The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to get tickets months ago but they were so expensive, even for cheap seats. I will just order it and watch it on tv. I can't wait!

Yeah this is the sort of fight I'd be glad to pay for.

I think Cotto might just do it. Martinez coming back from a long term knee injury and in his last fight went life and death with Martin Murray. Cotto with the crowd behind him at The Garden because you know those Puerto Ricans will make a ton of noise in there the atmosphere will be great.

Probably the fight I'll be most excited about all year. Like I've been saying, taking nothing away from Sergio, but I just don't believe he's the same guy anymore. And Cotto has a lot of tools, he can be as crafty as the best of them or as aggressive as need be. His inside fighting is very underrated. But, that's why they fight, so we shall see if any of that rings true or not...

Yeah this is the sort of fight I'd be glad to pay for.

I think Cotto might just do it. Martinez coming back from a long term knee injury and in his last fight went life and death with Martin Murray. Cotto with the crowd behind him at The Garden because you know those Puerto Ricans will make a ton of noise in there the atmosphere will be great.
Not. Going. To. Happen.
Probably the fight I'll be most excited about all year. Like I've been saying, taking nothing away from Sergio, but I just don't believe he's the same guy anymore. And Cotto has a lot of tools, he can be as crafty as the best of them or as aggressive as need be. His inside fighting is very underrated. But, that's why they fight, so we shall see if any of that rings true or not...

LOL! I will gladly take a bet with you guys! This ain't going 7 rounds! Sergio is going to slaughter Cotto. I give him credit for taking the fight but man is he outgunned!

So no one is going to take the bet!?! LOL! Cotto has no chance. I respect him for taking on all comers but man is he out of his league on this one. I'm betting some friends from work(all Puerto Rican)that Sergio is going to dominate Cotto. They all took the bet. I will be a couple of hundred dollars richer on Sunday. :)

I don't bet man i've been in pretty bad shape of the years when it comes to gambling. Trying not to go down that path for a couple of years now.

I understand. I bet on the Falcons in the playoffs two years ago, look at me now!! :argh:

And again, I'm not hating on Cotto. I just think that sometimes people let race and loyalty blind their common sense. When I went to the Philippines this year, there were some pinoys insisting that Pacquio would beat and knock out Andre Ward right now(no joke!)even though they are not in the same weight class. :dry: It's the same thing with this fight. Sergio has every single advantage you can think of over Cotto, with the exception of age but dude is a bicyclist and those dudes never seem to get tired so I don't get the age thing. Cotto has absolutely no advantage over Sergio. Not one. That's why my coworkers bet me because even if I thought Cotto had a chance, there's no way I'd bet on the crap because it's to dicey.

I'd factor in the raucous crowd at MSG and that Cotto is younger. Martinez last time out went life and death with Martin Murray. Also considering we're not sure how well he's recovered from that serious knee injury he had it makes me think Cotto has a good chance.

Had this fight happened pre injury I'd have bet on Martinez to win it.

Sergio has always fought bigger guys and his last two fights are no different. Cotto is the only guy he has fought that is smaller than him. But Cotto fights like a big guy by trying to attack the body and brawl inside. Sergio is one of the few fighters that love pressure which is why I don't know why he took this fight. Cotto is taylor made for a KO tonight.

Miguel Angel Cotto, the linear and legitimate Middleweight Champion of the World. :)

Great performance from Cotto, who looked completely superior from the opening bell, not to mention the 3 first round knockdowns. Sergio's looked done. His knees were stiff all night. Had nothing for Cotto. Without his athleticism Cotto picked him apart.

Martinez has been poor in his last few fights. So i was not too surprised.

Martinez has been poor in his last few fights. So i was not too surprised.
He looked good against Chavez, but Chavez kind of sucks outside of his massive size advantage, so not much to get from that.

As much as I love Sergio, he never had the craft of a Cotto, Mayweather, etc. As soon as he started going physically, he wasn't going to be close to the same kind of force. This is a guy who is no stranger to getting knocked down, even when he had the movement. Roach picked this one perfectly. He knew exactly what was going to happen. All Sergio had was his size here, and his skill and style meant it was no use for him.

I have never seen anyone more wrong with a fight prediction in my life, maybe outside of a friend who guaranteed me Hatton would knockout Floyd.

I know, I know! :facepalm: What the freak was Cotto on?!?! Sergio's knee just wouldn't hold up. Cotto looked like a straight beast tonight. Now that Cotto won that belt, I'd advise him to move back down to 154. He got Martinez at the right time, I can't see that happening with GGG, and this is from someone who thinks GGG is grossly overrated.

He's become a beast with Roach. They are perfect together.

Now I have to pay these Ricans at work on Monday. Now my sugar babies won't have any milk money for the babies. :csad:

He's become a beast with Roach. They are perfect together.
Cotto is one of my all time favorite 3 fighters, maybe my favorite. I adore him, but this was classic Roach cherry picking. He knew exactly what he was going to get from Sergio, just like he knew just how much Oscar would have at 147 against Manny. Walking dead served on a plate.

Still, I am very happy for him. His best performance is still the Mayweather fight, though he lost almost every round.

I know, I know! :facepalm: What the freak was Cotto on?!?! Sergio's knee just wouldn't hold up. Cotto looked like a straight beast tonight. Now that Cotto won that belt, I'd advise him to move back down to 154. He got Martinez at the right time, I can't see that happening with GGG, and this is from someone who thinks GGG is grossly overrated.
As much as I love Cotto, Golovkin would destroy Cotto imo. It would be like the first Margarito fight, except it would be from the first round and actually legal.

Now I have to pay these Ricans at work on Monday. Now my sugar babies won't have any milk money for the babies. :csad:
And that is why you should never bet. Think of the children. :oldrazz:

I feel like a healthy Sergio would have won this fight. His length and movement would have won it for him imo. But the reason why I was undecided on this fight was the unknown about his health. Once Sergio lost the movement battle, he was done.

Cotto is one of my all time favorite 3 fighters, maybe my favorite. I adore him, but this was classic Roach cherry picking. He knew exactly what he was going to get from Sergio, just like he knew just how much Oscar would have at 147 against Manny. Walking dead served on a plate.

Still, I am very happy for him. His best performance is still the Mayweather fight, though he lost almost every round.

As much as I love Cotto, Golovkin would destroy Cotto imo. It would be like the first Margarito fight, except it would be from the first round and actually legal.
Agreed! Roach has said numerous times, heck Sergio said even himself that they took the fight because they thought he wasn't 100%, turns out they all were right. Sounds like Sergio's career is over. :csad:

I told ya man Martinez knees had gone he barely beat Martin Murray in his last fight. I expected Cotto to win but not like this. Truthfully the fight was done in the first round after the three knockdowns. He'd have to climbed Everest one handed to beat Cotto after that.

Cotto lineal middleweight champion he can fight the likes of Peter Quillin (WBO) champ and get that belt.

Golovkin has fought nobodies I'd like to see him fight someone who doesn't go down the first time he's tagged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"