The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 1

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Thread Manager, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

Fine! I won't derail this thread so who do you think wins in a rematch between Maravilla and JCC Jr?

2. DoomsdayApex Registered

I thought that was off?

Canelo is currently pushing hard for Martinez.

3. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

No my friend. According to ESPN, Maravilla's manager said that's all bs and don't believe a word of it. They haven't spoken to anyone from Canelo's camp. The way Canelo is protected, I believe what he's saying. No way would they allow him near Martinez.

4. DoomsdayApex Registered

Eh, I tend not to buy what managers say. I've heard all the garbage Mosely's, Jones', Mayweather's, Carwin's, Pacquiao's, Margarito's, Silva's, etc managers have said over the years.

Right now, according to the rumors, Canelo is asking for Martinez, Mayweather or Cotto. If he doesn't get neither one of those names, then I'll find credibility in those statements by Martinez's manager. Until then, it's all political.

5. Doc Samson Superhero Psychiatrist

Well, considering what I said might happen the first time almost did in that last round, I would expect JCC to be much more aggressive from the start. If he can actually get his ass in the gym and apply some craft to his jab, which is already decent when he feels like throwing it, he could neutralize Sergio much easier.

Martinez is a world class boxer, I respect and love to watch him fight, but I questioned his chin against guys his own size in the past. Dealing with JCC again, if the dude takes the fight seriously this time, could be problematic if he gets caught earlier in the bout. If JCC commits to the jab, I think he'll catch him again, and get him out of there this time.

6. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

Canelo's camp doesn't believe he's ready for Mayweather but they believe he's ready for Martinez? Sorry, not buying it.

7. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

Hahaha! Won't happen. JCC is just that arrogant. And even if he does, I can see Maravilla taking it more serious as well.

8. DoomsdayApex Registered

Well, I don't believe Canelo is ready for Mayweather, but Martinez is another story. I don't see what you see. Sergio, to me, is not on Floyd's level, and I certainly didn't see anything exponentially impressive as he beat JCC Jr.

9. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

We agree to disagree. Martinez is possibly the most feared middleweight right now and actually has to go and fight bigger fighters. He's up there with Mayweather, but they are just different fighters. They are easily top 3 p4p fighters.

10. DoomsdayApex Registered

I'll concede to that. There's only three top Boxers in the world, and they're Pacquiao, Mayweather and Martinez. However, if I had to choose the 'safer' opponent, I'd pick Martinez. Even if Canelo were to lose, I say it would be a valuable loss. I'll tell you right now, JCC Jr learned alot about himself after that beating he took. Chavez can improve and become a better boxer but that's all on him (he has to mature and build on skillset). That's why I believe Canelo needs to fight Cotto or Martinez next -- win or lose, it'll be beneficial.

11. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

I actually think Pacquio is safer. He's clearly lost a step and his defense is highly questionable. And I do agree Canelo needs better competition but his own camp is stopping him from fighting elite fighters. They are giving him straight cupcake fighters and I can understand in a way but sooner or later, he has to fight someone with a name. JCC Jr. did it with Martinez and hopefully he can do the same.

12. ЯɘvlveR danneB

anyone watch garcia vs morales?

its time for erik to hang them up.

13. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

Yeah I saw it. Garcia fights ackward. It's easy to understand why fighters underestimate him but he seems legit. He's earned my respect.

14. Doc Samson Superhero Psychiatrist

Damn just heard about Emanuel Steward, that was shocking. For his age, he seemed to be in great shape & spirits. An icon for sure, definitely will be missed...

15. ЯɘvlveR danneB

yeah man. i don't even know what to say.

rest in peace manny.

he'll truly be missed. boxing's got a huge hole in their heart right now.

16. hugo32 Registered

Thanks for sharing this post with us. I'm sure many people gain benefit from it. hope to see more amazing post on your forum.

17. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

Which one? :huh:

18. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

Broner is putting a major whippin on Demarco.

19. ЯɘvlveR danneB

get well soon camacho.

20. Doc Samson Superhero Psychiatrist

Damn Macho man, hope he pulls through. Sounds like it was a targeted hit, I don't want to speculate but I pray he didn't fall out with the wrong people.

21. FCEEVIPER Rubber bullets. Honest

My thoughts and prayers to him, his family and friends.

22. Iron_Stark Pepperony 3000

RIP Camacho, you will be missed.

Great win by Guerrero, that was a good fight.

Hatton needs to retire, again.

23. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

It was a good fight and the Ghost definitely won, but the ref was horrible. There was so much illegal crap going on in the fight that he blatantly ignored that I couldn't blame Berto after the fight.

24. Doc Samson Superhero Psychiatrist

Agreed, but Berto needed to realize that and match his approach. Still, fight of the year for me.

25. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

I didn't understand why he didn't throw that uppercut more. It was there all night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.