The Official Fables Thread

Man, just when I thought the last arc was great, the current issue managed to beat that. This, so far, looks to be one of the better stand-alone stories for the title :up:

I honestly don't even want to talk about this series anymore.

Why?

Because it's consistently ****ING great.

I can't say any more about how much I love it.

Kinda wish they'd go with a different artist though, i love the story, but it's a bit too cartoony for my tastes.

To be honest, I've always liked the art by the artist of Fables in Exile the most. I think it was Lan Medina. Don't get me wrong, Buckingham's art isn't bad, it's just that Medina's art was so much better IMO.

I picked up the 5th TPB on Wednesday and just read it today...

it was so into it, I read it all in one shot... I actually loved this story more so than the wooden soldiers one, although that was great too.

I really like how things are going for Snow and her 7 kids, and how it turned out with the 7th one and how grandpa showed up.

I did have a question, though if anyone can answer... how is the North Wind able to come to the mundy world so freely with the adversary having taken over everything? Is he somehow beyond the adversary's grasp? too powerful? or just the fact that he's sort of a force of nature?

did have a question, though if anyone can answer... how is the North Wind able to come to the mundy world so freely with the adversary having taken over everything? Is he somehow beyond the adversary's grasp? too powerful? or just the fact that he's sort of a force of nature?

I was re-reading a few issues last night and there was a part where Jack is trying to "sell" an expedition to the "Cloud Kingdom" via his remaining four magic beans. He states that the "Cloud Kingdom" has not been overrun by the Adversary's forces because they lacked the means. The Cloud Kingdom sounds like a reasonable home for the North Wind, but, that's just a guess.

Hab

Er, I don't know, Lackey. I guess Willingham might elaborate on it in the future. Habitual's explanation sounds plausible though.

thanks, I just wasn't sure if anything had been said in current issues.

seems like the North Wind is a pretty powerful guy...or, wind

So Fables looks interesting. Tell me. I will start picking up tpbs if there is at least one inference or joke about bestiality.

Because there's just not enough of it.:up:

Not Jake said:
So Fables looks interesting. Tell me. I will start picking up tpbs if there is at least one inference or joke about bestiality.

Because there's just not enough of it.:up:

Goldilocks has a sexual relationship with the "baby bear" from the three bears...that's in the second book "Animal Farm"

Goldilocks is just generally a great character, too. She's the biggest b**** you're likely to see in a comic about fairy tale characters.

Lackey said:
Goldilocks has a sexual relationship with the "baby bear" from the three bears...that's in the second book "Animal Farm"
that's gross:(

so I'll probably buy this now:(

I usually only have time to read one comic on my lunch break and today it was Fables.

The actual story ended how I expected it to.
Jill turned Jack in and Beast came and got him. Fabletown took all of Jack's money except what he could carry on him.

The interesting things in this issue to me, did not actually deal with the main story.
When Beast comes to get Jack, it's established that four years have passed since Jack has left. And he mentions that Snow White's kids are getting ready to celebrate their 5th birthday. That means when we go back to Fabletown or the Farm, a whole hell of a lot will have changed. I can't wait to see if Mr. North has taught the children to shapeshift and to see what's happened to Bigby.

Also the other big thing to me is that they established that Jack will never come back to Fabletown until the "final days." Because Beast told him never to come back.

Really interesting stuff. This series keeps getting better and better.

guj19 said:
Kinda wish they'd go with a different artist though, i love the story, but it's a bit too cartoony for my tastes.

I was irritated by how they drew Rose Red in the last arc. She was a punk hottie and then all of the sudden she's helmet-haired, Moon Pie-faced "Auntie Rose". Yuk.

Interesting issue. I've actually enjoyed this two issue story more than I thought I would've when I first heard about it. And I'm glad that they're not going back to the status quo anytime soon. :up:

Fables #38 looks like a very interesting cover. We at least find out what's going on with Blue, maybe more. Looking forward to it!!!!

FablesCv38.jpg

Hab

I just read the first thirty issues and The Last Castle tonight. I'm hooked. Hadn't thought I'd get that far, and have to wait till I go to the shop to get the rest tomorrow :(

I still have to get The Last Castle. Blue recaps the main events from it when "Red Riding Hood" shows up again, but it looks like a good read. Glad to hear you're hooked, Bishop. Fables is one of the best series around. :up:

Fables is incredibly great, but I've been getting it in trades from the beginning, and now I wish I could catxh up with the single issues because it's that damn good.

The single issues are the way to go IMO. I don't know how anybody could wait the 5 or 6 months in-between TPBs to see what happens next in the book.....:(

I don't know how people wait a month for most of the titles on my pull list :(

Because I haven't found a point where I could get the back ussues after a tpb, and I'm not good at planning ahead.

Well the Mean Seasons TPB does collect up to issue 33. You only need to get like 3 back issues in order to catch up to the newest issue coming out next week.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"