The Official Batman Titles Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a fellow Damian fan, i salute you! :woot:

Btw, how is "Emerald Warriors"?

Can't beat a wee bit of Damian, i'm trying to support him enough so that DC don't just kill him once Morrison leaves.

Emerald Warriors is pretty promising, although the dialogue can be really painful at times. Still, 2 issues in and it looks like it's going well.

As far as the Bruce relationship issue is concerned, I think most of us recognise that it's for the best story-wise that Bruce never settles down long-term with anyone.

However, the conflict at the heart of the Bruce/Talia dynamic is what makes it the most interesting for me. Her specific criminal background gives the forbidden aspect a far more solid gorunding than ever was the case with Selina. There was some of that when Catwoman was an actual criminal, but even then an alluring jewel thief simply doesn't compare to the romanticism of the reluctant daughter of the ultimate terrorist.

Which makes it all the more frustrating that Morrison writes her the way he does.

The moment Bruce and Talia share during No Man's Land sums up exactly what i'm trying to get across here.

Can't beat a wee bit of Damian, i'm trying to support him enough so that DC don't just kill him once Morrison leaves.

Emerald Warriors is pretty promising, although the dialogue can be really painful at times. Still, 2 issues in and it looks like it's going well.

As far as the Bruce relationship issue is concerned, I think most of us recognise that it's for the best story-wise that Bruce never settles down long-term with anyone.
Thanks mate!

And since we're on the subject, let me guys show you this.
[YT]UFxDNpyvVko[/YT]

Last edited:
BATMAN, INC. #2
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art and cover by YANICK PAQUETTE& MICHAEL LACOMBE
1:25 Variant cover by ANDY KUBERT

The dynamic new era of Batman continues! The Dark Knight and Mr. Unknown – the Batman of Japan – go up against Lord Death Man. It’s going to be a fight to the end that could see the failure of Batman, Inc. before it’s even begun!

Flash fact: Lord Death Man originally appeared in the Batman manga of the sixties.

acev6c.jpg

Yes.

I personally feel that Bruce has truly loved very few of the women he's been with (Julie Madison, Silver St. Cloud, Talia al Ghul, and Selina Kyle).

With Julie Madison and Silver St. Cloud, Batman got in the way. In order for Bruce to have had a lasting relationship with them, he would have to give up being Batman and settle down.

With Talia, while she accepts Batman, she requires herself to be first and foremost for Bruce. She's angry that Bruce has put Batman above all others, to the point where she thinks that Bruce is incapable of loving her and Damian. Add in the fact that she's a full blown terrorist sorta hurts things as well.

What makes Selina the best for Bruce right now is because she accepts that Batman comes first and foremost for him. But she isn't some woman who is just simply going to accept that and be all doting on him, she makes that up by the adrenaline rush and thrills coming first and foremost for her. Meanwhile they provide fulfill each others physical and emotional needs, they do need someone to love them beyond a platonic love. With Selina, Bruce doesn't have to settle down, he doesn't have to compromise, and most of all Batman still comes first with no one getting emotionally hurt.

batman does not need love. also the world knows that Selina is Catwoman. they will be seen with each other in and out of costume. we don't need him in the tabloids.

batman does not need love. also the world knows that Selina is Catwoman. they will be seen with each other in and out of costume. we don't need him in the tabloids.

I do not think Catwoman is Batman's soul mate

I think they are a good couple

Batman does not pre-ejaculate, thanks to "prep time" :o

es.

I personally feel that Bruce has truly loved very few of the women he's been with (Julie Madison, Silver St. Cloud, Talia al Ghul, and Selina Kyle).

With Julie Madison and Silver St. Cloud, Batman got in the way. In order for Bruce to have had a lasting relationship with them, he would have to give up being Batman and settle down.

With Talia, while she accepts Batman, she requires herself to be first and foremost for Bruce. She's angry that Bruce has put Batman above all others, to the point where she thinks that Bruce is incapable of loving her and Damian. Add in the fact that she's a full blown terrorist sorta hurts things as well.

What makes Selina the best for Bruce right now is because she accepts that Batman comes first and foremost for him. But she isn't some woman who is just simply going to accept that and be all doting on him, she makes that up by the adrenaline rush and thrills coming first and foremost for her. Meanwhile they provide fulfill each others physical and emotional needs, they do need someone to love them beyond a platonic love. With Selina, Bruce doesn't have to settle down, he doesn't have to compromise, and most of all Batman still comes first with no one getting emotionally hurt.
I agree with everything you say and i'd like to add that Selina often breaks his heart when she breaks the law and he has to put her away.

Last edited:
While all of that is true, I still feel that, from a story perspective, Talia provides the conflict that makes things so interesting. It can never be, and that's the point.Selina.....well, with her there is actually the possibility that it could, for all the reasons that you pointed out.

10K lock.

I had a bad joke about using something from a utility belt to create a new thread, but got distracted by the Texas/Texas Tech game. Next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"