The Official Green Lantern Rumors/Speculation Thread - Part 1

Nate is gonna kill this. Yeah he would've been a good Hal, but he can play cocky and arrogant well too. He'd probably have more fun with it as well.

I get wanting Nathan Fillion as Hal Jordan, since that's been the discussion for over a decade, but let's not act like this is a terrible choice, he's absolutely going to crush it as Guy Gardner. Some very odd backlash torwards this casting, imo. Is it really that big of a deal that Guy will be older than Hal & John? He always looked like he was old in the comics, pre-Geoff Johns/2000s. Fillion is 52. Affleck was crushing it as Batman in late 40s. It will be okay, guys.

My favorite GL is Kyle Rayner, I'm wondering if he will ever see the light of day in animation/live action. Would love to see Kyle vs Parallax play out one day.

I get wanting Nathan Fillion as Hal Jordan, since that's been the discussion for over a decade, but let's not act like this is a terrible choice, he's absolutely going to crush it as Guy Gardner. Some very odd backlash torwards this casting, imo. Is it really that big of a deal that Guy will be older than Hal & John? He always looked like he was old in the comics, pre-Geoff Johns/2000s. Fillion is 52. Affleck was crushing it as Batman in late 40s. It will be okay, guys.

My favorite GL is Kyle Rayner, I'm wondering if he will ever see the light of day in animation/live action. Would love to see Kyle vs Parallax play out one day.

The thing is too is that we don't know how old Hal and John are going to be when they're introduced. I could easily see Hal being written as middle aged while John is younger.

Last edited:
I started thinking that Jordan may actually be older than Fillion, and it opens the door for Cruise to finally play Hal. I think if Cruise wants to do it the role should be his. And they have to do the Parallax storyline if Cruise is cast, let that MF go all Collateral on Kyle Rayner or (more than likely) some kind of John/Kyle amalgam like the animated movie

Definitely not opposed to either Marsden or Cruise as Hal, tbh. I assume they may go younger for Hal, but won't be mad if we got either of them.

If it’s down to Marsden or Cruise I’m team Cruise 100%. Marsden is good but doesn’t have nearly as much charisma as Cruise. He is the greatest working movie star and if he wants the role he should get it.

They’re casting for a TV show. Tom Cruise ain’t doing a TV Show.

He won’t do it either, but I’ll throw it out there anyway: Chris Pine for Hal (he’ll do TV as he’s done it in the past, I just don’t think he wants to be a superhero any more than Gosling does, but a girl can dream). Trevante Rhodes for John.

They’re casting for a TV show. Tom Cruise ain’t doing a TV Show.

He won’t do it either, but I’ll throw it out there anyway: Chris Pine for Hal (he’ll do TV as he’s done it in the past, I just don’t think he wants to be a superhero any more than Gosling does, but a girl can dream). Trevante Rhodes for John.

Pine aint above schlock now tho. He was rumored to gotten paid his biggest payday for DnD. All they gotta do is match it.

Potentially Hot take:

DND is better than both Wonder Woman movies and all the Pine Star Trek movies.

and yeah he’d be a great Hal Jordan. I’d love to see it.

Chris Pine would be a great Hal as well. Wouldn't complain at all. I didn't even think about Lanterns being a TV series... Yeah, I don't think Tom Cruise would do a TV show.

Tbh, I'm kinda hoping most of the GL's are older, so maybe we can get to Kyle someday lol. Anyone know if James Gunn is a fan of Kyle? Someone tweet him real quick who his favorite GL is lol.

Chris Pine would be a great Hal as well. Wouldn't complain at all. I didn't even think about Lanterns being a TV series... Yeah, I don't think Tom Cruise would do a TV show.

Tbh, I'm kinda hoping most of the GL's are older, so maybe we can get to Kyle someday lol. Anyone know if James Gunn is a fan of Kyle? Someone tweet him real quick who his favorite GL is lol.
As another Kyle fan, I have been on the lookout for ANY sign we might get to see him any time soon and have come up empty. But I agree, an older set of starting Lanterns suggests they’d be leaving room for the New Guard (particularly Kyle and Jessica) so that is certainly my preference. I think the TV series aspect also raises our chances there, as the whole Emerald Twilight/destruction-and-Rebirth of the Corps storyline is ideal for a season-long TV plot, not so much a movie one.

Maybe they’ll start the show off with Hal as Parallax. I could see Marsden being into that. He seems more interested in playing against type at this stage of his career.

Last edited:
Count me in as another Kyle fan! I still think Geoff Johns’ run is the best GL run, but I have a soft spot for Marz’ take on GL with Kyle. Kyle has taken Hal’s spot as my favorite GL in recent years, he is so important to the mythos.

I love his solo series but also his appearances in JLA (the greatest JL run) solidify him as my favorite GL

Count me in as another Kyle fan! I still think Geoff Johns’ run is the best GL run, but I have a soft spot for Marz’ take on GL with Kyle. Kyle has taken Hal’s spot as my favorite GL in recent years, he is so important to the mythos.

I love his solo series but also his appearances in JLA (the greatest JL run) solidify him as my favorite GL

Green Lantern Rebirth was one of the first DC Comics graphic novels I bought, and I ended up reading so much of Johns run, loved it! But I went back and read Emerald Twilight saga years later, and Kyle ended up becoming my favorite. Absolutely love his story!

Kinda upset the Kyle Rayner graphic novel collection got canceled after Volume 2. Ah well.

It won't happen but I'd love to see this reconfigured as a film. I have concerns whether or not GL can be done justice on a TV budget.

Btw, if any of you Kyle fans have not read Tom King’s Omega Men, I highly, HIGHLY recommend it! Kyle’s actually kinda the lead in that (set during his White Lantern era) and the whole story’s just brilliant imo. Would kill to see a movie or high-budget mini-series adaption of that.

Btw, if any of you Kyle fans have not read Tom King’s Omega Men, I highly, HIGHLY recommend it! Kyle’s actually kinda the lead in that (set during his White Lantern era) and the whole story’s just brilliant imo. Would kill to see a movie or high-budget mini-series adaption of that.

I actually bought it after you reccomended it years ago. Going to have to revisit it soon!

Not related to the Lanterns series, but they are releasing a compendium of Kyle Rayner's Green Lantern comics in November! Sadly for us who have the Kyler Rayner collection thay released a few years ago, it's Volume 1-2 of that.

13_0c1109cf-dac4-43c3-899c-c15a77fc1d83_666x1024.jpg

Not related to the Lanterns series, but they are releasing a compendium of Kyle Rayner's Green Lantern comics in November! Sadly for us who have the Kyler Rayner collection thay released a few years ago, it's Volume 1-2 of that.

View attachment 66954
I don’t own any physical copies of Kyle’s run so I will certainly be buying this, but hopefully they’ll release another compendium or something that will cover the rest of the run that was in the canceled continuation of those Kyle Rayner collection trades. Weird to me that they’d cancel those collections and then release a compendium ONLY of what they’d already released if they weren’t planning to do the rest imo. The “Kyle Rayner Rising” title gives me hope that there’s plans for more.

DC's TBP strategy is so god awful. Nearly every series gets halfway through before they cancel it, and they never print enough to keep the after market from selling trades for over $100. Whoever's in charge of that department needs a nice kick in the privates.

I want to buy this. But I won't do it unless I know they will publish the rest. I'm not into owning half of a run.

I went to my local comic shop and picked up some of the issues after the graphic novel collection (which is issue #65) but I'm going to visit a few other ones nearby and see if I can find any.

It is annoying when they flat out cancel them. Tbh, they should have just continued putting out the Kyle Rayner collection, but it is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"