The Official "24: The Movie," Thread (spoilers for the series)

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score
Well, with 24's series having ended, talk naturally turns to the film.

What are your thoughts about the movie so far? I think Luc Besson would be a perfect director. He has a gritty action style that is perfect for a film like 24. Plus Taken, which he wrote, is essentially Jack in Paris saving Kim from white slavers anyhow. I think he could make a very satisfying 24 movie.

As for villains, I would love to see either Malcolm McDowell or Alan Rickman play a 24 villain. That said, I think the film could use someone who can go toe to toe with Jack. I know Gary Oldman is a popular choice, but I'd prefer someone else. Liam Neeson plays a good villain. As does Jean Reno. I think either of them would be good.

As for the new president in light of Taylor's resignation...hmm, I'd like to see Jeffery Dean Morgan in the role. Kind of a tough, Ike Eisenhower, former military general president. The 24-verse has never gone that route. It would be interesting to see how another warrior interacts with Bauer.

Alternatively, I think William Macy would make a very good choice.

What are your thoughts on the 24 Movie?

Last edited:
Well, what will be great is that they can cast pretty big names around Jack/Chloe and the like.

I would rather not have really big names, I know they always went pretty big on the show with their guest stars.. but.. I dunno.. I don't want it going full on BIG...

I know that probably doesn't make sense..

Ah yes. This is why my mourning is as extreme as it could have been. MOVIE BABY! Anyway,I can see why you say Besson Matt and you're exactly right. Taken was a 24 film basically, especially when he shot the dudes wife (season 5!)

Now for a movie I'm wondering will they go with the russians going after Jack in another country or does Billy Ray go with something entirely stand alone. I'm not sure. Now for director I've heard people go from Joel Schumacher (he is Kiefer's friend and has made alot of films with him including phone booth, which is visually very similar to 24) to Paul Greengrass to Michael Mann. Some people say what about either Jon Cassar or Stephen Hopkins (old show directors) So what do you guys think, should they go with an outside director or go the X-Files and Sex and the City route?

They never went that big on their guest stars. In fact, they mentioned specifically avoiding bigger name actors that would distract viewers just by being there. Dennis Hopper was probably their biggest name and that was way back in the first season.

I always thought Michael Biehn would have made a good villain.

Jon Voight was probably their biggest villain.

I hope Freddie Prince Jr. is in the film. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed his character this season.

How about the time format?

I felt the overall movie duration being 24 hrs and last 20-30 mins being real-time sounded good.

How about the time format?

I felt the overall movie duration being 24 hrs and last 20-30 mins being real-time sounded good.

That could work.

I'm still itching to know what happened to Wayne Palmer, and Bill Buchanan's wife.:cmad:

If Karen wasn't even mentioned after Bill's death, it's highly unlikely she'll ever be heard from again. Not much reason to either.

The time format rumor that's been mentioned most often is having the first hour be regular movie time, possibly bridging days or weeks, whatever. The second hour would then go into real time.

i quite like the idea of mixing up the time formats....

and i'd love it if Jack was in the UK....

I'd like Tony to be back.

I mean, it'd just be nice to have Tony and Kim, atleast as a cameo. Aren't they the only surviving characters from Day 1, aside from Jack?

Aaron Pierce

That's right, Aaron too.

He's ****ing awesome. I guess with a new President, he'd be nice to have to have there as the usual badass Secret Service role he's in.

He should be the new President lol

i quite like the idea of mixing up the time formats....

and i'd love it if Jack was in the UK....

The time format doesn't concern me in the least. They already broke the real time format at the end of season 5, when Jack was kidnapped, beaten to a pulp and dragged aboard a ship that made it out to sea, all in about 5 minutes. :o

I hope Jack is reunited with Kim & Terri . Also I loved Freddie Prince Jr. in season 8, he's gotta return for the movie with Chloe.

Mike Novick is still alive as well..

I'd personally love if they continued one minute after the final episode.... Him trying to escape the US...only to stop cause he has to save Kim and the kid.

First off, let me say that I would never have approved of a 24 season finale that lacked violence and amazing Jack fighting scenes. I was wrong, this last season finale was amazing. The story was the best story yet. I loved how the two nations were standing next to each other, hating each other, ready to sign the agreement because they had too, and President Taylor in the middle just stressing out. Great scenes, great drama, amazing acting and a perfect ending to lead into a movie.

I'm all for a 24 movie, I just think they need to be careful about keeping it true to the series. I don't want new/random characters surrounding Jack. It would take too long to set up the movie and introduce these characters, plus the characters in the previous series (Chloe, Agent Ortiz, really anyone) already have the strong emotional connection with Jack and the film doesn't have to focus on these relationships if they use these characters and can focus more on plot development.

The thing with the movie is that by using already established characters, they don't have to worry about character development, but that only works for us fans. Non-fans of the show who FOX will want to attract won't have a clue what's really going on, and that could/will hurt the movie's b.o numbers. The smart decision i'm sure Fox is looking at, is finding a middle ground that will bring the fans back, and yet still attract a big portion of the general pubic who have never seen the show.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"