The Official Wonder Woman Rumors/Speculation Thread

Because there isn't much news lately, I want to speculate on rumours that may not even be true, as we wait. The main ones being:

-The movie set both in WWI and in modern times.

-Lennox appearing- Wonder Woman's half-brother, also a demigod. Son of Zeus. Rock-hard skin.

-Ares and Circe involved.

So:

-Ares has reappeared on Earth, growing stronger from the First World War and also manipulating it.

-The Amazons appear in Man's World during this time, searching for Ares. They could be disguised as civilians, nurses, etc. but secretly battling Ares.

-Lennox could be a soldier of the war. He could discover his true lineage as well as his powers, and help the Diana/the Amazons battle Ares.

-Circe: in the comics, we see Circe manipulating war as well. She also has been known to be unhappy with Diana's role in helping women. She has freed women being persecuted, thinking Diana should be doing more. (This could play into the movie.) In the "Men of War" comics, she appears almost like an entity during wartime, to soldiers. She is unhappy with their war disturbing her realm. She is like a hallucination for Sgt. Rock.

-The Amazons could be around during the Women's Suffrage movement. They may see women's right to vote established, then retreat back to Themyscira soon after.

-In modern day, Steve Trevor crashes on the island because he is battling a new threat. It may be because Ares or Circe have reappeared. It may be tied to the events after the Man of Steel and before the upcoming threat in the Justice League movie.

-Other gods may appear on Earth to help the Amazons.

This is just speculation based on the very little we have.

Because there isn't much news lately, I want to speculate on rumours that may not even be true, as we wait. The main ones being:

-The movie set both in WWI and in modern times.

-Lennox appearing- Wonder Woman's half-brother, also a demigod. Son of Zeus. Rock-hard skin.

-Ares and Circe involved.

So:

-Ares has reappeared on Earth, growing stronger from the First World War and also manipulating it.

-The Amazons appear in Man's World during this time, searching for Ares. They could be disguised as civilians, nurses, etc. but secretly battling Ares.

-Lennox could be a soldier of the war. He could discover his true lineage as well as his powers, and help the Diana/the Amazons battle Ares.

-Circe: in the comics, we see Circe manipulating war as well. She also has been known to be unhappy with Diana's role in helping women. She has freed women being persecuted, thinking Diana should be doing more. (This could play into the movie.) In the "Men of War" comics, she appears almost like an entity during wartime, to soldiers. She is unhappy with their war disturbing her realm. She is like a hallucination for Sgt. Rock.

-The Amazons could be around during the Women's Suffrage movement. They may see women's right to vote established, then retreat back to Themyscira soon after.

-In modern day, Steve Trevor crashes on the island because he is battling a new threat. It may be because Ares or Circe have reappeared. It may be tied to the events after the Man of Steel and before the upcoming threat in the Justice League movie.

-Other gods may appear on Earth to help the Amazons.

This is just speculation based on the very little we have.

Wow I love the idea of Amazons infiltrating man's world like secret agents and disguising themselves as nurses during the First World War or as progressive activists during the women's suffrage movement. I also hope all the Amazons are super-powerful, with Diana being the most powerful, of course.

Wow I love the idea of Amazons infiltrating man's world like secret agents and disguising themselves as nurses during the First World War or as progressive activists during the women's suffrage movement. I also hope all the Amazons are super-powerful, with Diana being the most powerful, of course.

It pretty much depends if they want Diana to be the only one to venture out to the outside world, or if Amazons have been going before, or with, Diana. Or perhaps Diana is doing all of this on her own.

There could also be strife on Themyscira that the Amazons must deal with.

Pine fans can't help but hope there is a way he can still end up playing GL. Trevor for GL :D

I have to say, I am really intrigued at the prospect that Saïd Taghmaoui might play Dr. Fate in Wonder Woman. That speculation is based of course on the Instagram photo that he posted two weeks ago (which unsurprisingly was quickly taken down) of him and Chris Pine wearing what appears to be circa WWI era dress:

ww-trevors-grandfather1.png

Umberto Gonzalez promptly floated a rumor that Pine will therefore be playing Steve Trevor's grandfather in addition to Trevor. Maybe Gonzalez got it right for once, time will tell.

