The Official Lanterns News & Discussion Thread

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
We figured DC's most biggest-budgeted show to date would probably warrant its own forum, especially now that it's moving full steam ahead.

So new forum, new discussion thread.

Written by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Seth Grahame-Smith, Green Lantern reinvents the classic DC property through a story spanning decades and galaxies, beginning on Earth in 1941 with the very first Green Lantern, secretly gay FBI agent Alan Scott, and 1984, with cocky alpha male Guy Gardner (Wittrock) and half-alien Bree Jarta. They’ll be joined by a multitude of other Lanterns — from comic book favorites to never-before-seen heroes.

Berlanti, Guggenheim and Grahame-Smith executive produce with Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter, David Madden and David Katzenberg; Elizabeth Hunter and Sara Saedi co-executive produce.

1eca176a1224efcbd9b46e23000cee573bad3060.png

This is dumb, but one thing I hope this show includes that wasn't in the movie was the Sector Houses. We only get brief glimpses of them in the comics, but they fascinate me! Like, space apartment complexes/spaceports/jails/Lantern hangouts? Do they have laundry rooms and recreational facilities? I need to know!

Green-Lanterns-34-DC-Comics-Rebirth-spoilers-3.jpg

2.jpg

main-qimg-010d2382350371a4785cdcddd8dff906

I mean, Deadline’s description of Guy was a word-for-word match for the lead character breakdowns we got a few months ago, and those included Jessica as one of the leads, so I don’t see why we shouldn’t expect her to be cast soon. Simon Baz, too.

It was Alan Scott in the 40’s, Guy Gardner and Bree Jarta (original character) in the 80’s, and Jessica and Simon in modern day. Plus Sinestro as a regular, in what period, who knows.

I think it would be kinda cool if Sinestro were present in all the eras - like, as a young newbie in Alan Scott’s era, as “The Greatest of All Lanterns” in Guy’s era, and then as a villain in Jessica/Simon’s.

He’s not human so his age doesn’t have to be an issue.

in some ways yea splitting the lanterns by different eras is a great idea but also makes it hard to cross them over.

Yea that sinister idea sounds great. Sounds wrong without Hal though

I think eventually we will get Hal and John on this show since I don’t think that Green Lantern Corps movie is ever happening.

Does anyone think this’ll be a one and done season? Or maybe the movie is still in the works and they’ll connect the show with the movie?

Can DC please put a ban on new Earth Lanterns? Even if they are half/half. Just, we dont need anymore. I guess the good thing about putting this into different decades is Bree/Guy possibly not being active during Jessica/SImon and everyone else.

Not to be random, but Alan Richtson could have made a decent Guy Gardner haha. I'm not even sure I've heard of the guy they cast for the role, how is everyone feeling about him as Gardner?

Not to be random, but Alan Richtson could have made a decent Guy Gardner haha. I'm not even sure I've heard of the guy they cast for the role, how is everyone feeling about him as Gardner?

Yeah he would've been PERFECT.

I'm guessing you dont watch Ryan Murphy shows?

I'm not even sure I've heard of the guy they cast for the role, how is everyone feeling about him as Gardner?
He doesn't look like Guy, but he's a good actor who naturally gives off a smarmy kind of vibe (which is why I've never been able to get behind him being fancast as characters like Superman or Nightwing), so I think he's actually a pretty good fit for Guy in that sense.

He doesn't look like Guy, but he's a good actor who naturally gives off a smarmy kind of vibe (which is why I've never been able to get behind him being fancast as characters like Superman or Nightwing), so I think he's actually a pretty good fit for Guy in that sense.

People actually fancast him as Superman or Nightwing?
tenor.gif

Though I wish he was able to get a 2nd go as a tv Aquaman

Edit: NVM! You're talking about Finn and not Alan Richtson lol.

Lol yes, I was referring to Finn.

Alan Ritchson's got too much of a golden boy look for Guy to me. I could easier see him as Alan Scott. I personally imagine a live-action Guy to look more like a Rob Kazinsky type.

I hope Sinestro doesn’t die in this. If they are planning to make a movie (and actually follow through with it) Sinestro needs to face off against Hal. I don’t even care if they end up killing each other and John and/or Kyle carry on in the sequels. But Sinestro is Hal’s arch enemy. It’s really going to bother me if they sidestep that entirely.

Can’t wait to see how this turns out. I hope they have a huge vision for it

They better not **** up on the costumes. I seriously wonder if the reason Berlanti wanted to use Guy Gardner is because it presents an opportunity to put another superhero in a goddamn leather jacket.

Imagine if they CGI the costumes again and still give Guy his silly little jacket. That'd be hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"