The Official Contest of Marvels 3 Discussion Thread

True, but he had the same powers, as is the point of the Skrulls during Secret Invasion.

Definate Keeps
Air-Walker
Annihilus
Blastaar
Bug
Captain Marvel (Genis)
Darkhawk
Drax
Firelord
Gamora
Gladiator
Harvest (Phalanx)
Mantis
Maxam
Moondragon (Human)
Nova
Paibok The Power Skrull
Praxagora
Quasar (Phyla Vell)
Red Shift
Rocket Racoon
Ronan The Accuser
Star Lord (Peter Quill)
Super Skrull
Ultron (Phalanx)
Warlock (Phalanx)
Wraith (Zak-Del)

Potential
Adam Warlock
Cosmo
Groot
Quasar (Wendall Vaughn)

Okay... just need to finish up the Shi'ar so I an add them to the Cosmic list and we can move on to the next category. Again, a reminder that I'm not set on any of these really. W gave his opinion on the potentials but we still need your guys' call on the Keep list, and Phaed's on the potentials.

JewishHobbit said:
Keep
Astra
Chod
Deathbird
Earthquake
Havoc
Korvus
Marvel Girl
Neutron
Oracle
Plutonia
Polaris
Raza
Titan - What appeals to me here is that he's a growing guy... but one that can fly as well! And he's warrior trained.
Vulcan
Warstar
Zenith

Potential
G-Type
Hepzibah
Hobgoblin (Shi'ar)
Smasher

Drop
Corsair
Lilandra
The rest of the Shi'ar Royal Guard

wiegeabo said:
Potential
G-Type Sounds fine, nothing impressive.
Hepzibah I'm good with keeping her.
Hobgoblin (Shi'ar) Dosn't sound like there's much to him
Smasher Sounds fine. A brick with some eye powers? Could use more info.

I'm good with the keepers you gave links to. I'll look at the others later.

Your list looks pretty good to me, JH.

BTW, did you guys get some good loot for Christmas?

I got the new Marvel Chronicles, which is the hard cover book which gives a year by year history of Marvel Comics. From what I've read so far, it's a pretty neat book, giving little tidbits on many of the comics we've read over the years. For example, I never knew that Dazzler was created as a collaboration with Casablanca Records, and was going to be a movie starring Bo Derek. Of course, that failed, but Dazzler lived on.

I also got another hardcover book, giving a year by year history of Prince, which I'm sure many of you wouldn't be too keen on. I love it, though.

My mom thought it would be funny to give me some Marvel boxers...but, she also got me a shirt, which has the cover to Marvel Superhero Secret Wars #1 on it.

Finally, besides some little stuff, I got The Wire Complete Series on DVD. I've heard good things about that show, but never watched it.

Kept Christmas small this year.

My family was easy. All my mom wanted was gift cards so she can buy her own stuff. Especially books that come out during the year.

My sister wanted a digital camera and got herself one. My mom and I helped pay for it for Christmas. I actually made a gift out of the cash I gave her. I used origami to fold five of the bills into a Christmas star. And folded the sixth into a camera. (It didn't come out right, but it still sort of looked like a camera).

As for me, I got clothes, which I needed, and my annual Star Trek ornament. And, apparently, one of my gifts still hasn't arrived, so I'm getting whatever that is.

Updated List

KEEP

Alpha Flight

1. Arachne
2. Aurora
3. Beta Ray Bill
4. Madison Jeffries (Weapon X)
5. Northstar
6. Sasquatch
7. Shaman
8. Snowbird
9. Talisman
10. The Master
11. U.S. Agent
12. Weapon Omega (Michael Pointer)
13. Wild Child

