The Official Aquaman Rumors/Speculation Thread

I'm wondering if "Unite the Seven" refers not so much to the seven seas but rather to the seven ancient magical Atlantean artifacts, most of which have been lost, that the trident Aquaman possesses will control. Perhaps when those items are assembled something extraordinary happens or a mega-super-weapon can be crafted, etc. And of course I expect that Aquaman will be motivated to prevent bad guys from doing the same. I still need to read up on this, but hopefully I have the basic gist of it right. Not that the the film must or will follow the comic book plot to a "T" anyway.

But anyway, this is potentially very rich material to work with I think. If it turns out to be something along these lines, I will enjoy seeing the magic dimension developed, as well as the adventure of gathering these powerful items together (perhaps as quests). I mean, this is a fantasy adventure trope for sure, but it's still a great one. And think of all the nuances that can be given to the Atlantean mythos through such a central plotline!

Anyway, I'm really psyched to see the New 52 Aquaman realized in the DCEU. His powers and abilities sound great, and it will be fascinating to see how creatively they're utilized. I see him as a bit like Ant-Man in the MCU in that viewers may tend to underestimate him (he's been the butt of jokes culturally for generations), yet his powers are actually very formidable and can be creatively applied toward all sorts of outside-of-the-box solutions.

Last edited:
Aquaman Movie May Feature The Trench
Benjamin Eaton said:
According to Superhero News, Aquaman will face off against sea creatures which are bipedal humanoids with arm, legs, fins, big heads, big eyes and very sharp teeth. From this they deduced that these features fit perfectly with The Trench, a carnivorous race introduced in the New 52 relaunch of DC Comics. Their information also suggested that The Trench would be created using practical effects, with the actors playing these creatures using stilts for a tall, looming effect, as well as full-body suits. They’d be augmented using facial animatronics as opposed to CGI. While there’s no guarantee that they won’t be tweaked using elements of CG in post-production, the focus with Aquaman appears to be heavily on practical effects.

So in light of

- The Trench possibly being in this movie

- The use of Ocean Master and Black Manta as villains

- The casting of Aquaman's parents and Dr. Vulko

Can we expect this film to use similar plot and character beats to the Throne of Atlantis storyline from the new 52 Aquaman?

I sure hope so but I wonder if the after effects of what happens in the Justice League film if it will somehow carry over into this film? I mean the events of what happens in Justice League will carry over just like how in The Avengers after the Battle of New York the after effects carried over into other Marvel films so I wonder if in Aquaman that happens

So in light of

- The Trench possibly being in this movie

- The use of Ocean Master and Black Manta as villains

- The casting of Aquaman's parents and Dr. Vulko

Can we expect this film to use similar plot and character beats to the Throne of Atlantis storyline from the new 52 Aquaman?

I could see that, after all Geoff johns is a huge creative force in this movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"