The Official Green Lantern Rumors/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Green Lantern should have been in Justice League flat out point blank period

In some weird way, probably turned out for the better. Now the character won't be associated with yet another bad movie.

Last edited:
That is true and then the Green Lantern can officially have his 2nd chance being on the big screen in the now DCEU

As long as they don't have someone like Ryan Reynolds in the role then I am fine with whoever DC casts as Hal Jordan

Wow John is being positioned as the main GL in the comics now
It should’ve been John instead of Cyborg in the JL movie

I don't see how he's being positioned that way, he's just part of Scott Snyder's Justice League title. No different than when Jessica and Simon were made part of the main JL book when Rebirth first started. I'm not sure how that makes him "the main GL", is that even a thing anymore.

Last edited:
I don't see how he's being positioned that way, he's just part of Scott Snyder's Justice League title. No different than when Jessica and Simon were made part of the main JL book when Rebirth first started. I'm not sure how that makes him "the main GL", is that even a thing anymore.

Let’s wait and see. I think DC will be ushering John into the main GL role over the next few years

Any Lantern I see in the main JL roster I consider the "main" GL(s).

Looks like that's John now.

John was put in the League in the comics while he was in the cartoon and the "main" Lantern at the time was still Kyle. He remained a JL member during and after Hal's return and the "main" Lantern was Hal. I guess that's why I don't see characters having a JL membership as that big of a deal, because literally anyone comes and goes.

Last edited:
Let’s wait and see. I think DC will be ushering John into the main GL role over the next few years

I don't think I see them pushing Hal to the side, though I can see them having John as the League's Lantern for a nice long run. After all, John is arguably more well-known as a Justice League member, than as a Green Lantern protagonist.

John was put in the League in the comics while he was in the cartoon and the "main" Lantern at the time was still Kyle. He remained a JL member during and after Hal's return and the "main" Lantern was Hal. I guess that's why I don't see characters having a JL membership as that big of a deal, because literally anyone comes and goes.

Baz and Cruz have been the JL co-Green Lanterns since Rebirth started, yet I doubt that either will ever be considered "main" as in above and beyond the previous 4 titular Lanterns. As the decades have gone by, DC has decided to put them all on a continual rotation in various books.

That being said, I would have been fine with Baz, Cruz, Alan Scott, or just about any other Lantern in the JL film. The JL has always been incomplete without a ringslinger.

Hal and John as co leads it could be like Lethal Weapon meets Star Wars but in space

The majority of the film can be in space but then of course it has to be on Earth too especially if there are human Lanterns

You find them on Earth and then they end up on Oa

Hal and John as co leads it could be like Lethal Weapon meets Star Wars but in space

The majority of the film can be in space but then of course it has to be on Earth too especially if there are human Lanterns

You find them on Earth and then they end up on Oa

Yep, sounds great.

And the more time off Earth the better for me.

Then I wonder if they will include Abin Sur

I hope whoever ends up at the helm of this movie has a penchant for practical effects.
It’ll obviously be a CG heavy movie but hopefully they go practical wherever they can.

Anyone else read GL Earth one?
I wouldn’t mind if the movie took a few things from that.:D

Yeah, it was okay.

DY_15JyX0AEhgWB.jpg

Yeah earth one felt like an earth one story. I actually think if they gathered the earth one heroes into a JL it might make an interesting read, because they won't seem so completely OP

It would be nice to see, but Earth One really isn't the name of a parallel universe. It's just the name of the imprint. It's not like Ultimate Marvel.

The Green Lantern from Justice League.
32i1o9zo0jn01.jpg

I sure hope they include Abin Sur as he is essential to the origin of the human Lanterns preferably Hal Jordan

I don't know about main but yeah I have noticed they're definitely pushing him harder again recently. I think that if there is a JL sequel, we're likely to see John join.

Anyone else read GL Earth one?
I wouldn’t mind if the movie took a few things from that.:D

Same here!

I'm really interested in the Green Lantern: Legacy book that's coming out.

DVrWR6wU8AAi83S.jpg

Stephan James would be my John Stewart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"