Smallville Green Arrow Series Coming to the CW? (Hartley not attached)

Ya again we got to remember the cw is changing. Dawn o is out. The new president is gunho for more male drivenn shows, genre shows, and dc stuff. So thinking of how the cw was under dawn isn't how the new cw within the next few yrs will be.

Ollie Queen better have his trademark goatee in this series.

You said

So since the CW didnt do that the first time around, what's your basis for thinking they'd do so now?

Right. My point being the CW wouldn't be able to keep an audience for a show with Phil Morris in the lead, thus they would transform the character into eye candy for a tween audience.

Looks like the Pilot has been greenlit by the CW.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/the...rrow-the-carrie-diaries-beauty-and-the-beast/

he CW went heavily after pre-sold titles in its pilot choices today, greenlighting Arrow, based on the DC Comics book Green Arrow; an adaptation of Candace Bushnell’s novel The Carrie Diaries, a prequel to Sex And The City; and a reboot of the 1980s series Beauty And The Beast. The three join the first pilot ordered by the CW this season, mystery drama Cult. Arrow is described as a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics character Green Arrow. The project, from Berlanti Prods and Warner Bros TV, was written by Andrew Kreisberg (Warehouse 13) and Marc Guggenheim based on a story by Greg Berlanti and Guggenheim. The three are credited as writers/executive producers on the pilot. David Nutter is expected to direct. Justin Hartley, who played the character on the CW’s Smallville for several seasons, is not attached to the new project. Arrow marks the second pilot order for Berlanti and Guggenheim this season along with the Fox legal drama Guilty, written by Guggenheim and executive produced by him and Berlanti.

Beard or not really counts if its young ollie or older ollie. Which we don't know yet. If the pilot is green lightted congrats to them. Can't wait to see who jojns cast, and then crew for series.

I bet Craig from Kryptonsite already has an "Arrow" webpage up...

I bet Craig from Kryptonsite already has an "Arrow" webpage up...

It wouldn't surprise me. He had pages up for Aquaman, the Flash, and Starman. If memory serves the only one, that managed to actually have a complete pilot was Aquaman.

I don't see it a problem if he does. He had a great news page and info for sv. I always liked going to ksite to get news/info and cast/crew stuff.

I hope that they include some familiar faces from Green Arrow's comics like Count Vertigo, Black Hand, Black Canary, Speedy and other DC characters apart from some characters they have made up for the series.

It wouldn't surprise me. He had pages up for Aquaman, the Flash, and Starman. If memory serves the only one, that managed to actually have a complete pilot was Aquaman.

I checked. So far it's part of KSiteTV but I'm sure he'll give it its own individual site like Aquaman and Wonder Woman.

Well I still say for at least first season just focus on ollie himself. So we can big up his character there. And hold out on dinah/speedys to a second season. And counting on direction of the show like will it be about social issues/corp greed stuff. We can still to regular crooks, twisted politicans, and stuff like that. Then maybe pop in 2 or 3 known baddies. Maybe make at least one top villain of his be a reourring character(ie his lex luthor).

I'm all for a well done Green Arrow series, but I'm not going to assume anything until it's officially picked up.

On some level, I still wished Warner Bros. had gone ahead with "Super Max". It wasn't perfect by any means, but it at least managed to handle Oliver Queen with a lot more respect than what happened in the later seasons of Smallville. I personally liked how the show handled the character, when he was strictly at guest star status.

I'm mixed on the CW having the show, but maybe they'll prove me wrong.

I liked the concept of supermax but personally felt it was a better sequel/end movie story then a first film for character.

Just read the oliver casting news an hr ago. I haven't seen his works before. But I wish the guy best of luck in the role. Can't wait to see how he turns out.

From the writers of Green Lantern....if that doesn't say run and hide, I don't know what will.

Honestly I've read the cast sides for this show and it sounds HORRIBLE. Plus the dude they have as Ollie can't act so..I guess I'll pass.

just cause they bombed with gl which was more of a mess with the studio/dc doesnt mean they will always do bad. All those guys have had good and bad stuff on there records.

From the writers of Green Lantern....if that doesn't say run and hide, I don't know what will.

Honestly I've read the cast sides for this show and it sounds HORRIBLE. Plus the dude they have as Ollie can't act so..I guess I'll pass.

This argument doesn't make any sense. That's like saying Sam Raimi is a bad director cuz he messed up Spidey 3. And like webhead mentioned, much like GL, they messed S3 because of the studio's bullcrap. I'm gonna give the show a chance, I never pass judgment on something before I've seen the final product.

Totally there was alot of problems with gl on a production stance then it was with the script. Plus every great writer/producer/direct has a few fumbles and most can turn around and make next project all the better. Plus also we dont know who else is invovled with the production and for the matter if all the producers/writers if it goes to series will stay on and be showrunners or move onto other projects and other folks come in. One plus though with david nutter as director it should look and be directed well and he has one hell of a track record for pilots going to series.

So they revealed what GA will look like in his new show. Gotta say, I'm impressed.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/first-image-of-superhero-from-arrow-pilot/

ARROW__120319170830-575x383.jpg

Still think the best time to have intro'd a GA series was five years ago as a spinoff of the SV character (before he got bogged down with unnecessary baggage coughChloecough). I hope it's a good show, but I'm not holding my breath.

Looks good I hope the show is good and not a missed oppurtunity like Wonder Woman (still cant believe they screwed that one up). I also hope the show is dark and looking at the above image it looks like it may just be.

Its not to bad, but the show is going to be totally different then sv ollie. So it won't have all the baggage.

except that they largely grifted the look of the SV costume, just with sleeves!

I am digging the non compact bow though. That always tweaked me somewhat about GA on Smallville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"