But there is also the fact that Saïd stated in an October 2015 interview with the French magazine Ultra,

I’ll be playing a superhero, but details are still under wraps, so I can’t tell you much.
Saïd elaborated that the role would require that he engage in some very rigorous physical training, and he shared his feelings about playing a "superhero":

I was among hundreds of potential candidates, and I slowly became the favorite. It wasn’t easy. It took me three months... I’ll have to go through extensive physical training. Shooting is scheduled to begin in November and it will take about 6 months, in 4 different countries... Being a super hero was a dream for me as a child. I would have love to travel in time and suppress all the bad things that happened before. I would have also like to have a super strength in order to fight injustice and protect those who are in need and to suppress all mankind sorrows.
Some French speakers have commented in articles about this that the term used in the magazine for "superhero" could simply mean "good guy" versus a villain. But the way Saïd talks about it, it certainly does seem to suggest that he might be playing the role of a character with superpowers.

If in fact Saïd will be playing a superhero, given that Saïd is French-American (dual citizen) who was raised in France and the son of Moroccan immigrants of Berber descent, I think Dr. Fate is a fair bet. I would imagine that the best fit would be Khalid Ben-Hassin among the various iterations of the character.

What would also be kind of cool about this is that it could hint at Wonder Woman being involved with the Justice Society of America. Something like that would probably just be referenced, perhaps. But the whole WWI vintage feel to something like that would be pretty neat.

Myself, I would love it if Saïd is going to play Dr. Fate. I'm really eager to see how magic is developed in the DCEU. Aquaman's Atlantic has magic. I expect Wonder Woman's Isle of Themyscira to have it. Just how they realize magic and mysticism in the DCEU will be really interesting to see.

All speculation obviously, but that's a big part of the fun of this pastime.

Addendum 1: If you look at the article even in its original French version the term "super hero" is used. Is "superhero" really such an ambiguous term in the French language, especially given the current explosion of CBMs and its effect on pop culture and the film industry? Do they really have such an arcane meaning for the term for "superhero" as we understand it in common usage? You can see a screenshot of the article here, in which it is clearly visible that the term "super hero" is used: http://www.**************.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=126993

Addendum 2: A .pdf of the October issue of Ultra may be found here, see p. 16 for the article titled "SAID TAGHMAOUI DANS LA PEAU D’UN SUPER HEROS."

Last edited:
He said he is playing a "nice superhero character" but it was lost in translation and the article is full of hyperboles about that (just as they said Hoyte was going to be the cinematographer and the budget would be of 300 million)...

If he's playing a "superhero", my bet is Congo Bill.

Is there anywhere an English translation of the Ultra article that you've found? The budget for the film is a great question. $300 million would obviously be a lavish budget, but it will be interesting to see what they actually do sink into this film. If WB is confident about BvS doing well, or perhaps extremely well, I wonder what the high end might actually be.

Ultra is a Moroccan magazine published in French. The interview may have been done in Arabic and then translated to French.

Taghmaoui is French and I believe in France and in other French-speaking countries in Europe refer their comics mostly to Franco-Belgian stuff like Tintin, Lucky Luke, The Smurfs, etc.

I read his "I play a superhero character" comment like "I play a (superhero) comic book character". I wonder if he were playing a superpowered baddie, would he have said "I play a malevolent supervillain character"? Or why didn't he just straight up say "I play a superhero"?

All I have to say is... Does he look like a Kent Nelson?

gone gone the form of man, arise the demon......​

Etrigan!​

Etrigan07.jpg

Well then... Does he look like an Arthurian era character, which is the time and place Jason Blood comes from? Granted, you can say that Blood was descended from Roman Empire immigrants to Britain but... Yeah, he don't look like a Jason Blood to me.

