1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

The ballot is here! Voting will end Feb. 4th!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

The Official Green Lantern Rumors/Speculation Thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'Green Lantern Corps.' started by Thread Manager, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Sean Holmes Registered

Are you or anyone else enjoying the return of Starman on season two of CW's Stargirl? Or, would you rather see the person who appears to be Sylvester (aka: Starman) as DC comic's Starman Four Will Payton, the dude with the shape-shifting powers? Lastly, should Jenny from CW's Stargirl connect back to the Green Lantern HBO project?

2. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

My hope is that the Green Lantern HBO Max series is at a level of quality where it could be connected to the film side.

I’d rather this tv show be connected to the movies and serve as a foundation for a GLC movie with Hal and John

3. Detective Conan Registered

With no news from Fandome, I think it’s safe to say this movie is never happening.

4. emielaen Registered

That doesn't mean anything. The series has every major GL outside of the main two. The point is to connect it to a film with Stewart and Hal.

5. Lantern Venom Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host

It doesn't quite have every titular GL: Kyle and Jo don't have any current live-action homes. I hope that changes for both.
    As far as the movie, it's likely in limbo at this point. The Fandome live-action projects that were features were also much further along in production than either the GL show or possible movie. GL fans are going to have to be patient (I know that seems like all we ever hear) because the pandemic further complicated an already murky future for GL projects.

6. misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

I posted this in the other thread.
    I am curious why everyone loves John Stewart so much, is it because he was the GL in the the animated show? I only read the reboot of Green Lantern that Geoff Johns did back in 2004. Then the relaunch of the Green Lantern Corps all the way up until brightest day. John Stewart had really nothing to do during this run I think he was with the Justice League during all these events. He showed up briefly but the main Earth characters in the Corps were Kyle and Guy. I liked the Sinestro Corps War the best, that would be cool to see on screen. Anyway my point is John was really not part of the Corps stories at that time, don't know if that has changed. Usually a story comes out and showcases a character then everyone loves that person, I haven't seen one with John Stewart, but my GL knowledge is limited to that era I mentioned above.

The Lazarus Pit likes this.
  7. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

8. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Ok so it’s true detective in space. Hope it’s good and they get some decent cgi this time

9. TheVileOne Registered

The news stories said it would be terrestrial based.

10. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

What does that mean exactly? (haven’t seen True Detective :O )

11. Kane52630 BATMOBILE USER

It's a very dark and philosophical detective show.

Iceman likes this.
  12. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Thanks for that. How do you think that could apply to Lanterns? Investigating sinister galactic cases?

13. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Yeah like a crime series basically.

hope they find a good director for this too