The Amazing Spider-Man The Official ASM Teaser Trailer Thread- PROLOGUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pages and pages devoted to irrelevant variations of, "I can't wait for a trailer!" I say we just stop posting in here until the trailer debuts, it's a tease for people waiting for actual news... Just a thought, please continue due to your own free will.

Trailers attached to movies are movies from the same studio. It wouldn't be smart for Marvel to attach a Sony made Spider-Man trailer with their movie since Avengers and Spider-Man will be competing against each other. So there goes the 'it could be attached to Cap and locked up' idea.

It's more likely to be with Captain America mainly because the people that go to see Captain America will pretty much be the audience they're aiming for with The Amazing Spider-Man.

Very few people know that there's another Spider-Man movie being released, let alone the fact that's it's a reboot. They're going sieze any opportunity they get to start the market train on this thing.

Captain America or Harry Potter. Which one is it more likely to be with?

Pages and pages devoted to irrelevant variations of, "I can't wait for a trailer!" I say we just stop posting in here until the trailer debuts, it's a tease for people waiting for actual news... Just a thought, please continue due to your own free will.

A little countdown thing in this thread would be cool, I'm sure somebody will open up a new thread with download links and after a while, this thread can be merged with that.

It's more likely to be with Captain America mainly because the people that go to see Captain America will pretty much be the audience they're aiming for with The Amazing Spider-Man.

Very few people know that there's another Spider-Man movie being released, let alone the fact that's it's a reboot. They're going sieze any opportunity they get to start the market train on this thing.

Captain America or Harry Potter. Which one is it more likely to be with?

It's not Sony's choice on what film it can be physically attached to unless the movie is a Sony Studio production.

Sony makes Spider-Man. Marvel makes Captain America. They are direct competitors. Marvel would be stupid to allow ASM to be attached to Cap. An Avengers teaser is more likely to be attached to Cap than an ASM teaser.

It's not Sony's choice on what film it can be physically attached to unless the movie is a Sony Studio production.

Sony makes Spider-Man. Marvel makes Captain America. They are direct competitors. Marvel would be stupid to allow ASM to be attached to Cap. An Avengers teaser is more likely to be attached to Cap than an ASM teaser.

Again, it's just about how obvious everything is. Anybody that's seen Thor, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, knows that they're leading up to a big movie called The Avengers.

That's not the case with Spider-Man. The Amazing Spider-Man has been shooting for a much longer period of time than The Avengers has and, as we all know... these movies are effects heavy. The Avengers is going to have a significantly larger amount of effects than The Amazing Spider-Man. I doubt that the effects will be prepared in time for a 1-2 minute teaser.

I'm with Troy..it's about what makes sense and at the same time, The Avengers isn't in direct competition with Spider-man..The Avengers will be out in May, Spidey is in July. By the time Spidey comes out, The Avengers will be winding down it's run..PLUS, Kevin Feige, the guy in charge of Marvel Studios, is executive producing this film and he's already stated that he has had creative input on the script and the casting of the film. He doesn't see it as competition so I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem letting the trailer for a film he worked on be attached to another film he's worked on.

^^ Agreed. WHy would it be a problem? I mean, there really are no other big superhero movies this summer that the trailer can be attached to.

Hence the "PROLOGUE"...we thought the trailer would be here by now, we know this thread will end before the trailer comes this month. When the next thread opens, I'll try doing the countdown thing, and will ask a mod to remove the "PROLOGUE". Maybe the trailer will actually show up. :oldrazz:

Because if you think about it, the Avengers thing was never debunked, and the ASM trailer was pushed back for polishing. It's logical, but not getting my hopes up again. I'm just gonna wait and see what happens....even though it WAS mentioned that it was gonna be with TF3, but wasn't ready. Like I said, it could only be so far off...

^^ Same here, man. Personally I think we ARE going to see the trailer in 17 days.