Then im going back to the Greek Gods speculation, i guess he could play hermes.

What is there to base this Dr. Fate speculation on anyway other than apparently (and this is news to me) the current Fate being Egyptian? Now, the OLD Nabu, was indeed an Egyptian sorcerer from thousands of years ago but the traditional and class Fate is Kent Nelson. Is it someone else in the New 52? And even if so... Why assume THAT is the version of Fate they will go with? And then from there what evidence is it that Said is playing that character?

Earth 2 Dr. Fate was american-egyptian and current main Earth Dr. Fate is also american-egyptian, both named Khalid.

There's no indication other than his "middle-eastern looks" and the character being related to magic. Considering WWI involves France and that he's French and is in civilian clothes, I assume he's gonna be French.

But could be, after all. Earth 2 Khalid was an archaeologist. This guy could be a scholar.

Last edited:
Earth 2 Dr. Fate was american-egyptian and current main Earth Dr. Fate is also american-egyptian, both named Khalid.

There's no indication other than his "middle-eastern looks" and the character being related to magic. Considering WWI involves France and that he's French and is in civilian clothes, I assume he's gonna be French.

But could be, after all. Earth 2 Khalid was an archaeologist. This guy could be a scholar.

This must all be fairly recent in the comics then.

I got the impression that the most recent Khalid (Nassour) was a modern day medical student. Not sure when Khalid Ben-Hassin's story is set. Wikipedia's blurbs:

Khalid Ben-Hassin
The Earth-2 incarnation of Doctor Fate is an Egyptian man named Khalid Ben-Hassin. Khalid accompanies archaeologist Kendra Saunders while she is exploring a pyramid in Egypt and discovers the Helm of Nabu, but is reluctant to wear it due to Nabu's spirit affecting his thoughts and sanity.[72] After teaming up with other "Wonders" (superpowered heroes), Khalid fights the villain Wotan and discovers the Tower of Fate, Nabu's extradimensional base of operations, and assumes the identity of Dr. Fate.[citation needed] Khalid becomes traumatized and psychologically damaged after he is mercilessly attacked by a brainwashed Superman.[citation needed]

Khalid Nassour
In June 2015, a Doctor Fate series was launched, starring the Earth-0 incarnation of the character, an Egyptian-American med student named Khalid Nassour.[31]

This is the DC Wiki share link for a gallery picture of Khalid Ben-Hassin 001.jpg:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Khalid_Ben-Hassin_(Earth_2)/Gallery?file=Khalid_Ben-Hassin_001.jpg

I think that if he is playing Dr. Fate that it will be an adaptation of some sort to begin with, though.

Last edited:
What is there to base this Dr. Fate speculation on anyway other than apparently (and this is news to me) the current Fate being Egyptian? Now, the OLD Nabu, was indeed an Egyptian sorcerer from thousands of years ago but the traditional and class Fate is Kent Nelson. Is it someone else in the New 52? And even if so... Why assume THAT is the version of Fate they will go with? And then from there what evidence is it that Said is playing that character?

Obviously Saïd Taghmaoui isn't playing Dr Fate or any other superhero for that matter, but it should noted that Kent Nelson hasn't been the regular Dr Fate for decades. Since Crisis actually.

Obviously Saïd Taghmaoui isn't playing Dr Fate or any other superhero for that matter, but it should noted that Kent Nelson hasn't been the regular Dr Fate for decades. Since Crisis actually.

He was the Fate that formed the JLI during the Giffen era and the Fate before the JSA got whammied in ZERO HOUR which were both after COIE, they used the Kent Nelson name again when it was like a nephew of his in the 2000's after Hector Hall had a shot, and he's the MOST associated alter ego of the character, even being the Fate in the STAS episodes if I am not mistaken as well as YOUNG JUSTICE which wasn't that long ago.

Last edited:

It's "obvious"? The Dr. Fate speculation is hardly substantiated, that's certainly true. It's only a speculation for the sake of discussion. But what is the case for (definitely) 'not a superhero'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"