The Official Fables Thread

but you're interested in dan slott....

The Watchman said:
I'm tempted to get GLA just cause San Slott seems like such a kickass guy.
Is that Dan's twin brother or cousin or something? ;) I'd recommend GLA. Slott's unique brand of humor is as great as ever in it. It's part slapstick, part black comedy. Good stuff.

Elijya said:
but you're interested in dan slott....
yes, but mostly in a sexual way....er...maybe I'll just pick it up...if The Slott himself tells me to. :D

I know, it's why I think he's awesome :up: EricJ of Rex Mundi posts here too.

The Watchman said:
****in A man, they had them today, picked up 34, 35, 36 and 37 comes out next week.

Sweet :cool:

Those issues are pretty cool as well. I loved that two-part story with Jack :up:

I would recommend GLA. The first issue was fun.
The Watchman said:
I know, it's why I think he's awesome :up: EricJ of Rex Mundi posts here too.
Ryan Ottley used to post art in the Fan Art forum too, but I stopped posting there so I don't know if he still does.

God I love Ottley and Invincible, crazy UncaWya...

...if I ever make it as a writer, I'm gonna come back and **** with you guys so bad.

They're kind of a reject squad. A bunch of losers who decided it'd be a good idea to form an Avengers branch in the Great Lakes region, hence the Great Lakes Avengers, or GLA. The GLA mini is a parody of Avengers Disassembled using the GLA in the Avengers' place, really. Like I said before, it's kind of black humor because people die left and right, but there's also a lot of slapstick elements.

Continued from the Batman thread...
Bishop Cori said:
Funny how we've discussed Fables more in a Bat thread than in the Fables thread...
I like the current story though. I want to see how it pans out with Blue.
Yeah, I do too. There's just too much good material that Willingham's got stewing for me to ever be 100% happy with just one storyline. I want to see what's happening with all the Fables all the time. :(

TheCorpulent1 said:
Continued from the Batman thread...

Yeah, I do too. There's just too much good material that Willingham's got stewing for me to ever be 100% happy with just one storyline. I want to see what's happening with all the Fables all the time. :(

I agree. I just can't get enough. Monthly is way too slow for me.

I really want to know about Bigby. And the kid that Snow sent to him.

That too. I want to see how the Prince is doing as mayor and how Fabletown's been managing without Snow, Blue, Cole, or Bigby.

Well apparently Beast hasn't done too badly...

But yeah we need it weekly :mad: You reading this Willingham?

Yeah, but Beast showing up to hassle Jack isn't the same as actually getting into Fabletown again and seeing what's what. I want more! :(

I wonder if Willingham's another Bendis, with stories plotted out years in advance. If that's the case, a weekly Fables could be conceivable if he had like 3 or 4 artists to work with. And, really, what kind of artist WOULDN'T want to work on Fables? ;)

Ones that want to stay mainstream?

Yeah I know its not the same. I wanna see how Beauty is coping though...

OK since the Fables thing got going in the Batman thread it occurred to me that I should pop in here and make a point of how much I dug the Batman homage they did with Blue in the last issue.

Hab

habitual said:
OK since the Fables thing got going in the Batman thread it occurred to me that I should pop in here and make a point of how much I dug the Batman homage they did with Blue in the last issue.

Hab
What Batman homage?

TheCorpulent1 said:
What Batman homage?

I thought that the reveal that Willingham did for Blue was an homage to the Black/Blue Dark Knight. The look and the tone were too similiar for me to think it was just coincidence.

Hab

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"