The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed our new Sports sub-forum did not have a Boxing thread. So without further ado, here it is. Post all Boxing news and fights in here. All boxing is to be contained in here. Events cannot have seperate threads, per Matt. :up:

why because he got dropped lol

pac man has been put to sleep

mayweather has been rocked

sergio has been dropped before it isn't anything new

why because he got dropped lol

pac man has been put to sleep

mayweather has been rocked

sergio has been dropped before it isn't anything new

Ummm, yeah. I didn't see a fighter that could beat Pacman or Mayweather. Everybody was claiming that Martinez was going to put Chavez Jr to sleep by the fourth, but he never placed Julio in deep trouble at any point in the fight.

From what I saw, I don't think Sergio has what it takes to beat Mayweather or Pacman.

Last edited:
what you saw was a middleweight vs a cruiserweight and you're comparing said cruiserweight to welterweights. apples and oranges. he'd spark both.

No way. Martinez is definitely not faster than Mayweather. Floyd would lit up Sergio with his counters.

And in a gunslingin' brawl, I'd still take Pacquiao over Martinez. Manny's chin appears stronger than Sergio's.

sergio likely hit's harder and to be honest he did'nt hit chavez with any clean shots it was mostly jabs

At any rate, I think the rankings are accurate after what I saw from Martinez tonight. I didn't see anything that made me believe that Martinez is the Pound-For-Pound King.

1.) Floyd Mayweather Jr

2.) Manny Pacquiao

3.) Sergio Martinez

I'll believe when I see it. Until then, I have Pacman TKOing Maravilla in 9 rounds.

Last edited:
where do you have andre ward at he is arguably the best boxer in boxing

At any rate, I think the rankings are accurate after what I saw from Martinez tonight. I didn't see anything that made me believe that Martinez is the Pound-For-Pound King.

1.) Floyd Mayweather Jr

2.) Manny Pacquiao

3.) Sergio Martinez

I'll believe when I see it. Until then, I have Pacman TKOing Maravilla in 9 rounds.

I'm definitely putting Ward 2nd and Pac 3rd.

As far as this fight goes, we all know JCC isn't the boxer Sergio is, but he still almost made up for it. Had he pressed the issue earlier, he might've gotten Martinez out of there.

lol. so because they're slightly faster, its a whitewash for either floyd or manny? absurd. and floyd throws one punch at a time. you think sergio's just gonna let him do what he wants? and in a gunslinging brawl, manny would get his ass beat something serious. let me see how much better his chin is after he gets decked by a cruiserweight before we go talking about how much better it is. his team still salty they couldn't drain cotto again. nevermind him fighting an actual jr middle/middleweight in sergio.

and now I'm reading that sergio had a broken hand and tore some knee ligaments, and jr still couldn't knock him out. joke.

I'm definitely putting Ward 2nd and Pac 3rd.

As far as this fight goes, we all know JCC isn't the boxer Sergio is, but he still almost made up for it. Had he pressed the issue earlier, he might've gotten Martinez out of there.

I'd rank Ward higher but at 26-0, I'll wait just alittle bit longer. If Andre continues to beat down his opposition in similar fashion, then Ward at #2 would be justifiable.

Agreed. JCC Jr got dominated for 11 rounds by the superior talent. Sergio outclassed him with speed and technique. Yet, we'll always wonder what would've happened had JCC Jr unloaded on Martinez in the mid-rounds. Oh well. Chavez Jr received a gift, in my opinion. This loss will serve him well in the long run.

ЯɘvlveR;24328105 said:
lol. so because they're slightly faster, its a whitewash for either floyd or manny? absurd. and floyd throws one punch at a time. you think sergio's just gonna let him do what he wants? and in a gunslinging brawl, manny would get his ass beat something serious. let me see how much better his chin is after he gets decked by a cruiserweight before we go talking about how much better it is. his team still salty they couldn't drain cotto again. nevermind him fighting an actual jr middle/middleweight in sergio.

Blah blah blah. I've heard these arguments before when arriving to Mayweather and Pacquaio, and yet here we are.

Slightly? Mayweather is Flash. Sergio is Quicksilver. It's not even close.

ЯɘvlveR;24328139 said:
and now I'm reading that sergio had a broken hand and tore some knee ligaments, and jr still couldn't knock him out. joke.

Perhaps you missed the 12th round? Sergio was on his way out after he caught.

Anywho, Canelo isn't getting enough love here. So after obliterating Lopez last night, a few high-profile names are being tossed around as the next potential opponent.

Miguel Cotto
Sergio Martinez
Floyd Mayweather

Who should he get next?

If it were up to me, I'd pick Cotto simply because Alvarez is still very young. This way we'll see where Canelo stands as a young gun. If he beats Cotto convincingly, then I would love to see Saul fight Martinez.

Ummm, yeah. I didn't see a fighter that could beat Pacman or Mayweather. Everybody was claiming that Martinez was going to put Chavez Jr to sleep by the fourth, but he never placed Julio in deep trouble at any point in the fight.