Avengers

14. Annex
15. Black Panther
16. Bloodwraith
17. Bulldozer
18. Captain America (Steve Rogers)
19. Captain America (Bucky)
20. Cloud 9
21. Constrictor
22. Crusader
23. Firebird
24. Grim Reaper
25. Hank Pym
26. Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
27. Hercules
28. Hulkling
29. Iron Fist
30. Iron Lad
31. Iron Man
32. Jack of Hearts
33. Jocasta
34. Justice
35. Kang
36. K.I.A.
37. Klaw
38. Komodo
39. Living Lightning
40. Lord Templar
41. Luke Cage
42. Mandarin
43. Ms. Marvel
44. Patriot
45. Piledriver
46. Proctor
47. Prodigy (Ritchie Gilmore)
48. Pulsar
49. Purple Man
50. Quicksilver
51. Rage
52. Red Skull
53. Ronin (Clint Barton)
54. Sentry
55. Sersi
56. She-Hulk
57. Slapstick
58. Speed
59. Spider-Woman (Veranke)
60. Starfox
61. Stature
62. Taskmaster
63. Trauma
64. The Hood
65. Thunderball
66. Tigra
67. Ultra Girl
68. Vision (Original)
69. War Machine
70. Wasp
71. Wiccan
72. Wonderman
73. Wrecker
74. X-51

Cosmic

75. Air-Walker
76. Annihilus
77. Astra
78. Blastaar
79. Bug
80. Captain Marvel (Genis)
81. Chod
82. Darkhawk
83. Deathbird
84. Drax
85. Earthquake
86. Firelord
87. Gamora
88. Gladiator
89. Harvest (Phalanx)
90. Havoc
91. Korvus
92. Mantis
93. Marvel Girl
94. Maxam
95. Moondragon (Human)
96. Neutron
97. Nova
98. Oracle
99. Paibok The Power Skrull
100. Plutonia
101. Polaris
102. Praxagora
103. Quasar (Phyla Vell)
104. Raza
105. Red Shift
106. Rocket Racoon
107. Ronan The Accuser
108. Star Lord (Peter Quill)
109. Super Skrull
110. Titan
111. Ultron (Phalanx)
112. Vulcan
113. Warlock (Phalanx)
114. Warstar
115. Wraith (Zak-Del)
116. Zenith

Potential

Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady)
Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
Captain Britain (Kelsey Leigh)
Debrii
Doorman
Echo
Gorilla Girl
Guardian (James Hudson)
Hardball
Jessica Jones
Mr. Immortal
Mutant Zero
Pagan
Phobos
Protocide
The Ghost
The Presence
Scarlet Spider (MVP)
Scarlet Witch
Silver Claw
Squirrel Girl
Vindicator
Whirlwind
Windshear
Adam Warlock
Cosmo
G-Type
Groot
Hepzibah
Quasar (Wendall Vaughn)
Smasher

Next Up

Exiles

91. Blink (Exiles)
92. Magnus (Exiles)
93. Mimic (Exiles)
94. Morph (Exiles)
95. Namora (Exiles)
96. Nocturne (Exiles)
97. Spider (Exiles)
98. Sunfire (Exiles)
99. Thunderbird (Exiles)
100. Power Princess (Exiles)
101. Spider-Man 2099
102. Armagedon (Exiles)

I'm fine with all those.

Were there any other eXiles we might want to add, like Sabretooth?

Or maybe Weapon X like Vision or Hyperion?

Having not read Exiles in years, I have no desire to add anything from the book. I'm open to suggestions though.

Keep
Blink (Exiles)
Mimic (Exiles)
Morph (Exiles)
Nocturne (Exiles)
Spider (Exiles)
Thunderbird (Exiles)
Hyperion (Exiles) - Previously unlisted.

Drop
Armagedon (Exiles) - Lack of information
Magnus (Exiles) - Lack of information
Namora (Exiles) - Just another Namor
Sunfire (Exiles) - Just another fire mutant
Power Princess (Exiles) - Doesn't interest me at all. Just another brute.

Needs Moves
Spider-Man 2099 - I think this was when Spidey 2099 first showed up in Exiles, but then it ended up being a differant Spidey 2099. So I say ignore that one and move this one back to the other 2099 characters.

Last edited:
Spidey 2099 in eXiles is the same one from the 2099 series of books. They didn't change him out during the eXiles run. But we can just leave him in the 2099 list if we have one.

