began spinning menacingly and the dozen police officers that manned the barricade unleashed a wall of bullets in his direction. The bullets that made it past the spinning blades on his wrists deflected harmlessly off of his Whirlwind’s armor and, within seconds, he had breached the barricade and was amongst them. The boy gasped as Whirlwind began to run through police officers with ruthless efficiency, impaling and dismembering them one by one until only he was left standing.

“… My god,” Hank said, raising one of his hands to his mouth.

Whirlwind looked round, spotting the boy hidden behind the truck and the camera began to shake uncontrollably. The super-villain raised one of his hands into the air and waggled his finger from side to side, shaking his head with disapproval, before sending a gust of wind that sent the boy flying. There was a loud crashing noise as the boy, and the phone, landed with a crash and the screen turned to black.

So, yeah, would someone (partially EBJ) mind actually trying to ****ing post anytime in the next goddamn month?

Open invitation people. The Wrecking crew (most of them anyway) are looking for a fight.

So, where the **** is everybody? All you ****heads were gung ho for another Marvel RPG when this idea was kicked around. Considering how the last game ended, figured everyone would try their hardest to make sure this game didn't end the same way. Guess I was wrong.

I was all for it... Then other commitments at home killed my spare time, including my plans to jump into One Earth.

I's sowwy. :csad:

So, where the **** is everybody? All you ****heads were gung ho for another Marvel RPG when this idea was kicked around. Considering how the last game ended, figured everyone would try their hardest to make sure this game didn't end the same way. Guess I was wrong.

I feel like it's just the climate of the boards now, BM. Activity always dropped off during summer, and people aren't nearly as dedicated as we were for that year and a half to two years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"