The Official Fables Thread

hey!

heyheyheyheynow!

let's not forget about Preacher, hmmm? ;)

Bishop Cori said:
No. The only Vertigo I have read is Fables...

If you're not reading Invincible you need to stop posting and do not pass go and do not collect 200 and pick up the trade!!!!

Hab

We3 is about to finish its long awaited DL (since Fox told me about it) I may have to read it tonight

DL? you're downloading the book?

and yeah, I gave it to her, was very cool

Bishop Cori said:
We3 is about to finish its long awaited DL (since Fox told me about it) I may have to read it tonight
You could get through it pretty quickly too...

Yeah its how I try things that I'm unsure of. If I like it I'll buy the trade though.

I've tried reading online comics, just doesn't work for me, I've got to feel the book in my hand. But, I guess, I have the money to try lots of stuff. My collection is out of control...

The only thing I ever DLed was Miracleman (Marvelman) simply because you can't get the trades.

I also usually DL the issues that I do buy, in case someone else I know wants to read it or what not.

None of my friends read comics or know I do, so thankfully I don't have to worry about those damn borrowers, and things you end up never seeing again.

I loan out tons of ****. Sometimes I even give stuff away

The Watchman said:
None of my friends read comics or know I do, so thankfully I don't have to worry about those damn borrowers, and things you end up never seeing again.
Well most of said friends are online friends...

I thought you were gonna come out of the comic closet last year :mad:

The Watchman said:
The Losers, Diggle is the next big thing, trust me. Also, 100 just keeps getting better, keep on truckin' through em. or die.

I dunno, I'm getting kinda bored with Losers at the moment :confused: :(

And if there's a Vertigo series to get, get Human Target. It just ended, but damn, the last issue was a huge doozy :up:

The Watchman said:
You could get through it pretty quickly too...
Right you were. I loved it. Very touching. Poor 3 :(

I download stuff for the DTL, mostly. If I want to catch up on specifics about characters but I don't have any way of knowing which issues they actually do stuff that's relevant to the DTL in, I'll download whole runs of comics and just browse through them. I've ended up getting hooked on some characters' comics that way. I do prefer having a comic in my hands though.

Let me know what you think when you finally get around to Sandman, Bishop. I think it's the best thing that ever came out of Vertigo, but that's probably just me.

Loved the new issue, we get more background on the homelands and what's going on. I am curious about the Snow Queen though, is this C.S. Lewis' Snow Queen or a character from another story?

Hab

I just wanted to bump this thread up because the new issue comes out tomorrow with the revelation of the Adversary finally :up:

John Constantine said:
I just wanted to bump this thread up because the new issue comes out tomorrow with the revelation of the Adversary finally :up:

Oh man, I better not enter this thread anymore after that

must...resist...spoilers...:(

The Aversary is
peter pantless

...now, I know what you're thinking, he can't possibly know, it has to be something stupid, but do you want to take that chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"