Not open for further replies.
No Canelo, you don't want to fight GGG like that. :funny:

And Kirkland is more delusional then Manny. :eek:

And damn is Canelo's girl fine. :woot:

No Canelo, you don't want to fight GGG like that. :funny:

And Kirkland is more delusional then Manny. :eek:

And damn is Canelo's girl fine. :woot:

Perv!

Man does Canelo get gassed really easily. Dude was tired after the 2nd round. I will say that GGG fights the fight the Canelo likes. People don't want to give Canelo a chance but I give him an excellent chance of beating GGG, who has suspect defense(so does Canelo)............and that's it. It will be a brawler's fight.

Canelo's best chance is to box GGG. GGG is bigger, stronger, with a good chin and a much bigger punch. The way GGG mixes up his shots, Canelo would be gassed rather early again, which would make him dead meat against a machine like GGG.

Last night was one of those fights that goes the way you totally expect. Three rounds of brawling ending with a brutal knockout.

Kirkland is so freakin stupid though! Dude hasn't won one fight without Ann Wolfe and is undefeated with her. I don't know who's idea it was for him to get rid of her during the biggest fight of his career but they need to be fired. This wasn't the fight to get rid of her. Also, I think Canelo gets gassed because of him having to cut weight. If he went up to 160, he probably wouldn't get tired so quickly.

Kirkland got blasted on jeez. I feel Canelo can take Cotto but please keep him away from GGG.

Any of you guys watch Anthony Joshua, up and comer in the heavyweight division? Olympic gold and 12 KOs from 12 fights. Yet to be tested but this guy has a lot going for him. Height, speed, serious power and athleticism. Will be interesting when he goes up against someone worthwhile.

Any of you guys watch Anthony Joshua, up and comer in the heavyweight division? Olympic gold and 12 KOs from 12 fights. Yet to be tested but this guy has a lot going for him. Height, speed, serious power and athleticism. Will be interesting when he goes up against someone worthwhile.

Yep he's going to be a beast. He's fighting Kevin Johnson next, a big steep up in class who's never been stopped.

Yep he's going to be a beast. He's fighting Kevin Johnson next, a big steep up in class who's never been stopped.

I knew he was fighting Kevin Johnson but didn't know the guy had never been stopped. This should really be a test for his KO power. I don't think many would have fared well against the KO punch he gave to Zumbano in his last fight (although that guy looked terrible). I hope Klitschko is still around when Joshua gets to world title level. Also would love to see Joshua knock out Fury and the rest of the ******** British heavyweights.

He's going to be a future champ, it's going to be ace seeing him bring the belts back to Britain

In the heavyweight division? No way! Wilder is the real deal! The Bronze Bomber ain't no joke!

PS- didn't know the heavyweight division had so many bums! How do all these guys get all these cab drivers lined up to fight?

Heavyweight division always will have more bums than any other division. It's just the way it is. more big guys' think they can be boxers than anyone else.

He's going to be a future champ, it's going to be ace seeing him bring the belts back to Britain
I really think he can do that. Best guy I've seen at this level that I can remember. And he has all the tools to succeed. Can't wait for him to step up to face some serious guys. Want to see how much the jabs and power punches affect these guys and how frequently he can land against better pros.

Kirkland is so freakin stupid though! Dude hasn't won one fight without Ann Wolfe

Yes, he has. He began his career without her, and he won a pair of comeback fights without her after his second stint in prison.

As much as I love Boxing (I used to watch Tuesday Night Fights on USA religiously in the 90s) I think this recent fight proved that Boxing is dying a rapid horrible death!

Boxing has too many weigth classes and even more World Titles. Once some guy who is 15-0 wins some WBF World title he refuses to unify his belt or fight the number 1 contender of another sanctioning body.

Or you get guys like Floyd Mayweather who are allowed to have a personal referee.

In order to fix Boxing the following things need to happen.

1. Removal of ALL the World Sanctioning groups. One World title for each weight class!! Create One World title per class that all the Promoters, and Athletic Commissions will use for Boxing.

2. State Athletic Commissions should be the ones who assign referees for fights NOT the fighter or the promoter.

3. Work network tv such as NBC, Fox Sports and Espn to show case world title fights leave the mega fights for PPV.

4 Eliminate the Atomweight class. There is only 3 lbs difference between the Strawweight and Atomweight classes. You could probably even eliminate the Strawweight class too.

I am savoring Canelo/Cotto.

That will be the fight that gets the bad taste that Mayweather/Pac left.

Boxing will be so better off once Mayweather retires and Haymon's company go belly up. They're the ones that are killing boxing.

Yes, he has. He began his career without her, and he won a pair of comeback fights without her after his second stint in prison.

I mean against name fighters. Anyone can beat a cab driver.

For anyone who said Boxing is dying must not be a boxing fan. All the people who love boxing knew Floyd isn't an exciting fighter. For those of us who know Boxing, we were much looking for to Canelo - Kirkland and WOW!!! Did it PAY OFF !!!!

For those who aren't into Boxing and feel its dying only know Mayweather / Pacquiao and I feel bad for what you are missing....

After Mayweather / Pac retire, there will be new superstars that emerge. It happens every generation. And now that Showtime / HBO know the proper techniques to market and promote their fights - I would go as far to say that the next group of superstars will be even bigger than Floyd / Pac.

Who do I think will be the next big thing ? GGG, Canelo, Crawford, Wilder, Kovalev (who killed someone in the ring already) & Andre Ward (boring style, but that didnt stop Floyd from making 100+ million).

