The Official Atom Thread!!

cuz some one at DC decided they need less white ppl?

He shrunk down after Identity crisis and hid..to get away from his life.

i'm sick of all the changes just so a company can be more PC

Chinese team of heros, Mexican Beetle, Asian Atom, Black Firestorm

The ones in Bold make sence becaue 1 they precessior is dead, or 2ndly, every country should have its own heros

I like the idea of an asian atom. I guess you believe in a realistic world minorities can't be superheroes

kiuju2k said:
I like the idea of an asian atom. I guess you believe in a realistic world minorities can't be superheroes

Even though his comments were slightly racist. The fact is the original atom is still alive. It all really seems unnecessary. But damnit Meltzer knows comic book fans, and ill give it an issue.

racist?

i didnt say i'm not getting it cuz he's asian..it just seems like its unessisary if the guy is alive

Palmer in my opinion, had enough potential to be in his own ongoing.

that cant be your opinion, because thats my opinion!

i think he shoulda showed up in IC and became the hero at the end..or took out eclipso or something

Assassin said:
i think he shoulda showed up in IC and became the hero at the end..or took out eclipso or something

Exactly. I don't like the fact that they created a completely new character without giving an explanation as to what happend to the first mantle holder. I think a decent mention of Palmer in IC would've been the proper way to go, and just about sum it all up.

:) thank you sir.

I dont think Gail Simone is going to make this worth reading, (bad place i dont think Geoff Johns could) unless ray comes back and kicks his ash, and then the new guy can be like the new villan? but a new atom doesnt intrest me at all.

Assassin said:
:) thank you sir.

I dont think Gail Simone is going to make this worth reading, (bad place i dont think Geoff Johns could) unless ray comes back and kicks his ash, and then the new guy can be like the new villan? but a new atom doesnt intrest me at all.

I'm still willing to give it a chance, I just don't want to see Ray forgotten about like this. Hopefully we'll see him again in future issues, or he'll just so happen to be mentioned by someone who knew him and will be shocked that he isn't under that guise anymore. Instead, it'll be someone new.

like i said i'll buy #1, and then its up to gail to keep me interested

Your entitled to say whatever you want. Its just how it sounded thats all. No big deal.

lol i'm middle eastern, you dont see me *****ing about there are no babylonian superheros.

There probably are. What there probably aren't, however, are Guyanese superheroes. I'm cursed to remain unrepresented forever. :(

Its all good assassin. Again its no big deal. I was only making an observation.

I was gonna get this, until I realized the art was by John Byrne. My hatred for Byrne knows no limit.

I'll probably glance at the issue in the store to see what it's like. I'd like to know a bit more about this character before making any rush decisions.

I'll be honest, I'm very tempted to pick this up just because I'm Asian. At the very least, it's nice to have more Asian characters whose codenames and gimmicks aren't things like "Jade Canary," "Bushido," "Katana," "Shang-Chi," etc.

BrianWilly said:
it's nice to have more Asian characters whose codenames and gimmicks aren't things like "Jade Canary," "Bushido," "Katana," "Shang-Chi," etc.

I don't get it

Antitang said:
I don't get it
Not all Asians know martial arts. Hence, it's a stereotype to make nearly every Asian superhero a martial artist.

The real test for the post crisis DC will be.... does Batman come and introduce himself to the new atom by threatening him and telling him this isn't a game or I'll be watching you as he did with all of the other heros who's mantles were taken over by someone else pre crisis!

But I'll give this a few issues to see how it does.

Identity Crisis showed what a great character Ray Palmer could be... there really isn't any reason to replace him.

Especially replacing him, then giving the book to Byrne :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"