The Official Flash Thread - Part 3

Actually, I'm ''team Flash''; I love them all. It's just that Barry is my favourite.:cool:

^^ Same. And he's the one I think it would make most sense to do a series off of first.

I think it makes better sense from a storytelling standpoint to start with Barry Allen and introduce the audience to The Flash through him and make them care, then from there the sky is the limit. Even introducing the multiverse through him would be cool.

I think it makes better sense from a storytelling standpoint to start with Barry Allen and introduce the audience to The Flash through him and make them care, then from there the sky is the limit. Even introducing the multiverse through him would be cool.

Agreed :up:

You could do that with Wally West, just the same. Logically you are right it will most likely be Barry Allen. Even though, imo, Wally West b/c of his personality would be better suited for a movie.

Count me in on Team Barry!

And Baz Lurhmann for director! We need the cinematic Flash to stick out from every other hero adaption, and become its own thing

Last edited:
Dark Knight
Man of Steel
World's Finest
Scarlet Speedster?

You could do that with Wally West, just the same. Logically you are right it will most likely be Barry Allen. Even though, imo, Wally West b/c of his personality would be better suited for a movie.

Not really, if you start with Wally West you make the audience feel like how I felt after watching the JL cartoon show (season one as a kid) for the first time and being introduced to The Flash through that and being excited to learn about him and a buy a comic with him only to find that "The Flash" was dead and that his sidekick had taken over. Disappointing.

Yes, I know the JL/JLU Flash is Wally in name and likeness but they used barry Allen's story and elements. They even show him having his origin in a flashback scene. Never is it hinted at even once that there is more than one Flash and that he is a teenage sidekick grown up. I would have thought that was stupid then anyway and that there only needs to be one Flash. It never made sense to have a bunch of guys running around calling themselves "THE Flash", especially when "THE" is singular. :huh:

That's why I say they go that route for the first film and keep it streamlined and smart like the DCAU/JL/JLU show did and keep it to ONE Flash that exists. I just know if I rolled my eyes at how there's multiple Flashes and disliked it when I first discovered it then I think the general audience probably would too. Just my two cents on that.

And both have good personalities but there really isn't anything you could tell with Wally that you can't tell with Barry personality wise (except for the living in my dead uncle's shadow arc, which after that he becomes kind of a Barry clone if you think about it - he marries a tv reporter gf, gets a secret identity/police job, a Kid Flash of his own, his own Reverse Flahs, etc).

Dark Knight
Man of Steel
World's Finest
Scarlet Speedster?

They'd better call it the ****ing FLASH. THE FLASH. That's what this movie needs to be called. No need to be apologetic about it and he's never had a movie before so it's not like calling it "Batman 7" if they use his name as the title. Lol.

Last edited:
Not to mention Barry has the whole "CSI" angle, which is pretty interesting, imo.

Not to mention Barry has the whole "CSI" angle, which is pretty interesting, imo.

:up: Yeah, the police scientist bit gets overlooked a lot (another bit they gave the JL/JLU Flash). And his origin is pretty iconic as far as comics go. I was just thinking about that as I watched a thunderstorm last night, how cool it would be in a movie.

Excited for a Flash movie finally

So Man of Steel doesn't even get a direct sequel? Wow. Lol. Guess it didn't make all that they wanted.

Well let's hope Superman/Batman is all we hope a Superman/Batman teamup movie could ever be. I've wanted that for a longtime and if Snyder or Goyer or god forbid, Nolan, **** it up.... they'd just better stay the hell away from The Flash then.

Just because there is a World's Finest does not mean there won't be a sequel or that it didnt make all they wanted

:up: Yeah, the police scientist bit gets overlooked a lot (another bit they gave the JL/JLU Flash). And his origin is pretty iconic as far as comics go. I was just thinking about that as I watched a thunderstorm last night, how cool it would be in a movie.

Yeah; as his fans know, the character's potential is immense.

They'd better call it the ****ing FLASH. THE FLASH. That's what this movie needs to be called. No need to be apologetic about it and he's never had a movie before so it's not like calling it "Batman 7" if they use his name as the title. Lol.

I would prefer just "Flash".

I would prefer just "Flash".

Idk, I like "The" in his name. Further differentiates him from "Flash Gordon" for people. THE FLASH always sounded like something that happens, to me, like a force of nature. I thought that was a great angle/way to approach the character. His friends and fellow heroes can call him "Flash", kind of a first name basis. But to the rest of the world on the whole he should be known as "The Flash", I think.

Idk, I like "The" in his name. Further differentiates him from "Flash Gordon" for people. THE FLASH always sounded like something that happens, to me, like a force of nature. I thought that was a great angle/way to approach the character. His friends and fellow heroes can call him "Flash", kind of a first name basis. But to the rest of the world on the whole he should be known as "The Flash", I think.

I like "Flash" more because it sounds like a sound effect. I can picture the teaser in my head of something moving really fast on the screen and all you see is FLASH! in all-caps. :yay:

Ok, let's settle with "Flash, The"

I always call him Flash.

Even if it was called The Flash, Scarlet Speedster, That Fast Running Guy from DC, or whatever, I'd still called it Flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"