The Official Beatles Thread

The greatest and most important band ever in the history of Pop/Rock music.

I know they have received many accolades but for me they can't be praised enough.

In a relatively short time of recording years they changed how to record and make popular songs as well as in the packaging their products in ever kind of medium including videoes to promote their songs.

They are epitome of what a band should be. They came on the scene and then changed it forever.

BEATLES TRIVIA!!!

for 20 points, what was the first beatles song to be recorded on 8 track?

I think it was on the White album.

Hello :)

Come on, Marv, throw us a bone.

yes, it was while my guitar gently weeps.

Dag another of my Beatle trivia sources said that it was 'While My guitar...'but I went with the one that said it was HEY JUDE.

I got a trivia question for you guys concern 'HEY JUDE'

What disagreement did Paul McCartney and George Harrison had concerning the arrangement of Hey Jude?

aahhhh, i remember reading something about that. i suppose i could look it up, but that'd be cheating.

Paul wanted George to play guitar with his head up his arse? :D

Anyone know of any WORTHY Beatles tribute acts that tour the west coast?

Well my old grandpappy used to say...."If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" :woot:

ha, then in that case: George Harrison and McCartney had a disagreement over this song. According to McCartney, during a rehearsal Harrison played an answer to every line of the vocal. This did not fit with McCartney's idea of the song's arrangement, and he vetoed it.

http://www.raintribute.com/

these guys are the most popular beatles tribute acts. they painstakingly to to great lengths to recreate the music exactly as its recorded, note for note.....if your into that sort of thing. i saw a bit of it on TV, came off as kinda '*****y' to me, personally, not a lot of soul in it. but it seems like lots of people are into it.

ha, then in that case: George Harrison and McCartney had a disagreement over this song. According to McCartney, during a rehearsal Harrison played an answer to every line of the vocal. This did not fit with McCartney's idea of the song's arrangement, and he vetoed it.

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!!! :woot:

Okay people: If you could only choose ONE Beatle Album to listen too for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?

For me it's ABBEY ROAD

Not only is it the Beatles best album, but it may be the best of all time.

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!!! :woot:

Okay people: If you could only choose ONE Beatle Album to listen too for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?

For me it's ABBEY ROAD

Not only is it the Beatles best album, but it may be the best of all time.

Either Revolver or Rubber Soul depending what day it is... or in some cases which hour.

im always jumping around as to what my favorite beatles album is. but im sure it'd be either revolver, white album, or abbey road. i suppose, if it were the only one i'd be allowed to listen to forever, i'd have to go with the white album because it has the most on it.

While I love the White Album, I sometimes fell somewhat sad while listening to the songs because it really is the beginning of the end for the fab four as a group.

The album sounds like four individuals instead of a group effort. And I thnk this was the first time that even Ringo wrote a song (Don't Pass me by) taht they used.

And while I marvel at the diversity of the White Album, I like the Beatles when they seem to be in sinc with one another and the direction the album should take.

Best Examples are RUBBER SOUL, SGT.PEPPER (obviously) and ABBEY ROAD.

American English is pretty good from what I've heard. Sister's friend dated Ringo's counterpart.

Favorite song everyone?
At the moment

looking through you

You Know My Name Look Up The Number. That is one sick song.:D

http://www.raintribute.com/

these guys are the most popular beatles tribute acts. they painstakingly to to great lengths to recreate the music exactly as its recorded, note for note.....if your into that sort of thing. i saw a bit of it on TV, came off as kinda '*****y' to me, personally, not a lot of soul in it. but it seems like lots of people are into it.

These guys had a show near me recently. Wanted to check them out but I never ended up going to see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"