If you think Boxing is dead, you are sadly mistaken because for the past two months everyone and their grandmother are talking boxing. And Boxing just signed deals to have it televised on NBC, TrueTV, BET, CBS, SpikeTV, and of course already has ESPN2 deal (plus HBO / Showtime naturally). Boxing is growing because with Pac / Mayweather, despite it being a boring fight, showed the networks and the 'suits' that this sport can make a ton of money if you promote the fighters correctly with the correct exposure.

I want to know which fight my fellow SHH members would like to see more - Canelo vs. GGG or Andre Ward vs. GGG ??

Shannon "The Canon" Briggs is. LET'S GO CHAMP!

Lol his crazy ass needs to re-learn how to keep his shirt on in interviews, looking like Ahmed Johnson. I think he missed his true calling, should be in WWE...

I want to know which fight my fellow SHH members would like to see more - Canelo vs. GGG or Andre Ward vs. GGG ??

Either one honestly. I'm just not getting on that GGG bandwagon yet until I see him beat someone legit.

Last edited:
For anyone who said Boxing is dying must not be a boxing fan. All the people who love boxing knew Floyd isn't an exciting fighter. For those of us who know Boxing, we were much looking for to Canelo - Kirkland and WOW!!! Did it PAY OFF !!!!

For those who aren't into Boxing and feel its dying only know Mayweather / Pacquiao and I feel bad for what you are missing....

To the average fan Boxing IS dying! Boxing is a spectator sport that needs the average to novice fan to buy tickets and PPVs just like in any other Sport to keep it going.

After Mayweather / Pac retire, there will be new superstars that emerge. It happens every generation. And now that Showtime / HBO know the proper techniques to market and promote their fights - I would go as far to say that the next group of superstars will be even bigger than Floyd / Pac.

Who do I think will be the next big thing ? GGG, Canelo, Crawford, Wilder, Kovalev (who killed someone in the ring already) & Andre Ward (boring style, but that didnt stop Floyd from making 100+ million).

If you think Boxing is dead, you are sadly mistaken because for the past two months everyone and their grandmother are talking boxing. And Boxing just signed deals to have it televised on NBC, TrueTV, BET, CBS, SpikeTV, and of course already has ESPN2 deal (plus HBO / Showtime naturally). Boxing is growing because with Pac / Mayweather, despite it being a boring fight, showed the networks and the 'suits' that this sport can make a ton of money if you promote the fighters correctly with the correct exposure.

Shows suit people can make money? LOL DUDE everyone I have talked to has said that they will never buy another PPV again after the Mayweather Pac Man fight. Boxing needs the average fan far more that the die hards because there are more novice fans than there are die hard fans.

Just look at the UFC for example every fight from prelims to Main Event are stacked. Boxing IS dying simply because they refuse to force people to fight.

"Why should I fight a (tough fight) that guy!? He isn't even rated in the top 5 in the IBO!! I am 18-0 and the IFO World Champ. I am the CHamp, I get to choose who I fight." That IS the reason why Boxing is dying! Too many champs. too many egos. Force people to fight each other! Stack the Undercards! Boxing needs to eliminate all those World titles. That will force people to fight each other for securing a Title shot.

"Why should I fight a (tough fight) that guy!? He isn't even rated in the top 5 in the IBO!! I am 18-0 and the IFO World Champ. I am the CHamp, I get to choose who I fight." That IS the reason why Boxing is dying! Too many champs. too many egos. Force people to fight each other! Stack the Undercards! Boxing needs to eliminate all those World titles. That will force people to fight each other for securing a Title shot.

If all that's true, boxing would've been dead years ago. The same "casual" fans had the same criticisms about Roy Jones when he was at the top, claiming he was ducking people, not knocking enough people out, yadda yadda yadda. When Tyson was knocking people out in 1-2 minutes, there was outrage over that too, because the fight was over too quick and fans paid money and wanted something "more" so it is what it is.

It's still here, and will be long after each of us is gone. Now whether it's a niche sport like Hockey or becomes more prominent again is another story. But to say it's going anywhere is sort of disrespectful to the history it already has...

If all that's true, boxing would've been dead years ago. The same "casual" fans had the same criticisms about Roy Jones when he was at the top, claiming he was ducking people, not knocking enough people out, yadda yadda yadda. When Tyson was knocking people out in 1-2 minutes, there was outrage over that too, because the fight was over too quick and fans paid money and wanted something "more" so it is what it is.

There is a HUGE difference between Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr and Floyd Mayweather! A HUGE difference. With Tyson there was excitement. Yes there was frustration.

For example my Dad is a stereotypical CHEAP Greek. I remember when he shelled out the $$ for the Tyson vs Spinks fight and missed the fight when he went into the kitchen for a beer.

Atleast how ever short Tyson's fights were you got your money's worth with Iron Mike. Mayweather, not even close. He hungs all night and runs. Mark my words he will retire before he fights Pac Man again. He did it to De La Hoya.

Roy Jones Jr in his prime was unbeatable. He used Near Super Hero Like athleticism to win fights. He relied on his physical skills so much that he never bothered to learn defense, simply because he never had too. When Roy dropped down from Heavyweight something changed in Jones Jr. He lose a little of that athleticism. He became "mortal" and with the lack defensive skill he became vulnerable. I personally wish he would retire. He is embarrassing his legacy just like Evander was.

It's still here, and will be long after each of us is gone. Now whether it's a niche sport like Hockey or becomes more prominent again is another story. But to say it's going anywhere is sort of disrespectful to the history it already has...

I can agree with this statement!!

I just wish Boxing would take a page from the UFC. Force guys to fight. Buy having only 1 World title per weight class that will force guys to fight each other for a title shot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"