The Official INCREDIBLE HULK Novelization Thread [ MAJOR SPOILERS ]

What does "My Search For A Cure" have in it? I still chuckle remembering the children's book where Venom was called bad because he's mean to Spidey's friends.

I really like the novelization's take on the final battle. [blackout]Hulk is not a killer. I'm glad they had Betty calming him down enough for Hulk to just knock Blonsky out. Also...the Vault? A definite push towards the Leader? They're really trying to set up this collective Marvel Universe here. Time for that fanboy giggle again...[/blackout]

What happens to [BLACKOUT]Abomination [/BLACKOUT]if Hulk doesn't [BLACKOUT]kill him[/BLACKOUT]? Or is not written what happens.

You'd have to ask the owner of the novelization. In the first draft, [blackout]Blonsky's neck gets popped out of place and that's all she wrote. Then we rush into the final scene.[/blackout] I guess they changed it to make it less of a rush.

My theory? Maybe [blackout]the Abomination will be freed by Sterns in a sequel, now mutated by Banner's blood into the Leader[/blackout]. That'd explain how the [blackout]Hulkbusters[/blackout] get put into use, since it looks like we're getting the [blackout]Merged Hulk[/blackout] in a sequel.

DAMN! I can't wait for the scenes with Sterns!! This movie will RULE! Y'all ain't ready!!

What does "My Search For A Cure" have in it? I still chuckle remembering the children's book where Venom was called bad because he's mean to Spidey's friends.

I thought I replied to this, but I was having trouble with the 'net or SHH that day so here goes again...

Well, other than bizarre drawings of what I assume is supposed to be Norton!Banner with a beard (which looks more like a shadow)? It just has the origin of the Movie!Hulk!2008 and then a very loose interpretation of the plot and then a quick ending. The book cover made it worth buying for 4$. (it's a pic of Norton!Banner with a flower in his hands and he's got lots of scruff). *shrugs*

~Snowy

I thought I replied to this, but I was having trouble with the 'net or SHH that day so here goes again...

Well, other than bizarre drawings of what I assume is supposed to be Norton!Banner with a beard (which looks more like a shadow)? It just has the origin of the Movie!Hulk!2008 and then a very loose interpretation of the plot and then a quick ending. The book cover made it worth buying for 4$. (it's a pic of Norton!Banner with a flower in his hands and he's got lots of scruff). *shrugs*

~Snowy

What was the origin? Could you put it in spoilers for those who don't wish to know please :yay:.

What was the origin? Could you put it in spoilers for those who don't wish to know please :yay:.

First off: I don't think it's explained too much in depth, but here goes:

He was treating human cells with gamma rays. He was so sure of the work that he tested the gamma rays on himself. Betty first injects him with a serum she invented to strengthen his cells. Then she zaps him with what is supposed to have been a low dose of gamma radiation. But, something goes wrong and he gets zapped with too much! Then it goes on to say he transforms right there and messes up the lab and hurts Betty accidentally.

I'm really not sure how loose that interpretation is, although the kids novel has a similar origin. Except, in the novel it's done in flashback and we only see glimpses of what happens.

Since I won't be able to see the film in the theater, I'm scouring my local bookstore for a copy of this.

First off: I don't think it's explained too much in depth, but here goes:

He was treating human cells with gamma rays. He was so sure of the work that he tested the gamma rays on himself. Betty first injects him with a serum she invented to strengthen his cells. Then she zaps him with what is supposed to have been a low dose of gamma radiation. But, something goes wrong and he gets zapped with too much! Then it goes on to say he transforms right there and messes up the lab and hurts Betty accidentally.

I'm really not sure how loose that interpretation is, although the kids novel has a similar origin. Except, in the novel it's done in flashback and we only see glimpses of what happens.

Yeah in the script it's done in flashbacks, I still thought they were going to try to included some kind of gamma bomb/explosion into his creation :csad:, oh well.

They were working together on something to boost soldier's immunity to radiation or the sort.

Banner's overconfidence led him to go ahead with the experiment but it went wrong.

As far as the novelization ending goes, I believe it 100% considering Marvel wanted a more heroic Hulk.

And changing that would mean the Stark cameo makes no sense.

