Xbox The Official Gears of War Thread

been splitting time with my friends trying to mend fences so I've been hiding from them cause they acting like children and don't want to reconcile

something is up one or the other slept with a wife or something cause the hatred is palpable and I'm stuck figuring out wtf happened lolol

but during those horde runs lmk just message me i'll ditch these a-holes and play with
Ok. I can try sending you a message even if I don’t see you online.

I see "COG Tags" as a collectible in the 1st Gears of War. And, there are achievements tied to collecting them.

are COG Tags a collectible in all the other GOW games? Is that a sort of "tradition" in Gears games? Do you get achievements for collecting them in the other Gears games?

Trying to decide if it's worth my time and effort to go out of my way to collect them as I start playing through Gears 1. I feel like if I start collecting them in Gears 1, then I will feel like I need to collect them in subsequent games for "tradition" or whatever. And I want to get through the campaigns of these old Gears games as fast as I can.

Last edited:
I see "COG Tags" as a collectible in the 1st Gears of War. And, there are achievements tied to collecting them.

are COG Tags a collectible in all the other GOW games? Is that a sort of "tradition" in Gears games? Do you get achievements for collecting them in the other Gears games?

Trying to decide if it's worth my time and effort to go out of my way to collect them as I start playing through Gears 1. I feel like if I start collecting them in Gears 1, then I will feel like I need to collect them in subsequent games for "tradition" or whatever. And I want to get through the campaigns of these old Gears games as fast as I can.
Yeah, they’re in all the games and it’s definitely a tradition. The tags in Gears 1 aren’t hard to get and you can always go back and get them later (using chapter select and casual difficulty) rather than slowing your story catch-up down.

Yeah, they’re in all the games and it’s definitely a tradition. The tags in Gears 1 aren’t hard to get and you can always go back and get them later (using chapter select and casual difficulty) rather than slowing your story catch-up down.
thanks.

so you can replay specific chapters?? then I won't have to start all over.....haha.

thanks.

so you can replay specific chapters?? then I won't have to start all over.....haha.
Yeah, and as soon as you get the cog tag you can then quit out and go to the next chapter you need. I've done this many times lol.

Yeah, and as soon as you get the cog tag you can then quit out and go to the next chapter you need. I've done this many times lol.
great! thanks for the tip!

what's good mate new dodgeball mode out for holloween instant revives and respawn it's crazy hectic will be playing that all week I'll be visible lmk

Okay, finally started playing campaign on Gears 5. Already, the story is better than Gears 4. FINALLY some clues to Anya's death, and we skip fighting robots for 45 minutes. Lots of fun!

what's good mate new dodgeball mode out for holloween instant revives and respawn it's crazy hectic will be playing that all week I'll be visible lmk
Sounds good mate!

Okay, finally started playing campaign on Gears 5. Already, the story is better than Gears 4. FINALLY some clues to Anya's death, and we skip fighting robots for 45 minutes. Lots of fun!
Glad you're liking it. I thought it was much better than Gears 4 on that front. Can't wait for the Gears 6 story now.

i'm yet to do any campaign want to get all my horde hero's to lvl 15 before and starting doing my escape guys beinf forced to tbh to unlock the new characters Cog Gear and the Warden

i'm yet to do any campaign want to get all my horde hero's to lvl 15 before and starting doing my escape guys beinf forced to tbh to unlock the new characters Cog Gear and the Warden
The campaign's great. I'll start focusing on getting all the Horde guys to level 15 soon.

I finally completed all the Gears 4 achievements too!

The campaign's great. I'll start focusing on getting all the Horde guys to level 15 soon.

I finally completed all the Gears 4 achievements too!

wow truly impressed not since G1 have I accomplished that
CONGRATULATIONS !!!

wow truly impressed not since G1 have I accomplished that
CONGRATULATIONS !!!
You got Gears 1 Seriously? That's one of the achievements that needs the most dedication. :up:

It's my 8th Gears completion across all platforms (including Japanese Xbox 360, pc, Windows 10 and mobile). 3 more in progress but only Gears 5 likely to be completed within a reasonable timeframe. Gears UE Windows 10 has unobtainable achievements and Pop will take years.

