The Official Captain America Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guice is on fire. The first thing I thought about after reading 613 was that the issue was probably my favorite of his so far. I loved the ending. That's some classic art there!

Guice, Immonen, Marcos Martin, Camuncoli.....best artists in Marvel right now.

Captain America: Man Out of Time #3

66gjfr.jpg

I don't really follow the Marvel books monthly (I tend to just collect them hc/tpb form, except for a few notables), and I have a question: that apocalyptic future Steve Rogers glimpsed at the end of Reborn...any progress on what/when that was? Could it be this upcoming "Fear Itself" event?

Those War of the Worlds ships popped up in the first Avengers arc but there was no explanation behind them. They appeared when multiple time rifts opened in NYC.

Just wanted to post this awesome cover from Fear Itself: Sin's Past coming out in April.

FEARITSIN_COV_col.jpg

The one small complaint I have of Butch Guice's artwork is he tends to draw people with their 60's looks (i.e. Black Widows hairstyle).

Just looks like long hair with bangs to me. Same one she has in the Avengers cartoon. Did she have another hairstyle that was not like that? I know she had short hair during Harras' Avengers run, but that was like 20 years ago.

She seems to have the old school cut from when she was with DD mixed in with a little Snooki type poof. Hitch did the same thing in Cap Reborn. In Widowmaker and other books it looks more modern.

Y'know, there's something I feel has been lacking in the comics since the return of Steve Rogers: some real "guy time" between Steve and Bucky. Right after he came back the book went straight into the Baron Zemo arch, and Steve and Bucky were back to being buds. I wanted to really SEE them get together, reconnect, and have a good time. Now, maybe that happened in another book, or maybe it's going on in the comics right now and I just have no idea, but I feel that the ball was slightly dropped on developing the "new" relationship between our two heroes.

Thoughts?

I interpreted it as Cap and Bucky being the kind of friends who instantly reconnect without saying a word. You know, like friends who become so close that one of them can move across the country, but when they see each other again in like 3 years it's like not even a minute has passed.

Y'know, there's something I feel has been lacking in the comics since the return of Steve Rogers: some real "guy time" between Steve and Bucky. Right after he came back the book went straight into the Baron Zemo arch, and Steve and Bucky were back to being buds. I wanted to really SEE them get together, reconnect, and have a good time. Now, maybe that happened in another book, or maybe it's going on in the comics right now and I just have no idea, but I feel that the ball was slightly dropped on developing the "new" relationship between our two heroes.

Thoughts?
Steve and Bucky have the kind of relationship where they're closer than brothers. They went through World War 2 together. Saved each others lives on multiple occasions. They don't need real "guy time". Just being near each other is more than enough.

Yeah, I guess I see what you both are saying. That's pretty much how it is with me and my best friends. Even so, though, I'd like to see at least one scene of the two of them just hanging out.

I'd love to see them feeding each other's goofy vestiges of life in the '40s. "Hey, Hawkeye, want to join us? They opened this new retro drive-in theater down the road, so Buck and I are gonna grab a couple 'shakes and catch a flick!" :D

Ha, yeah, stuff like that. There was issue when Bucky said someone "slipped him a mickey," and Black Widow's reaction to a phrase that hasn't been used in forever was classic.

e90bc54c.jpg

Note: the cover there is for Ultimate Captain America, but is Bru seriously consider a new Captain America or by new he means Steve? Gosh!

Probably some poser running around who Cap or Buck have to put the smack down on.

I'd love to see them feeding each other's goofy vestiges of life in the '40s. "Hey, Hawkeye, want to join us? They opened this new retro drive-in theater down the road, so Buck and I are gonna grab a couple 'shakes and catch a flick!" :D
I wonder what Cap and Bucky think of all the advancements in tech since the 40s ?

He's definitely comfortable with high-tech stuff, as evidenced by his use of the energy shield now. Really, I think he sees all that stuff as useful but superfluous. It helps get the job done, but at the end of the day the most important thing is the people using the tech, and that's something Cap understands very well.

That's pretty much what he said to Tony at the end of this morning's A:EM.

Which is part of why Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is an awesome show. :)

I can't wait for Season 2. I hope they have the Kree/Skrull War as the Season 2 finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"