And besides, would Norton fall into the pitfall of almost all superhero scripts so far and go the cliche route?

Oh, and I forgot to add..

This pic: (The top pic)

bruce1.jpg

Is Bruce coming to a horrifying realization that Sterns has been stockpiling the samples he's been sending him and cloning and experimenting.

Basically, showing Sterns is a skeevy, anti-ethical guy who's totally capable of becoming the Leader.

Yeah in the script it's done in flashbacks, I still thought they were going to try to included some kind of gamma bomb/explosion into his creation :csad:, oh well.

I make the movie origin to be like...

Banner is working for the US Army to help soldiers be some what immune to high and lethal amounts of radiation. Time and funding is running out but Banner is so sure of his work that he experiments on himself by exposing himself to a small amount of gamma radiation but something goes wrong and he is exposed to huge lethal amounts. This causes an explosion in the lab and it is something of Banner that allowed him to survive the radiation.

Blonsky is totally different. He willingly allows himself to be a test subject for the super soldier serum which the US Army have trying to recreating from WWII and the serum injections make his bones and muscles grow larger and different then the final injection of Banner's blood from Sterns' lab makes him into the Abomination.

But Norton said that he hated how the origin was always forced upon at the beginning of movies and said that sometimes the best stories do not start at the very beginning. So he spooled the origin of Banner througout the movie via dialogue and flashbacks. But it is still not clear as how I work it out is that Norton will let the audience learn more of Banner in sequels as he did say that he left a lot out by purpose.

He has this entire franchise all planned out.

Oh, and I forgot to add..

This pic: (The top pic)

bruce1.jpg

Is Bruce coming to a horrifying realization that Sterns has been stockpiling the samples he's been sending him and cloning and experimenting.

Basically, showing Sterns is a skeevy, anti-ethical guy who's totally capable of becoming the Leader.
Damn really?:wow:like someone already said the scenes with stern are ones i really want to see,i hope they set him up for TIH 2.
:bh::bh:

Cth, you going to post a breakdown between leaked script and PAD's novel?

Just got the novel. It's quite good so far. :up:

Is this worth picking up, Cth?
No, it's not really worth picking up. They watered down the story to protect the kids. Peter David is like this designated Marvel writer for novels. Hulk 2003 was written by him, Iron Man 2008, TIH 2008. I wonder how much creativity or leeway he has to change stuff particularly the ending which, IMO would be a disaster. There are three versions of the story all written for different levels of readers and I think the novels are censored reading. Just an opinion.

In the SM3 novel, he didn't beat around the bush with Venom's death (albeit it was from an earlier draft of the script). I'd go as far as to say that his depiction of its final battle was far more intense than what played out on the big screen.

Just got the novel. It's quite good so far. :up:

Thats good to hear. I really dig PAD's writing, and liked what he did on the first films novel. He's got a rep for making readable novels out of featherweight scripts.

I'll probably pick this up today.

No, it's not really worth picking up. They watered down the story to protect the kids. Peter David is like this designated Marvel writer for novels. Hulk 2003 was written by him, Iron Man 2008, TIH 2008. I wonder how much creativity or leeway he has to change stuff particularly the ending which, IMO would be a disaster. There are three versions of the story all written for different levels of readers and I think the novels are censored reading. Just an opinion.

You think so? I actually preferred his ending compared to the draft. In my opinion it made more sense. But I do agree with you in the fact that PD takes a lot of liberties when he writes these novels. I'm sure a good portion of what's in the book will not make the screen. That was also the case in 03.

I reserved a copy at Borders, I'm gonna pick it up on lunch break.

You think so? I actually preferred his ending compared to the draft. In my opinion it made more sense. But I do agree with you in the fact that PD takes a lot of liberties when he writes these novels. I'm sure a good portion of what's in the book will not make the screen. That was also the case in 03.

I agree, the endig in the novel sounds better than the ending of the script and much truer to the character.

Hulk is not a blatent killer. He'll kill to defend himself and others, but he's not going to snap a bad guys neck like he's early 90's Steven Segal just because he one the fight.

Personally, I'm happy with what I heard about the ending, I'm sick of Superhero movies where the bad guy is killed. Something not very heroic about that to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"