The Official Batman Titles Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenAgeHero

Avenger
Reaction score
Did anyone read DC #833? totally unexpected! this is what morrison's joker come back should've been.

Joker pretended to be Ivar loxias(a magician). Batman then contacts Zattanna to help him investigate, so when they visit loxias and starts questioning him,he admits to everything(killing all his assistants,etc). Right after that joker shots zattanna right in the throat,while he traps batman in an electric chair. finally revealing that loxias was the joker all the long(he was wearing a mask)
can't wait till next issue!

Was it the disfigured joker from Morrison's run?

I...really don't get how Morrison's Joker could've come back like that. It would've made absolutely no sense given the story surrounding it.

GAH loves making threads filled to the brim with spoilers. I mean, really.

He actually managed to put the spoiler before the spoiler box.

Yeah, Detective # 833 was definitely a really good issue. It's really rare that you get a nice surprise like that at the end of your comic book with all these spoilers and preview pages scattered around here. It felt good to be truly shocked and surprised once again. Good work Dini. You deserve that smokin' hot wife of yours. :woot:

Man, and herer I thought the issue sucked. But then again, I realized I only read the first half of it, and didn't read the end part. Gotta hate when you're rushed getting to work.

Today I read both Batman #655 and Detective #833.It really showed me how Batman is ok But Detective owns and is the best Batman book on selves.Totally unexpected ending and leaves me really wanting the next issue.Dini has had an awesome run so far.

Today I read both Batman #655 and Detective #833.It really showed me how Batman is ok But Detective owns and is the best Batman book on selves.Totally unexpected ending and leaves me really wanting the next issue.Dini has had an awesome run so far.
Detective sucks.

Granted the fill ins between Dini's issues haven't exactly been stellar but Dini's issues have been great imho.I like what he has done with The Riddler,The New Scarface and the CHirstmas Joker issue was Awesome.Last issue had one hell of a surprise ending the best one I've seen in a while.So I'd like to know why you believe Detective sucks.

Firstly, I felt the writing itself was very bland. Normally, I love, LOVE self-contained issues. Jonah Hex is one of my favorite titles. I greatly enjoyed all of those Batman Strikes! comics due to how they're nothing more than fun, little self-contained adventures. But so far, Dini's self-contained stories just seemed very bland, uninteresting, and - probably worst of all - seem to make the villains of each piece much more interesting than Batman himself.

Secondly, Dini's has given Batman absolutely no characterization to speak though. He's been entirely one-dimensional throughout the entire run. And, as I said above, is downright uninteresting and unlikable. He's a stiff.

Not to mention the art did absolutely nothing but turn me off even more towards the book. Don Kramer shouldn't be on this book. He wasn't originally chosen for it for a very apparent reason; he's just not that good. He's a mediocre artist who should be off doing pointless fill-ins, not one of DC's flagship titles.

Granted the fill ins between Dini's issues haven't exactly been stellar but Dini's issues have been great imho.I like what he has done with The Riddler,The New Scarface and the CHirstmas Joker issue was Awesome.Last issue had one hell of a surprise ending the best one I've seen in a while.So I'd like to know why you believe Detective sucks.

I agree man, Dini's detective issue are great, best batman comic out right now.:yay:

Firstly, I felt the writing itself was very bland. Normally, I love, LOVE self-contained issues. Jonah Hex is one of my favorite titles. I greatly enjoyed all of those Batman Strikes! comics due to how they're nothing more than fun, little self-contained adventures. But so far, Dini's self-contained stories just seemed very bland, uninteresting, and - probably worst of all - seem to make the villains of each piece much more interesting than Batman himself.

Secondly, Dini's has given Batman absolutely no characterization to speak though. He's been entirely one-dimensional throughout the entire run. And, as I said above, is downright uninteresting and unlikable. He's a stiff.

Not to mention the art did absolutely nothing but turn me off even more towards the book. Don Kramer shouldn't be on this book. He wasn't originally chosen for it for a very apparent reason; he's just not that good. He's a mediocre artist who should be off doing pointless fill-ins, not one of DC's flagship titles.
Ok I'll agree with one thing.Dini has made the villains of each issue more interesting then Batman Himself.I can see how someone can have issue with that seeing as Batman should be the focus.I got question for you do you like Morrison version more then Dini?

Ok I'll agree with one thing.Dini has made the villains of each issue more interesting then Batman Himself.I can see how someone can have issue with that seeing as Batman should be the focus.I got question for you do you like Morrison version more then Dini?
Oh yes. I will admit, Morrison's plotting and narrative has left something to be desired (his run doesn't really seem to have a good flow to it yet), but the way he's taken snippets from the classic 70s comics (Bruce Wayne traveling into Europe, the Penthouse, a Playboy Bruce Wayne who is definitely a Playboy), that part of his writing has been fantastic. Batman's interesting, multifaceted, and, most noticeably, incredibly cool.

And obviously, Kubert's a great artist.

who the **** cares about batman? we already know all we need to know about the character. theres nothing interesting in the character, that he needs to be the focus of every damn issue. if DC would've actually taken the character in a new direction while sticking to the core concept. then everything would be different. but they did'nt so stop the *****ing.

I was just praising several aspects of Morrison's interpretation of Batman.

You're obviously drunk or high on something.

Oh yes. I will admit, Morrison's plotting and narrative has left something to be desired (his run doesn't really seem to have a good flow to it yet), but the way he's taken snippets from the classic 70s comics (Bruce Wayne traveling into Europe, the Penthouse, a Playboy Bruce Wayne who is definitely a Playboy), that part of his writing has been fantastic. Batman's interesting, multifaceted, and, most noticeably, incredibly cool.

And obviously, Kubert's a great artist.

exactly what im talking about, we already know this and its already been explored. Morrison ain't doing anything different.

its not like were going to be wow'ed to see bruce on a ****ing ski-trip:whatever:

exactly what im talking about, we already know this and its already been explored. Morrison ain't doing anything different.

its not like were going to be wow'ed to see bruce on a ****ing ski-trip:whatever:
No, you mean Morrison isn't doing anything new. And he isn't. I never said he did.

What he is doing IS different from what Dini's done, and it IS different from what's been done with Batman the past two decades or so.

Look, Batman's like James Bond. Yeah, he's can be a stagnant character at times, but he's a ****ing awesome stagnant character that you want to see over and over again.

I mean, would you want a James Bond movie that's two hours of introspection on some inbred Eastern European with a hair lip and plans for world domination? No, you wouldn't. You would want to see James Bond on a ****ing sk-trip kicking ash and scoring with babes.

Man, this started as some of the most mature fanboy arguing I had seen in a long while... then out came the Blitlers. It's always the Blitlers.

Well, my input on the subject is this; it seems that the Batman title is barely in continuity anymore. The bizarre Morrison Joker with his odd short stories really turned me off. And it's not as if Batman and Son was such a great story anyway. I'm sorry but I find the idea of ninja manbats both disrespectful to the legacies of ninjas and manbats. The fact that Batman has a son should have a little more effect, in the entire DCU, than 4 issues.

But detective comics has a quality, almost timeless feel to it. Maybe it is DC trying to reach out towards a larger audience but I appreciate a comic that my girlfriend or my roommate can pick up and enjoy without reading several tpbs to understand the plot. Dini's detectvie gives you everything you need to know.

So anyways, back to y'all's Blitlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"