The Official Darkseid Thread

In Superman Returns he carves an island from the rock bed of the ocean and carries it into orbit-- that in my opinion is too fantastic.

And the island was made from kryptonite.

And the island was made from kryptonite.

And he had a shard of of the green stuff in his side at the time.

r_CREATURE.jpg

Craig T. Nelson
This is who I think would play a great Darkseid-- the profile of his face is very unique, his brow is strong, his nose is huge, his voice could be enhanced with computers, and he is 6' 3.5'' tall.
I want a real actor to play this character-- no CGI.

Last edited:
To all of you guys that think that Darkseid is too grand for a super man movie you are serverly lacking in film knowlege. How many bigger than life villans have we seen in other movies i.e. Darth Vader and the Emperor, Saren from Lord of the Rings, Joker in 89' batman etc.

If WB makes the next superman into a trillogy, then they would have the opportunity to make superman movies that opperate on a cosmic scale. And there is alot to fear in the universe. In the first film, we should get glimpes of Darksied but the main villan will be lex who happens to awaken Brainiac after he gets his hands on krypton technology. Then in the second, Darksied is introduced as a menace in the universe. Super man would find himself trying to deal with both Brainiac and Darksied in the third...It would work.

I just don't feel that Darkseid should be just a Superman villain. I feel that's a bit of a waste of the character's potential. Could it work? Sure. But it would work better in the context of a JLA film.

^I agree. And for Superman film you can use Mongul, and have all the same story beats without the added baggage of New Gods continuity.

Thats why I always wanted Mongul to be the villain in the final Superman movie.

A JLA film is not going to happen anytime soon so focus on what is currently possible. Why do another superman film with a mortal villan and with the same boring storyline? It is time for something new and refreshing. There is yet to be a cosmic comic book movie. I am not saying that superman will be in space but I think the stakes need to be higher. And what is more frightening and dark than an alien attacking earth? People have nightmares about that stuff and from the begining of time, man has feared 'aliens.'

No more human villans!

I have to agree that writing a film with Darkseid is going to require some JL characters-- at least Wonder Woman (this project would serve as the perfect launching platform for this character).

Darkseid won't be defeated in the first film (they didn't kill Magneto in X-men)-- hence, most of the fighting will be done by his gladiators and living weapons.

It should be our first introduction to the New Gods and Fourth World (possible titles for the sequels).

I know a lot of you won't agree with this
purcell-blade-trinity1_1155839956.jpg

prison-break-dominic-purcell3.jpg

Dominic_Purcell_816082.jpg

Do you guys desire a hood or a helmet?

darkseid.jpg

And what about his miniskirt?

rather have a helmet, than hood. as for the miniskirt, they can change them to shorts or add shorts under the skirt.

Hmm...definitely no mini skirt...idk about hood or helmet though.

^I agree. And for Superman film you can use Mongul, and have all the same story beats without the added baggage of New Gods continuity.

Thats why I always wanted Mongul to be the villain in the final Superman movie.

I agree with this in the fact that Darkseid may be too deep and powerful to be adapted as a logical villain to fight Superman. He is as powerful as the Man of Steel to a human, there could never be a physical confrontation between the two. Every aggressive action against Earth would have to take place in the forms of his minions or military, and little developing the actual villain. Plus, with Darkseid, the mythology of New Gods needs be explained fully, something too big and irrelevant with the themes of Superman.

Mongul is much closer to being mortal and Supes can actually give him a challenge in a effectively workable storyline.

I agree with this in the fact that Darkseid may be too deep and powerful to be adapted as a logical villain to fight Superman. He is as powerful as the Man of Steel to a human, there could never be a physical confrontation between the two. Every aggressive action against Earth would have to take place in the forms of his minions or military, and little developing the actual villain. Plus, with Darkseid, the mythology of New Gods needs be explained fully, something too big and irrelevant with the themes of Superman.

Mongul is much closer to being mortal and Supes can actually give him a challenge in a effectively workable storyline.

while superman said now he knows how the humans feel around him, he can still put up a physical fight with Darkseid. There's a reason they've been fighting in the comics, why would he not be able to fight him all of a sudden in a movie?

while i like darkseid better than mongul, and i honestly don't think they really need to go into the new gods storyline. no need to go that far into it. and if they want, they can develop darkseid over 2/3 movies, so i don't see anything wrong with using him.

rather have a helmet, than hood. as for the miniskirt, they can change them to shorts or add shorts under the skirt.

Hmm...definitely no mini skirt...idk about hood or helmet though.

i think if they are gonna go with that, they will need to emphasize that it is really an extension of his shirt, not a separate piece of clothing.

Do you guys desire a hood or a helmet?

darkseid.jpg

And what about his miniskirt?
i will be honest. a 70% change needs to be IMO done to this guy.
make changes so that the masses will like this alien. but at the same time use the other 30% so that fans will know that its him.

I based this on an action figure.

darkseid_final.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"