From what I saw, I don't think Sergio has what it takes to beat Mayweather or Pacman.
We agree about a lot of things but this is not one! Martinez was in the ring against a MUCH bigger guy. They didn't even look like they should be in the same league. Martinez picked Chavez a part all night. He hit him at will. Chavez really got lucky on that punch but again, the dude looked almost like a heavyweight so it's no wonder he shook off a lot of Martinez's punches. Chavez got schooled and Martinez is the real deal.
ЯɘvlveR;24327363 said:
what you saw was a middleweight vs a cruiserweight and you're comparing said cruiserweight to welterweights. apples and oranges. he'd spark both.

Truer words have never been spoken. Chavez was probably around 190 tonight which is why he refused to step on the scale. He had the guy by at least 30 lbs so no wonder he almost knocked Martinez out. But it was a great fight though.

1.) Floyd Mayweather Jr

2.) Manny Pacquiao

3.) Sergio Martinez

My rankings are like this:

1) Floyd Mayweather
2) Andre Ward
3) Sergio Martinez

I'm sorry but Manny lost to Marquez in the eyes of the world and officially lost to Bradley, though I think Manny won that fight. Plus he's clearly lost a step. Manny is quite possibly the most popular boxer right now(up there with Mayweather)but he is not top 3 still. Top 5, yes, but not top 3.

Oh, I definitely agree to that Docker2.0. Manny has lost to Marquez not once but twice, in my opinion. So, unofficially, Pacquaio doesn't deserve the number two spot on the P4P list. Manny is also starting to show signs of an aging fighter but I'm just not seeing Martinez as the stronger boxer at the moment. I believe, if the two were to meet next week, that Pacman would catch Sergio napping in the later rounds.

Oh, I definitely agree to that Docker2.0. Manny has lost to Marquez not once but twice, in my opinion. So, unofficially, Pacquaio doesn't deserve the number two spot on the P4P list. Manny is also starting to show signs of an aging fighter but I'm just not seeing Martinez as the stronger boxer at the moment. I believe, if the two were to meet next week, that Pacman would catch Sergio napping in the later rounds.

I actually think Pacman would give Martinez problems with the speed and volume of punches he throws. Honestly, it's Mayweather I'm not sure that would beat Martinez. Styles makes fights and I can see Martinez giving Mayweather problems. I know, Mayweather is probably the best fighter in the world but I can see Martinez's style frustrating him. But I'm ranking Martinez ahead of Pacman because he's fighter better fighters. Paq is fighting the same fighters over and over again. I usually buy all of his fights but I am not buying the Marquez fight again. It's just not worth it. Arum should have went all out and got him and Mayweather in the ring together.

Honestly, I'm surprised Marquez agreed to a fourth fight. After 'losing' to Pacman for a third time, Juan appeared so disheartened. So I imagine JMM is either determined to beat Manny officially or Arum offered a crazy amount of money.

Here's the problem with Sergio fighting Mayweather though, Floyd still possesses lightning speed and great defense. So while I do believe Martinez could knock him out, I doubt Sergio is fast enough to harm Floyd.

Blah blah blah. I've heard these arguments before when arriving to Mayweather and Pacquaio, and yet here we are.

Slightly? Mayweather is Flash. Sergio is Quicksilver. It's not even close.
right. so what's this supposed to mean anyway? i mean really, if both of those guys felt the way you did, they'd fight him. beating the lineal LEGIT middleweight champion of the world does wonders for both fighters anemic resume, but they know better. both of them and the people around them know what the **** they're talking about. floyd got busted up by ****ing cotto, who's not even in sergio's universe. but floyd is the flash. :lmao:

Perhaps you missed the 12th round? Sergio was on his way out after he caught.
of course i did which is why I'm talking about it right? that's the point. he had the perfect and his only opportunity, and he didn't capitalize.

Last edited:
ЯɘvlveR;24328743 said:
right. so what's this supposed to mean anyway? i mean really, if both of those guys felt the way you did, they'd fight him. beating the lineal LEGIT middleweight champion of the world does wonders for both fighters anemic resume, but they now better. they, and the people around them know what the **** they're talking about. floyd got busted up by ****ing cotto, who's not even in sergio's universe. but floyd is the flash. :lmao:

Take that up with management. A Mayweather-Pacquiao fight has yet to even materialize. So take that for what you will.

Floyd is not in Sergio's universe? :lmao: I don't what you're smoking, but hook me up.

Mayweather outworked and outlanded Cotto. Just because Miguel was able to cut off the ring at times during the mid-rounds doesn't mean Cotto 'beat that ***'. In fact, as I remember it, Mayweather hurt Cotto several times during the fight, especially in the 12th.

ЯɘvlveR;24328743 said:
floyd got busted up by ****ing cotto, who's not even in sergio's universe.

honestly, is that too difficult to understand?

I actually think Pacman would give Martinez problems with the speed and volume of punches he throws. Honestly, it's Mayweather I'm not sure that would beat Martinez. Styles makes fights and I can see Martinez giving Mayweather problems. I know, Mayweather is probably the best fighter in the world but I can see Martinez's style frustrating him. But I'm ranking Martinez ahead of Pacman because he's fighter better fighters. Paq is fighting the same fighters over and over again. I usually buy all of his fights but I am not buying the Marquez fight again. It's just not worth it. Arum should have went all out and got him and Mayweather in the ring together.

a pacquiao martinez fight would be interesting. both guys are quite similar, and as a lefty, I like both guys. it would be interesting to see how serg deals with pac's speed, and pac martinez size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"