The Official Wonder Woman Rumors/Speculation Thread

With the new set pics, is Gal going to be under the guise of a nurse at some point during film?

2a8oihd.jpg

12289753_1213542891994771_3576866614898919458_n.jpg

2EE807C800000578-3338482-image-a-51_1448821666107.jpg

2EE8046B00000578-3338482-image-a-49_1448821626997.jpg

2EE8070B00000578-3338482-image-a-48_1448821612411.jpg

Golden thingy in her backpack. Feel free to speculate.

Looks like twin snakes from the caduceus, but their heads are pointing to outside. Or it's the tails.

Last edited:
Those look like British and Scottish WWI troops?

Last edited:
There are some wearing blue who could be from the French army

I just guessing here but perhaps Ares is helping the German win the way proving them a immortal army that is destroying the allies until Diana shows up to even the odds?

I just guessing here but perhaps Ares is helping the German win the way proving them a immortal army that is destroying the allies until Diana shows up to even the odds?

Who knows, maybe Diana even uses her invisible jet to fight.

Her attempt to stop Ares in the WW1 period may de-power his influence on the war too.

So assuming that Steve Trevor has been rewritten as a WWI character based on the picture that Saïd Taghmaoui posted (I would actually love it if Pine plays both Trevor in the present day and Trevor's grandfather during WWI, but I acknowledge that's not where the smart money is)... What might then happen to Trevor's role and identity in the modern era as Wonder Woman's liaison to Washington, DC, the United Nations liaison for the Justice League, and head of A.R.G.U.S.? It has been reported (Den of Geek, per an insider source) that the film will be set in three different time periods: Themyscira around 200 years ago, WWI (1916), and the present day. If Trevor is an ordinary mortal and non-metahuman he won't be around to join Wonder Woman in the present day. However reportedly Pine has signed a multi-picture deal. What are your speculations about this? I'm at a loss on this one.

In future films, flashbacks to their continuing relationship through to the 1980s or so when he dies (if he were to live into his 90s), I guess? He time travels to the future?

Last edited:
Things are fluid. Let's remember this ARGUS/JLA liason stuff is fairly new to the mythos and MOS didn't reflect the exact nature of the modern comics either.

Yeah, FWIW, myself, I'm fine with the fact that superhero films are adaptations of source material. And in fact comic books and films are very different mediums with different target audiences (film audiences consisting of presumably around 99% non-comic book readers). In order to tell a really good story via film, adaptations are actually a good thing. Directors need a strong degree of freedom to tell an original story and make their own artistic statement. The regular ticket-buying public just wants a tale that engrosses them, wows them with ever-improving CGI, featuring relatable heroes that they find themselves caring about and rooting for, and great action. Etc.

But given all that, I'm still simply wondering how Trevor will reappear in future films in the DCEU. How will they make that work?

Maybe the plan is to basically 'one-shot' Pine with this film and keep the options open for flashbacks in later films. (To play devil's advocate, that might not be the most satisfying way possible to tell stories involving Trevor, or to use a star of Pine's caliber.)

I'm thinking that maybe they want to honor Trevor for one film but also write him out of the continuing DCEU. Maybe have him show up in a few flashbacks down the road. They could also have done the same thing by placing him in WWII where he first appears in comic book canon. But as some have pointed out in the main discussion thread for this picture, the WWII time period has been mined pretty extensively in superhero films already.

Last edited:
Okay, let's assume that Steve Trevor has been rewritten as a WWI character based on the picture that Saïd Taghmaoui posted (I would actually love it if Pine plays both Trevor in the present day and Trevor's grandfather during WWI, but I acknowledge that's not where the smart money is)... What might then happen to Trevor's role and identity in the modern era as Wonder Woman's liaison to Washington, DC, the United Nations liaison for the Justice League, and head of A.R.G.U.S.? It has been reported (Den of Geek, per an insider source) that the film will be set in three different time periods: Themyscira around 200 years ago, WWI (1916), and the present day. If Trevor is an ordinary mortal and non-metahuman he won't be around to join Wonder Woman in the present day. However reportedly Pine has signed a multi-picture deal. What are your speculations about this? I'm at a loss on this one.

In future films, flashbacks to their continuing relationship through to the 1980s or so when he dies (if he were to live into his 90s), I guess? He time travels to the future?

What is the passage of time on Themiscyra like? Is it possible that a wounded Steve Trevor is taken there by Diana to heal, if time passes differently there is is possible that he could be introduced back to the present without ageing significantly.

Yeah, maybe it's like Lost where time passes differently. Maybe Diana's only lived for like 30 years (her time).

I'm fine with anything though. Trevor's important to the origin, but beyond that I don't really care. Regarding Pine, while you can look at it as a waste, it's possible that Pine himself just doesn't want to be in more than one film. Who knows.

Last edited:
What is the passage of time on Themiscyra like? Is it possible that a wounded Steve Trevor is taken there by Diana to heal, if time passes differently there is is possible that he could be introduced back to the present without ageing significantly.

I don't know how it is in the comics, but the film may do some sort of adaptation regardless, anyway.

I could imagine something like that with the island location itself having some sort of mystical 'fountain of youth' properties, and perhaps existing in a multiverse parallel dimension with a portal to ours. Or cloaked by some kind of invisibility magic but with gods and magic having some sort of scientific multiverse explanation. Or some combination of all of the above.

Last edited:
Yeah, maybe it's like Lost where time passes differently. Maybe Diana's only lived for like 30 years (her time).

I'm fine with anything though. Trevor's important to the origin, but beyond that I don't really care. Regarding Pine, while you can look at it as a waste, it's possible that Pine himself just doesn't want to be in more than one film. Who knows.

Yeah, maybe that. But still interesting that he reportedly signed a multi-picture deal (if true).

Can't see any blue uniforms, other than the Royal Navy sailors, in (suprisingly) the navy blue uniforms! :huh:

ww-french-soldiers.png

Yeah, I'm having some trouble placing these too. They look like they're wearing peacoats, but I haven't yet found a uniform online for the French Royal WWI navy that seems to nail it down.

Looks like a British "Barrack Sergeant" in one shot there.

ww-british-solider.png

It uses a model, but you can get a look at it at this site. Except for a few items missing it looks almost identical.

Last edited:

That seems to be the case.

ww-ww1-glengarry-cap.png

This is definitely a Scottish Glengarry cap worn by most Scottish regiments by 1914. Or so it is shown and said to be at this site. You can see an example of it here as well.

I doubt they will play sides. WWI is not a good vs. evil narrative. It's even possible that Diana will amass soldiers from all nations in the final battle against Ares.

In this version, Steve probably knows it's Diana in disguise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"