Might be best to get excited when it actually drops online or at con or whenever it drops..you guys are going to drive yourselves crazy lol and we wouldn't want that would we? Everything is rumor and conjecture until a good news source picks up a story and gets word from the studio saying the trailer will be attached to the movie..besides, I don't think anyone will miss anything from Comic Con so even IF the trailer isn't with Cap, everyone on this board will know everything that is said, done and presented.

Again, it's just about how obvious everything is. Anybody that's seen Thor, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, knows that they're leading up to a big movie called The Avengers.

That's not the case with Spider-Man. The Amazing Spider-Man has been shooting for a much longer period of time than The Avengers has and, as we all know... these movies are effects heavy. The Avengers is going to have a significantly larger amount of effects than The Amazing Spider-Man. I doubt that the effects will be prepared in time for a 1-2 minute teaser.

It's not Sony's choice. It's Marvel's choice whether or not it is physically attached to Cap. I don't know how much more simpler I can make that. It won't be attached to Cap. It doesn't matter if ASM has been shooting longer. That has nothing to do whether or not it's attached to a Marvel Studios movie. It will come in it's own little bin that theater owners will play in front of whatever movie they want.

I'm with Troy..it's about what makes sense and at the same time, The Avengers isn't in direct competition with Spider-man..The Avengers will be out in May, Spidey is in July. By the time Spidey comes out, The Avengers will be winding down it's run..PLUS, Kevin Feige, the guy in charge of Marvel Studios, is executive producing this film and he's already stated that he has had creative input on the script and the casting of the film. He doesn't see it as competition so I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem letting the trailer for a film he worked on be attached to another film he's worked on.

It doesn't matter. Why would Marvel put a Sony movie in front of Cap when they have absolutely nothing to gain from it? It doesn't make sense. The only way that would happen is if Marvel agrees to do it and if they get no money out of it then there is no point.

I think some of you are getting confused. Most of the trailers you see at movies are added to the front of movies by theater owners. It's why you always see people talking about what trailers they got.

I would bet anything that Sony will not come out and say that ASM teaser is attached to Cap. Why? Because it won't be. What is more than likely to happen is the guy up in the projection room will play the trailer before the Cap movie because the theater owner knows that it's the same type of crowd that will return in a year to see ASM.

Dont get excited for anything until sony drops definite word on when the teaser will fall! anything else is just plain speculation with no weight.

It doesn't matter. Why would Marvel put a Sony movie in front of Cap when they have absolutely nothing to gain from it? It doesn't make sense. The only way that would happen is if Marvel agrees to do it and if they get no money out of it then there is no point.

I think some of you are getting confused. Most of the trailers you see at movies are added to the front of movies by theater owners. It's why you always see people talking about what trailers they got.

I would bet anything that Sony will not come out and say that ASM teaser is attached to Cap. Why? Because it won't be. What is more than likely to happen is the guy up in the projection room will play the trailer before the Cap movie because the theater owner knows that it's the same type of crowd that will return in a year to see ASM.

The thing is though, while I agree with you on theater owners being in charge of things like that, most studios now are able to let them know what trailers they want with the movies...and as far as Marvel having nothing to gain, it's still their character..They have something to gain from all of the movies with the Marvel name attached to it to do well because they want to see the benefits from that as far as character interest. Does it always translate? No, but Marvel as a whole wants these movies to do well, whether they're produced by Fox, Sony or Marvel Studios. And again, Marvel Studios has had a hand in this film if the head of the studio is executive producing it and worked on it creatively. Why would he want the film to do bad? Why wouldn't he want to promote the film as best as possible?

The Mission Impossible trailer and Cap trailer attached to Transformers 3 is no coincidence...all three are Paramount films

Also, the reboot will boost Spidey's mainstream popularity again and that could help Marvel out with TV shows and books and stuff so it's good for them in the long-term.

Also, the reboot will boost Spidey's mainstream popularity again and that could help Marvel out with TV shows and books and stuff so it's good for them in the long-term.

Bingo..they have an ultimate spider man cartoon coming out next year, merchandising, comics..whatever..it's all good for Marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back