Here's the complete list of the team:
Originals
Blink (Keep)
Morph (Keep)
Thunderbird (Keep)
Mimic (the last powerset he had was Wolverine, Cyclops, Colossus, Deadpool, and Northstar) (Keep)
Magnus (fine with dropping or potentials)

Replacements
Sunfire (fine with dropping)
Sasquatch (keep if we don't have a number of others)
Namora (fine with dropping)
Beak (obviously tuber)
Holocaust (fine with dropping)
Longshot (had his memory wiped before joining the team. Fine with dropping if using another version Longshot)
Spider-Man 2099 (keep unless going on another list)
Power Princess (Pretty much a Marvel Wonder Woman. Keep or put in potentials)
Psylocke (since this is the 616 version, fine with keeping her in the X-Men or Excalibur list)

Weapon X worth looking at
Sabretooth (from Blink's reality with is AoA, I believe. Fine with keeping or potential)
Spider (Keep)
Vision (Fine with dropping or potential)
Hyperion (Keep, but seemed to be near herald level in raw power)

Spidey 2099 and Psylocke bring up an issue. We're using characters from the point of the latest issue they appeared in. But since Spidey appeared in eXiles after the 2099 series ended, does that mean he's the version we must use? Or do we just go with the last time we saw him in the 2099 books?

Last edited:
I always loved the vampire Storm character. Could we add her to the list?

The vampire storm, Bloodstorm, is actually from Mutant X, not Exiles. There's actually some interesting characters from Mutant X that could be interesting to use besides her. Good stuff.

And for Spidey 2099. It's actually not the same spidey. Their universe numbers (as in 616) are differant. The reason is that Spidey 2099 from Exiles started the same but was plucked from his reality early in the 2099 universe and that altered his world. Proof of this storyline wise was that Hulk 2099 was involved in the storyline, Proteus took his body, and then Spidey left with the Exiles after Proteus. However, in the main 2099 universe Hulk died when Doom's Presidency was overthrown and the 2099 titles went on for another year or two. So what Spidey 2099 and Spidey 2099 (Exiles) have experienced are 2 completely differant worlds. Thus, I'd rather use the main 2099 and not the Exiles one. He has more experiences, more connections to other characters, etc.

To comment on some of the additions W added:

Replacements
Sasquatch (keep if we don't have a number of others)
Holocaust (fine with dropping)

We have the main Sasquatch, but this one was also fun and had a way differant path (and it's Heather Hudson, not whatever his name is). I'd say put on Potential list for now. As for Holocaust, I actually really like him. I say Keep.

Longshot (had his memory wiped before joining the team. Fine with dropping if using another version Longshot)

Longshot's now back in the main Marvel Universe with his full memories and a part of X-Factor, so we should deal with him there.

Psylocke (since this is the 616 version, fine with keeping her in the X-Men or Excalibur list)

Since her most recent version is still with the Exiles, I say keep her here for reference sake, but we don't need the (Exiles) heading.

Weapon X worth looking at
Sabretooth (from Blink's reality with is AoA, I believe. Fine with keeping or potential)
Spider (Keep)
Vision (Fine with dropping or potential)
Hyperion (Keep, but seemed to be near herald level in raw power)

I say drop Vision, Keep the rest.

Update on where we are with Exiles coming in a moment for Phaed to split ties and such on.

Definate Keep
Blink (Exiles)
Hyperion (Exiles)
Mimic (Exiles)
Morph (Exiles)
Psylocke
Sabretooth (Exiles)
Spider (Exiles)
Thunderbird (Exiles)

1 Keep/ 1 Potential
Sasquatch (Exiles)

1 Keep/ 1 Drop
Holocaust
Power Princess (Exiles)

Needs Moved
Nocturne - Forgot she's in 616 now.
Spider-Man 2099

And just to note... this Morph isn't the Proteus Morph that's currently running around. Proteus, I think, would be too uber. This would have to be the Morph just prior to Proteus becoming Morph (and essentially killing him) during World Tour.