17050/17750 - 96.06%

Gears 5 700/1000
Gears 4 4000/4000
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
1250/1250
Gears of War: Judgment
1500/1500
Gears of War 3
2000/2000
Gears of War 2
1750/1750
Gears of War
1250/1250

Gears of War: Ultimate (Win 10) 950/1250
Gears of War 2 (JP) 1750/1750
Gears of War (PC)
1000/1000
Gears Pop 900/1000

Yeah it's my proudest achievement the G1 Seriously where it was legit all ranked games with all the quitting and those stats didn't count towards it and the host advantage I have it as my sig on xbox
11.466 that's how many "official" kills it took for me to get credit for 10k

jack-O-lanterns skins are earnable if you complete 60 waves of the new monster mash HOrde they have for this week
People are angry that paid for those skins and now people can earn them HEY DON'T BE A SHILL for TC and rush to buy everything they put out

I bought the Kait skeleton skin [PRETTY SWEET LOOKING] IMO

so don't hold it against me lol

You got Gears 1 Seriously? That's one of the achievements that needs the most dedication. :up:

It's my 8th Gears completion across all platforms (including Japanese Xbox 360, pc, Windows 10 and mobile). 3 more in progress but only Gears 5 likely to be completed within a reasonable timeframe. Gears UE Windows 10 has unobtainable achievements and Pop will take years.

17050/17750 - 96.06%

Gears 5 700/1000
Gears 4 4000/4000
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
1250/1250
Gears of War: Judgment
1500/1500
Gears of War 3
2000/2000
Gears of War 2
1750/1750
Gears of War
1250/1250

Gears of War: Ultimate (Win 10) 950/1250
Gears of War 2 (JP) 1750/1750
Gears of War (PC)
1000/1000
Gears Pop 900/1000

salute for the gears pop dedication I stopped playing that it's either I SUCK BALLS IN THE GAME or i'm running into hackers cause I get flooded with pins that I can't defend while I only can send 2 maybe 3 at a time I HATE THAT EFFIN PHONE GAME lol

Yeah it's my proudest achievement the G1 Seriously where it was legit all ranked games with all the quitting and those stats didn't count towards it and the host advantage I have it as my sig on xbox
11.466 that's how many "official" kills it took for me to get credit for 10k
Awesome mate. It took me so long to get that. Can't remember how many kills I needed altogether, but it was a lot more than 10,000. Gears 1 multiplayer is still popular now.

jack-O-lanterns skins are earnable if you complete 60 waves of the new monster mash HOrde they have for this week
People are angry that paid for those skins and now people can earn them HEY DON'T BE A SHILL for TC and rush to buy everything they put out

I bought the Kait skeleton skin [PRETTY SWEET LOOKING] IMO

so don't hold it against me lol
I've bought one - the quartermaster one for Keegan. I don't really buy skins usually.

Awesome mate. It took me so long to get that. Can't remember how many kills I needed altogether, but it was a lot more than 10,000. Gears 1 multiplayer is still popular now.

My main maps were : Mansion and Fuel Depot I stayed jumping into those lobbies or hosting my own and an occasional Rooftops to play with the hammer of dawn

it was strategic to even get to the torque bow in that map without getting hammered from a blind spot

My main maps were : Mansion and Fuel Depot I stayed jumping into those lobbies or hosting my own and an occasional Rooftops to play with the hammer of dawn

it was strategic to even get to the torque bow in that map without getting hammered from a blind spot
I really love Mansion. Need more maps of that standard in Gears 5.

Okay. I finally completed Gears 5. LOVED IT! Played the story and was heartbroken.
I saved JD over Del because, well, I watched Marcus lose his best friend and his dad....and he lost his wife...I couldn't let him lose his son. I like Del all right...but Marcus is my boy.

But Jack...jack....

Ahem...I'm not crying...

Anyways, I got a 3 month of Live (Friday the 13th was free, so don't judge me!), so if you guys see my screen name pop up, shoot me an invite. I'm RARELY on, but it's be a blast to play with you guys a little. My live tag is literally my screen name here.

Last edited:
Anyways, I got a 3 month of Live (Friday the 13th was free, so don't judge me!), so if you guys see my screen name pop up, shoot me an invite. I'm RARELY on, but it's be a blast to play with you guys a little. My live tag is literally my screen name here.[/spoiler]
Your first spoiler is visible for now lol. Yeah, I loved the campaign and am just finishing the final playthrough. Can't wait to see the story continue in 6. Also I've heard a lot of people give exactly the same reason for their decision on that.

Will add your gamertag (mine is in my sig). :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"