The Official Aquaman costume thread!

It appears that trident is silver:

CYQM2b-UMAA8buG.jpg

This Aquaman looks darker and more brooding than most previous incarnations and I loved him in Game of Thrones. I for one am really looking forward to seeing this film even though Aqua Man isnt one of my favourite characters.

This Aquaman looks darker and more brooding than most previous incarnations and I loved him in Game of Thrones. I for one am really looking forward to seeing this film even though Aqua Man isnt one of my favourite characters.

Not entirely true. Peter David's incarnation which Momoa's look was based on was pretty brooding as well.

Looks gold to me? Or maybe a bronze color.

Hmm... you're right there is some bronzish hue to it.

Not entirely true. Peter David's incarnation which Momoa's look was based on was pretty brooding as well.

Hmm... you're right there is some bronzish hue to it.

Lol, you know I assumed someone would have a contradictory example thats why I said most :-)
though I will admit I didn't know that.

Lol, you know I assumed someone would have a contradictory example thats why I said most :-)
though I will admit I didn't know that.

That's a smart philosophy. :woot:

Anyway, he was also pretty brooding in "Justice League" animated series. Where, again, he had look that is very similar to Peter David's Aquaman. So if you like him brooding, you have Peter David to thank for that. :cwink:

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

That's a smart philosophy. :woot:

Anyway, he was also pretty brooding in "Justice League" animated series. Where, again, he had look that is very similar to Peter David's Aquaman. So if you like him brooding, you have Peter David to thank for that. :cwink:

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Thanks Pal, yeah the only Aquaman I remember really is the one wearing the bright orange.

I will admit, even though I'm a huge DC fan and prefer them over other brands, I was one of thos AuquaMan haters. Made fun of him etc. Never liked him. But I admit I love this costume, he looks like a warrior. The coolest AquaMan I've ever seen. Look forward to seeing what they do with him in the films. If Marvel can make a talking Racoon and a giant walking stick cool as well as turning B and C list heroes into A list heroes, WB/DC can make AquaMan cool.

Well, my first encounters with the character was with this version:

84741607548210a4c69b6833d261b98a.jpg

As well as this:

latest

So you can understand why Aquaman was always pretty cool to me. Didn't even know that he was mocked and hated for very long time, I remember being surprised when I first heard about it.

Well, my first encounters with the character was with this version:

84741607548210a4c69b6833d261b98a.jpg

As well as this:

latest

So you can understand why Aquaman was always pretty cool to me. Didn't even know that he was mocked and hated for very long time, I remember being surprised when I first heard about it.

Yeah that was the first version i was like ok Aquaman is kinda cool. Though i was not much a fan of the Justice League cartoon i did really like the Aquaman intro where it showed how his lost his hand which was him cutting it off to save his son from his tyrant of a brother. Not sure if thats how it went in the comics but that was very heroic and epic.

They either changed multiverse figure a bit or someone custom painted tattoos on his arms, as they weren't there on the figure previously:

12565482_951735878209131_6067839830249872639_n.jpg

944668_951735874875798_6002104477633951682_n.jpg

Yeah, trident has some odd bronzish shade on the verge of two colors it would appear. :hehe:

We knew about fins, they were seen in that YouTube video, and I already said that the only reason why I accept those boots/greaves is because it was probably the only way to add fins without them looking silly.

It's a silver-gold alloy with more silver than gold, like this ring

rV9pguc.jpg

I was kinda hoping for barefoot. And a bit more green but otherwise this is a good costume

Best look at the pants so far:

TF2016MattelBatmanvSuperman007.jpg

Last edited:
If that Snyder/Momoa pic has what I think it has...anyone who thought the classic look wouldn't work has some crow to eat.

Wish the colors weren't as muted, but it otherwise looks wonderful.

Cb2xyv5VIAEosno.jpg

Could be his JL look in front of Flash costume there.

If the costume has the scales (and I honestly can't tell if it does, because the damn thing is so dark), then I'm happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"