I hadn't read the 2099 books and didn't realize that it was a separate reality from Spidey in eXiles. I just though the 2099 books took place in Spidey's reality, and that's how they explained the difference between what happened in 2099, and any new stuff since.

Yep.. 2099 is Earth 928. Spidey 2099 (Exiles) is from Earth 6375 according to the handbooks.

So which one do we want to go with? Regulary Spidey 2099 has more experiences, personality, character interventions, etc. I think he's the best bet.

Hmm...interesting.

Well, when in doubt go with the main version. Otherwise they'll be aruguments like "Well, Spidey 2099 from Earth 928 can do it, so Spidey 2099 (eXiles) can too."

Hmm...interesting.

Well, when in doubt go with the main version. Otherwise they'll be aruguments like "Well, Spidey 2099 from Earth 928 can do it, so Spidey 2099 (eXiles) can too."

I'm cool with that. We just need Phaed's call on what to do with Holocaust, Power Princess, and Sasquatch. And just to keep things moving, here's the next list:

[/u]Fantastic Four[/u]
Agatha Harkness
Devos the Devestator
Doctor Doom
Dragon Man
Frankie Raye
Mr. Fantastic
Gorgon
Grey Gargoyle
Hatemonger
Human Torch
Invisible Woman
Karnak
Lyja Lazerfist
Maximus the Mad
Medusa
Psycho Man
Thing
Trapster
Wizard
Mad Thinker
Red Ghost
Diablo
Crystal

I'm good with keeping those three eXiles

Agatha Harkness (don't know much about her. How powerful is her magic?)
Devos the Devestator
Doctor Doom
Dragon Man
Frankie Raye
Mr. Fantastic
Gorgon
Grey Gargoyle
Hatemonger (is this the Cosmic Cube resurrected version?)
Human Torch
Invisible Woman
Karnak
Lyja Lazerfist
Maximus the Mad
Medusa
Psycho Man
Thing
Trapster
Wizard
Mad Thinker
Red Ghost (didn't we have trouble with him last year?)
Diablo
Crystal

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to any of those questions :(

I'm actually about to get off here so I'll have to go through the list tomorrow.

Sorry guys...been busy with the holidays, snow, and all. Since the kids are out of school, they don't let me have the time I usual have at work.

Ok, Exiles:

Keep
Blink (Exiles)
Mimic (Exiles)
Morph (Exiles)
Nocturne (Exiles)
Spider (Exiles)
Thunderbird (Exiles)

Drop
Armagedon (Exiles)
Magnus (Exiles)
Namora (Exiles)
Sunfire (Exiles)

Needs Moves
Hyperion - (I think we should have a Squadron Supreme section, and we don't need extra Hyperions...especially this one, who is way too uber, imo.)
Power Princess - (Same as above)
Spider-Man 2099

Needs Moves
Hyperion - (I think we should have a Squadron Supreme section, and we don't need extra Hyperions...especially this one, who is way too uber, imo.)
Power Princess - (Same as above)
Spider-Man 2099

Cool. So we're definately moving Spidey 2099 to a 2099 section. (I looked back and it seems we only have an X-Men 2099 section, so we may expand on that later).

As for the Squadron Supreme section, I'm not against it but I've never read anything about them other than Supreme Power so it doesn't peak my interests too much. However, if you guys want it then I'm cool with it. Shouldn't be a problem with Power Princess since we have a drop/Potential vote, but Hyperion is a question. I personally enjoy this version of Hyperion, and while he definately has power levels on the bar of too uber, he's been defeated by Blink twice by just being creative... who is definately just a regular level character. Creativety can defeat Hyperion, and he's not the brightest or most strategic, so he definately has some exploitable weaknesses. And being that W and I both voted to keep him, that breaks a split vote... so I'll add him to the keep list for now unless Phaed wants to put up a good argument for it for either W or I to switch our minds.

And I'm rooting for snow days myself. I just started working in the School System as a janitor and I'm like a little kid again glued to the tv every time it starts to flurry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"