The Official Lanterns News & Discussion Thread

This is apparently one of the writers:

FNY99LVXIAQWO4d

Saw another tweet saying production's about to start, so maybe we'll get more than these crumbs soon?

Honestly, it’s been so long since those guys were announced, I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if recastings ended up happening.

At the very least, if they’re doing the gay take on Alan Scott, let’s actually cast a gay actor. I mean, Jonathan Groff is right there.

Why should a gay character be played specifically by a gay actor? Groff has been pretty good in straight roles for years.
Roles for LGBTQIA+ are limited. Thus pairing those roles with people who are a part of the community opens up the few chances those groups get. It's similar to voice acting, where you could technically just cast a white actor for every role and still have "representation", but that limits the chances for voice actors of color.

From more then a few interviews I've read, actors of the community really like playing roles their affirm their sexuality and/or gender. It's the same for the community as a whole when they see the representation. And in the current climate, that's pretty important.

Last edited:
Honestly, it’s been so long since those guys were announced, I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if recastings ended up happening.

At the very least, if they’re doing the gay take on Alan Scott, let’s actually cast a gay actor. I mean, Jonathan Groff is right there.

I don't understand this.... yes, indeed hire gay actors, due to merit, not because of who they sleep with... we ain't all Bryan Singer.

You're going to be pissed when you realize it isn't animals voicing the characters in the upcoming DC league of super pets.

The only time I would agree on this is if they hired Matt Boomer or dare I say it, Rupert Everett if they needed an older gentleman.

So, no start date for filming yet, and Irvine (Alan Scott) still hasn't tried on a costume. Should we be concerned for this series now?

I swear WB has gone through like 3 presidents, 5 takeovers (sarcasm), and it hasnt even started filming yet, no one has had costume fittings....an entire new Game of Thrones show has been filmed. What is the hold up?

It’s embarrassing how long this is taking.

Taking wayyy wayyy too long, but if it turns out good, that's all that matters.

Anyone here go see the Green Lantern film in theaters back in 2011? That's around the time I started posting on this forum. I was so excited for that movie man...

Anyone here go see the Green Lantern film in theaters back in 2011? That's around the time I started posting on this forum. I was so excited for that movie man...
I have the deepest memory of seeing the racetrack construck in theaters, I have no idea who would have taken me though (I was like 10-11) my dad liked CBM but he never minded waiting until the DvD came out lol. Could be a made up thought though

I have the deepest memory of seeing the racetrack construck in theaters, I have no idea who would have taken me though (I was like 10-11) my dad liked CBM but he never minded waiting until the DvD came out lol. Could be a made up thought though
Haha! I was about 18 when it came out. Went to the midnight showing... it was literally like me and my friends and three other people. I loved Mark Strong as Sinestro... RR as Hal was decent, but I was/am a huge fan of Geoff John's GL run, so the movie was a pretty big let down for me. Just a lot went wrong with that movie.

I saw a sneak preview then paid to see it opening weekend. Still don't hate it...

I saw a sneak preview then paid to see it opening weekend. Still don't hate it...

I don't hate it either, but I left the theater being disappointed. If it came out around the early 00s I feel it would have been a much better success. It kinda has that era-vibe to it. The suit was whack though lol. I watched the movie the other day, some of the CGI is just rough.

Serious question… is this series still happening? As far as I can tell, they didn’t even mention it at Comic Con or Fandome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"