The Official INCREDIBLE HULK Novelization Thread [ MAJOR SPOILERS ]

For those of you who had read the leaked script, and ended up checking the novelization out, has a lot changed?

For those of you who had read the leaked script, and ended up checking the novelization out, has a lot changed?

I haven't read the novelisation but I can tell you that from seeing the trailers, pics and various other videos. The final fight between Hulk and Abomination has been changed quite a bit. And that change is for the better in my opinion.

Other parts of the movie I dunno.

I wasn't under that impression, he was running more than jumping in the novel.

In the script, he doesn't jackknife into the water until he reaches it, and not until after some great deal of running. It's just that the running bit is described quickly.

I wasn't under that impression, he was running more than jumping in the novel.

Yeah but think about it, in the end he wants to lose the military and as we know this hulk definately won't be jumping miles at a time, helicopters and planes could keep up with him. Jumping into the water and swimming for it would increase his chances of escaping without being harrassed imo.

They decided to have Hulk running more than leaping because the filmmakers thought that if Hulk is being attacked he can just leap away from the attack but if he runs the attacker could still keep up with him and Hulk would still be in the battlezone.

im avoiding this thread like the plaugue i havent seen anything in it yet after my last post.. but i got the novel im about at the point when banner hulks out on silva and his gang for the first time, and i gotta say this book is way better then spiderman 3, i like the story better and its just a better read.. what i find cool tho is while im picturing things in my head, a scene that has been featured in pics or trailers comes up and i can imagine it flowing with the rest of the scene.. all in all great book so far.. cant wait to finish it.. and now back to avoiding lol

Sooo I finally picked up the TIH novel. In retrospect it follows what happens in the movie fairly closely. One thing I liked was all the in-jokes PAD added to the story:

• Two of Blonsky's commandos in the bottling plant were named Craig Saunders and Samuel LaRoquette (aka Hulkbusters Rock and Redeemer)
  • The full name of Stanley from Stanley's Pizza Parlor was Stanley Lieber (Stan Lee's real name) and he bought the parlor from a guy named Marty Goodman (Martin Goodman was Stan's old boss at Timely comics)
  • Other Hulk creators given a nod in the novel: Blonsky's doctor was named Dr. Milgrom, Betty sells her mother's locket at Mantlo and Wein's pawn shop, There was also a mnetion of a town called Trimpeville.
  • Bruce tells Betty of a dream he has had where the Hulk is the last person on earth, being constantly eaten by cockroaches and regenerating...clearly a reference to Hulk: the End

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"