The Official Lanterns News & Discussion Thread

Good, didn’t want to lose this one.

Im laughing. Berlanti is the only one remaining lol. I cant with this studio.

****, i mean cool...focus on John Stewart...but damn i wanted my Green Lantern Universe and not just one guy.

This is feeling more and more like the Gambit movie all over again.

Eli Goree (Ballers, One Night In Miami, Riverdale, Suits and The 100) would make a good John Stewart.

****, i mean cool...focus on John Stewart...but damn i wanted my Green Lantern Universe and not just one guy.

To be fair just cause it focuses on JS doesn't mean we won't see the rest of the universe it just means they won't be main characters.

To be fair just cause it focuses on JS doesn't mean we won't see the rest of the universe it just means they won't be main characters.

That could be yeah.

Thank god this original HORRIBLE idea was scrapped and reworked to feature John.

It was such a ****ing awful idea to focus on Guy and Alan as the first introduction to earth GL in the Dceu. John and Hal are the only paths to redeeming this IP.

But really… just scrap the show and do a Lethal Weapon inspired film with John and Hal. Maybe Gunn will push for this.

I wasn’t a fan of the original idea so I’m glad it got scrapped. As for John Stewart, I think he deserves his own movie rather than a series. I hope they scrap the GL series altogether and make movies.

I’m so glad this got scrapped… thrilled. The original idea was truly so awful and shortsighted. How could anyone be so tone deaf as to ignore the fans THAT much. The fans of this IP have been requesting two characters. John and Hal. Yet you focus on the two characters no one was asking for… Guy and Alan.

I am a big GL guy and I truly enjoy Alan Scott and Guy Gardner. I’ve read a ton of the original 1940s run of Green Lantern and I really enjoyed Guy in Justice League International. The only two characters they need to start with would be John and Hal. Kyle is my dude too- I’ve read a ton of his 90s comics but you don’t start with him.

This is a really good sign and shows some unity and an actual intention to strengthen the DCU with a strong foundation of GL lore.

With this move, we can begin to move forward and use these characters in upcoming DC films.

Splitting the story up over multiple decades with a much older 1980s based Guy Gardner was ****ing dumb! Keep everyone in the same time period aside from Alan, so that way they can all show up in other crossover DC films. And a younger Alan can tie into any upcoming JSA stories that have already been opened up by Black Adam.

My vote is Tom Cruise for Hal Jordan and Trevante Rhodes for John Stewart. Give Tom Cruise some creative power to lock his team of McQuarrie or Kosinski and they could have a really killer GL franchise. Maybe even scrap the show idea completely and just do a movie.

What's especially baffling is that according to the article they're considerably reducing the budget which was originally set to be 120M.

I have mixed feelings on this. Granted, I wanted this show to focus on ONE of my favorite (and arguably the most important) GLs - Hal, John or Kyle. I would love all three but any of them would have been fine. Instead, the show was going to focus on Alan (love Alan too but since his story was going to be set in the 1940s, it might have felt disconnected from the rest of the show), Guy (who I only want as a side character mostly used for comic relief) and some “original character” (we have like 5 million GLs they could use but Berlanti seems to think his ideas are better than all of them and having seen his CW shows, I know they aren’t). So that part is fixed. Cool. On the other hand, it sounds like they want to film it on the cheap and if the Ryan Reynolds movie taught us anything, you can’t cut corners when making a GL story. So… yeah, I’m not sure about this.

If it ends up looking really subpar then I'm afraid it will sink the property again.

I have mixed feelings on this. Granted, I wanted this show to focus on ONE of my favorite (and arguably the most important) GLs - Hal, John or Kyle. I would love all three but any of them would have been fine. Instead, the show was going to focus on Alan (love Alan too but since his story was going to be set in the 1940s, it might have felt disconnected from the rest of the show), Guy (who I only want as a side character mostly used for comic relief) and some “original character” (we have like 5 million GLs they could use but Berlanti seems to think his ideas are better than all of them and having seen his CW shows, I know they aren’t). So that part is fixed. Cool. On the other hand, it sounds like they want to film it on the cheap and if the Ryan Reynolds movie taught us anything, you can’t cut corners when making a GL story. So… yeah, I’m not sure about this.
Were Jessica and Simon not involved?

Were Jessica and Simon not involved?

I’m not sure. Maybe? But I know that at least a good portion of the story was suppose to focus on an original character. And look, I’m not against original characters altogether. But when you have SO many established characters you could focus on, I have a hard time believing that whatever you came up with was SO much better than all of them. It’s like the Cole Young thing in Mortal Kombat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"